Will 'The Hunger Games' Beat 'Breaking Dawn' For Best Kiss?

Tue, April 10, 2012 9:52am EDT by 559 Comments

Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart vs. Josh Hutcherson and Jennifer Lawrence: Josh weighs in on the kiss-off!

It’s hard not to pit The Hunger Games and Breaking Dawn, Part 1 against one another — and it’ll be even harder when Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart face off against Josh Hutcherson and Jennifer Lawrence at the MTV Movie Awards this summer! Which couple will win the coveted golden popcorn for Best Kiss? “I don’t know, they had a great kiss,” Josh told VH1 on April 8 at the NewNowNext Awards.

“[Rob and Kristen's] was so passionate,” he continued. “Ours was like — I was on my deathbed, wasn’t very sexy. I don’t know, we’ll see. Maybe. I’d be so lucky. One can only hope!”

Josh may have given a totally diplomatic answer, but we think he can afford to be a little more confident than that. Rob and Kristen may have undeniable chemistry, but Josh’s kiss with Jennifer was also pretty hot!

Which couple do YOU think will Best Kiss at the MTV Movie Awards this summer? Watch Josh’s interview, then vote below!

Ally

Posted at 11:29 AM on April 14, 2012

I don’t really feel the “love” in Hunger Games. That’s the only thing they have to work on.

Sophie

Posted at 12:10 PM on April 15, 2012

You can’t have read the book then. ‘This is the first kiss where I feel a stirring in my chest. This is the first kiss that makes me want another.” Direct quotation. And in the first book they were faking it anyway! (Well Katniss anyway)

sarah

Posted at 12:33 PM on April 15, 2012

well we’re not talking about the kiss in the book, we’re talking about the kiss in the movie, and it’s not sexy plus they didn’t get the chemistry anyway so you couldn’t feel more love in there …

lorence carter

Posted at 2:05 AM on April 14, 2012

Definitely I support for Rob and Kristen,my mate are also ready to caste vote towards the couple.

Harry Potter theme park

jess

Posted at 10:15 AM on April 13, 2012

i watched TITANIC 3D yesterday and i could say that THE BEST CHEMISTRY i’ve ever seen is JACK/ROSE and EDWARD/BELLA. so i vote ROB and KRISTEN!!

Alice

Posted at 11:28 AM on April 14, 2012

well, i think in titanic, jack and rose (leo and kate) is better than bella and edward. By just a little…

Anne

Posted at 7:01 AM on April 13, 2012

I Love Both Hunger Games and Twilight! and I’m TEAM Peeniss but i’m madly in love with ROBSTEN!!! cause they have this unexplainable CHEMISTRY On and OFF SCREEN!! :” plus if they win again it will be 4 years in a row… :” :> and and its already the last film of the franchise… so i have/need to vote for ROBSTEN!! :” :>

annie12

Posted at 10:16 PM on April 12, 2012

keeta all the way! i loved that scene and can’t wait for more kisses in the next movies!! <3

Ian

Posted at 3:57 PM on April 12, 2012

Come on all you twilight fans vote breaking dawn

chris08

Posted at 9:05 AM on April 12, 2012

Oh for the love of Panem, I’d rather watch two ducks kiss than stupid, emotionless, always-stoned Kristen and that sparkling Mardi Gras gay Robert!!

Sophie

Posted at 11:32 AM on April 15, 2012

Truedat. THG is a hell of a lot better than Twlight! The acting is FAR superior.

Emma Pagan

Posted at 5:21 PM on April 15, 2012

Hahahhaha you are completely right xD The Hunger Games is so much better than twilight. MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR HUNGER GAMES!

lana

Posted at 8:25 AM on April 12, 2012

ROB AND KRISTEN!!!
even my friend who really the fan of the hunger games agree with me that the chemistry between Rob and Kristen is more incredible than Jennifer and Josh…

Arianna

Posted at 12:31 AM on April 12, 2012

Oh and I think Breaking Dawn kiss should win!!!!!!!!*>.<*

Arianna

Posted at 12:29 AM on April 12, 2012

I saw breaking dawn, and I LOVED it!!!!!! I’ve now watched it 3 times. I personally love the name Renesmee and my bestie told me that there’s a girl in The Hunger Games named Primrose, and both those names are VERY pretty to me!! So, when I have a baby girl, I’m gonna name her PrimRose Renesmee!!! What a pretty name huh? At first I was thinking PrimRose Masyn, but then I thought of lil “Nessie” Cullen, and I came up with PrimRose Renesmee!!!! *>.<*

Lea

Posted at 12:27 PM on April 15, 2012

“So, when I have a baby girl, I’m gonna name her PrimRose Renesmee!!!”

*FACEPALM*

adele

Posted at 9:01 PM on April 11, 2012

oh please obv robsten wins ! I dont feel the “love” in the hunger games.thats something they should improve.please robsten kiss in the awards already!!Its the last one come on!!!!!

adel

Posted at 3:05 PM on April 12, 2012

If you ever read the books , you would know that hunger games is not about a teenage couple being inlove , it is about surviving

lee

Posted at 11:39 PM on April 13, 2012

if there is no love in the hunger games then i don’ have a reason to pick them.

Kayla

Posted at 1:22 PM on April 15, 2012

There really is. I mean, she loved him, she didn’t really know it yet. In a way, I guess. Depending on how you think. I mean, I think she loved him. But I also read all the books.

Aly

Posted at 8:07 PM on April 11, 2012

Breaking Dawn!

