Trayvon Martin Was 'Profiled' & 'Murdered,' His Parents Say

Thu, April 12, 2012 6:22pm EDT by 10 Comments
Trayvon Martin Parents Today Show

Trayvon’s mother clears up a confusing comment she said on ‘The Today Show’ April 12.

George Zimmerman, 28, is currently facing a charge for second-degree murder for shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. His parents —  Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin  — spoke out regarding the latest development on The Today Show on April 12 saying they thought the shooting was “an accident.”

“I believe it was an accident. I believe that it just got out of control, and he couldn’t turn the clock back,” Trayvon’s mother said on Today.

Since then, Sybrina and Tracy have released a statement holding firm to their belief that their son is still a victim of murder.

We believe that George Zimmerman stalked my son and murdered him in cold blood,” Fulton said. “The ‘accident’ I was referring to was the fact that George Zimmerman and my son ever crossed paths. It was an accidental encounter. If George Zimmerman hadn’t gotten out of his vehicle, this entire incident would have been avoided.”

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you agree that Trayvon was profiled and murdered? Vote and weigh in below.
More Trayvon Martin news:

1. George Zimmerman In Police Custody & Will Be Charged With Murder
  2. Prosecutor: Trayvon Martin Case Will Not Go To Grand Jury
  3. Geraldo Rivera Finally Apologizes For Slamming Trayvon Martin

reduce stress

Posted at 2:29 AM on April 14, 2012

Nice post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I’m inspired! Very helpful information specifically the closing phase :) I deal with such information much. I used to be looking for this particular info for a very lengthy time. Thank you and good luck.

joeseph bloggs

Posted at 3:18 AM on April 13, 2012

Tsg & Jessie, I don’t know what Trayvon both of you are talking about cos the Trayvon in this article DID NOT have a criminal record or a history of violence (check your facts). However u know who had a criminal record and a history of violence?….Zimmerman.

Jessie

Posted at 12:03 AM on April 13, 2012

You know, I have unlimited respect for Trayvon and my heart goes out to his family, but he isn’t as innocent as the media is portraying him to be. Those pictures they’re showing the “kid pictures”, those were taken years ago. He has a police record (so does Zimmerman), but they tend to leave that out most of the time. I don’t know what happened, but I do know that the trial was unfair. Everyone is turning their backs on Zimmerman, but who knows if he is isn’t or not?

Tsg

Posted at 10:36 PM on April 12, 2012

Its hard to imagine someone so innocent looking has been murdered, please ignore his rap sheet

mom of 3

Posted at 9:36 PM on April 12, 2012

Its such a touchy subject. Everyone has their own views. Both sides have families that are hurting. JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON.

lakeisha sims

Posted at 8:50 PM on April 12, 2012

i totally agree with his parents the situation gort out of ahnd but he was intentionally to plan on killing somebody that night but instead he choose to pick a unarmed teenager who was carring only a bag of skittles and ice tea there nothing withwith that a child walking home in the rain what didhe expect for treyvon martin to do not walk in the rain that late at night with his hoodie on everybody inamerica wears a hoodie that doesnt means that they are on drugs or something wrong with him zimmerman wanted trouble that night and look at that result he got..

paige-momof5

Posted at 8:23 PM on April 12, 2012

if it was my child god forbid poo poo .. i would surely not be selling pictures and making money off of interviews before he has not even got laid to rest !!!!!!!!!!!

I would be in a mental hospital on suicide watch !!!!!!

Cindy

Posted at 7:12 PM on April 12, 2012

I agree with lshtar. But my comment is.. his parents are pissing me of! They are ignoring the proof that both Zimmerman and their son were wrong.

Diva

Posted at 7:57 PM on April 12, 2012

How would you feel if it were your son?

Ishtar

Posted at 7:05 PM on April 12, 2012

This story does not belong in here. Please remove it.