You’ve got to check out this film when it hits theaters April 20 because it will teach you a thing or two about ‘puppy love’!
If Diane Keaton is starring in a film, it’s enough of a reason for me to see it. But her co-star in the upcoming film My Darling Companion is giving her some competition, he has four legs and a gorgeous fur coat. Yes, the star of the film is a dog!
I attended the NYC premiere of the film hosted by The Cinema Society & Rachael Ray Nutrish with Grey Goose Cherry Noir and I had high hopes for the film and it my far exceeded my expectations. In case you need a quick rundown, the film is about a woman named Beth Winter [Diane] who feels neglected by her workaholic doctor/husband Joseph [Kevin Kline]. While driving down the highway with her daughter Grace [Elisabeth Moss], Beth notices an injured stray dog alongside the road.
Needless to say, she brings him home even though her husband is not a dog lover. The film shows you how a furry friend can bring together a family and teach you things about yourself that you might not have known. I don’t want to give too much away but after Joseph loses the dog while taking him for a walk, the family comes together to find him and themselves.
Here are the five reasons to see this film:
1. Diane Keaton proves once again why she is America’s sweetheart and why she’s an Academy Award winner.
2. If you’ve seen Raiders of the Lost Ark, Body Heat or The Bodyguard, then you know why Lawrence Kasdan is one of the best directors of our time.
3. If you love dogs then you’ll love this film. If you’ve ever lost a pet then this will definitely pull at your heartstrings and make you want to run out and get another one!
4. The best part about falling in love are the butterflies and this film definitely has a subplot that will have you thinking back to how you met the one! If you haven’t met that special person yet, then it will have you more excited than ever to meet that lucky one!
5. Relationships are tough and this reminds you why if you find someone special, you should do whatever it takes to make it work!