CAT

Posted at 7:33 PM on April 11, 2012

I dont which one to pick becasue In the book for HG the kiss was so much more than the movie. The movie left alot about the cave out. But I like Breaking Dawn too. But not as much as the HG. So I pick the Hunger Games Kiss.

LOVE

Posted at 9:09 PM on April 13, 2012

Why pick Hunger Games if there isnt any love in the kiss?

Iz

Posted at 5:42 PM on April 15, 2012

Okay so the kiss isn’t about love its about doing anything to survive which is a MUCH better story that twilight because all the twilight saga teaches is that you need a boyfriend which is complete and utter crap, yes it’s well written but the actual plot isnt good and has been over used whereas the hunger games is entirely unique!

em

Posted at 6:59 PM on April 11, 2012

Jennifer/Josh for sure! So sick of twilight, let someone else win! I think Rupert/Emma deserve it over twilight too.

L.O.V.E

Posted at 11:27 AM on April 11, 2012

Rubert/Emma(HP)
Taylor/Lily(Abduction)
Robert/Kristen(BD)
Ryan/Emma Stone(Crazystupidlove)
Justin/Mila(FWB)

Sorry but these kissing are way hotter then Peeniss little peck kiss!

lana

Posted at 11:19 AM on April 11, 2012

I’m sorry as much as I love THG I just don’t see the passion between Jen and Josh when they kiss and Rob and Kristen kissing scene in BD,yes it was romantic but I’m kind of tired them win..can’t deal with the cringe worthy awkwardness with those two.

Tammy

Posted at 11:00 AM on April 11, 2012

Definitely Rob and Kristen. There kiss actually ment something. I don’t think the hunger games did

Kathrine

Posted at 9:49 AM on April 11, 2012

Josh is so cute when he talks…:)
I agree…Jenn and Josh’s kiss wasn’t sexy but this is the way it should be if you haven’t read the books.Peeta is gonna die and Katniss tries to do everything to save hs life.And when she kisses him(i love that a girl makes the first move!)then he says NOW THERE IS NO WAY I AM LETTING YOU GO…i mean..i am dying of the sweetness!:p i think B.D is going to win but my awards goes to THG!

Melanie

Posted at 9:39 AM on April 11, 2012

I don’t think that THG fans care so much about the best kiss award because THG are not a romantic story like Twilight.
Robsten have a great chemistry and their chemistry is the only reason why i am watching the series and they had wonderful passionate kisses but THG kiss was sooo sweet.I think that Breaking Dawn kiss is going to win but Jenn and Josh have an amazing chemistry,too.They are so funny and so equal.I love them and their kiss was exactly as it should be.It’s the only kiss in the movie and is has to show that Katniss feels something for Peeta and she doesn’t do this jsut fot the games and their kiss showes that perfectly.I can’t wait for their kiss on the beach in Catching Fire!Josh answers was EXCELLENT!LOVE HIM!Good luck to both!

Acoustic

Posted at 5:44 AM on April 11, 2012

I liked the hungergames but the wedding kiss in Breaking dawn is definitely the best in the series.I’ld definitely go for Rob and Kristen that kiss was sexy,and long i thought it wasnt going to end……thats what good chemistry is.

Adriana

Posted at 5:38 AM on April 11, 2012

Seriously?Breaking Dawn?When Edward and Bella are kissing is like they are both in pain.And they are so awkward.And believe me there is no chemistry!
At least in the hunger games katniss did it to save peeta’s life.maybe it was not love but it was still meaninful (if you think also her situation with Gale).
For me Harry Potter must win.Hermione and Ron?THAT’S TRUE LOVE!
Anyway,i think the nominees will be:
Twilight:BD1 Edward and Bella
THG-Katniss and Peeta
HP 7.2-Ron and Hermione
Thor -Thor and Jane
The Vow-i don’t remember their names.

Anyway,wouldn’t be awesome if Albert and Joey from war horse would won?

kimberly

Posted at 8:04 AM on April 11, 2012

first i’m the hunger games fan and I can not deny that the chemistry between Rob and Kristen is more wonderful than Jennifer and Josh. And when bella and edward kiss, it’s passionate not pain….

kimberly

Posted at 8:38 AM on April 11, 2012

Ariadne

Posted at 5:22 AM on April 11, 2012

@maya breaking dawn did less than the previous two twilight movies.in 2011 twilight was the only franchise which had a sequel that underperfomed!
Now with THG all those love-stoned girls turned their backs to twilight and it’s obvious.Twilight does not have the buzz that the previous films had.
I remember when twilight released a movie the sequel was always in the most anticipated movies.IMDb(the most reliable movie source) released a list of 2012 most anticipated movies. BD.2 was not included.Even G.I Joe was ranked.

twifan

Posted at 5:33 AM on April 11, 2012

hey man, the topic is about the movies’ kisses.
who’ll win in the mtv movie awards best kiss category? that’s all!

IU

Posted at 8:29 AM on April 11, 2012

did you read the title?
this is not about which the best movie!!! this is about who have the best kiss!!!

melody

Posted at 3:06 AM on April 11, 2012

I really bet for Rob and Kristen because they have a good chemistry. And i would see their kiss, filled with love and compassion. Twas so natural, being so in love with each other.

Rob and Kristen

Posted at 3:05 AM on April 11, 2012

I have to agree with Josh. His kiss with Kat was not sexy. They are cool but I don’t see any chemistry. Sorry guys. I expected more from Hunger Games.

Karaq