Miley Cyrus, Adele & 'The Hunger Games' — 2012's Most Popular Baby Names

Tue, April 10, 2012 5:20pm EDT by 31 Comments

‘The Hunger Games’ isn’t just making an impact at the box office: Rue, Cato & more characters made the top baby names of 2012!

NameBerry.com has released its official list of predictions for the hottest boy and girl names in 2012, and some of them might be surprising — yet totally familiar.

Here are their top name picks:

Rue The Hunger Games influenced this top name. It is originated from the series, Rue is a young girl who meets a tragic end.

Emmett — Thanks to Twilight‘s Emmett Cullen, this name is sure to be popular.

Weston, Wesley, West —  All these versions of West are great, but Weston is the name of The Office’s Jenna Fischer son.

Ivy – Superstars Beyonce and Jay-Z trademarked this name for daughter, Blue Ivy, but this name is sure to rise to the top.

Adele — The Grammy-winner Adele may have something to do with this one!

Grayson, Gray –  ABC’s new television series, Revenge, focuses on a powerful family, The Grayson’s.

Aria – This is the name of Lucy Hale‘s character on Pretty Little Liars

Cyrus — Miley Cyrus‘ fame and good looks definitely have some pull on this unisex name!

Estelle – The royal couple of Sweden named their daughter Estelle

Cato — Once again, The Hunger Games influence! The villain in the series should not matter thanks to the name’s uniqueness!

Blythe – The name could have potential and it’s identified with actress Blythe Danner, the mother of Gwyneth Paltrow.

HollyMoms, What do you think of the hot baby names?

– Giovanna Pagliarulo

More HollyBaby News:

1. Katherine Heigl Says Her Adopted Daughter Naleigh Rejected Her
  2. Beyonce Shows Off Her Sexy Post-Baby Bikini Body
  3. Mother Finds 3 Dead Bodies At Her Toddler’s Daycare

baby jogger double stroller review

Posted at 5:50 AM on June 3, 2012

I just couldn’t depart your site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard information a person supply on your guests? Is gonna be again steadily in order to inspect new posts

Laptops Bob Beckel

Posted at 11:05 PM on May 25, 2012

Amazing things here. I’m very happy to look your post. Thank you a lot and I’m taking a look ahead to touch you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

Medela Breast Pumps

Posted at 6:35 AM on May 19, 2012

of course like your web-site but you have to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very bothersome to tell the reality then again I will surely come back again.

cuisinart toaster

Posted at 9:32 PM on May 15, 2012

Hi, i feel that i saw you visited my blog thus i got here to return the desire?.I’m trying to find things to improve my web site!I guess its good enough to make use of some of your ideas!!

live sex hotel

Posted at 8:09 PM on May 15, 2012

You actually make it seem so easy together with your presentation however I find this topic to be actually one thing which I feel I would never understand. It sort of feels too complex and extremely wide for me. I’m having a look forward for your subsequent publish, I will attempt to get the grasp of it!

SFI Rated

Posted at 1:44 PM on May 15, 2012

Thanks for the good writeup. It in fact used to be a amusement account it. Look complex to more brought agreeable from you! By the way, how can we be in contact?

windows 8 beta release date

Posted at 11:37 PM on May 14, 2012

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I’m hoping to present something again and help others such as you aided me.

Carter Alicia

Posted at 3:13 PM on May 4, 2012

I’m preggy!! I totally have a girl!! My test was like a couple days ago!! I’m SO excited! Even though my boyfriend has other babies with other girls, I’m glad that he’s the daddy of my baby. Does anybody have any cute baby girl names for my daughter? First and middle names! Thanks! Oh, and these are some names that I like: Estelle, Ivy, Carter (My Favorite!!), Diamond, Kris!! Thanks!! :D

Ariella

Posted at 1:07 AM on April 28, 2012

Hmmmmm…………….. I like Americus Honor the best!! If my hubby doesn’t agree, then I like Americus Lynn. Thanks Arielle!:) sorry I mean Ariella

Jazzie

Posted at 8:49 PM on April 26, 2012

Rosemé is finally here!!! She was born today at 5:30pm!! She’s so beautiful, and her name ( thnx to Ashlynn) fits her pretty self so well!! I never thought that I could love a person so much, till I had my daughter!!! My friend Paris, has also been a big help!! She let me stay at her grandmother Katherine’s house, until I can get a job and find an apartment! Thanks Par and Katherine!!

Ariella

Posted at 8:41 PM on April 26, 2012

I watched Where The Heart Is today, and that really made me wanna name my baby Americus!! I don’t know what gender the baby is now, but I’ll find out in a couple months!! If it’s a girl, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to name her Americus! I just think it is a very strong and beautiful name. Can somebody think of middle names for Americus?

Jazzie

Posted at 1:02 PM on April 24, 2012

OMG!!!! Girl, you are driving me nuts the way you can mix names so great!!! Yes of course I love Jasabelle!! Rosemé Jasabelle!! That’s such a beautiful name!!! I don’t know how to thank you!!! You named my daughter!! Hahaha, thanks SOOOOOOOOOO much Ashlynn!!!!! :):):):):):):):):)

Ashlynn

Posted at 12:57 PM on April 24, 2012

You’re welcome!! So, I put together the names you liked, and so do you like Jasabelle? (Jazz-Uh-Belle) I like it because it sounds like your name in the beginning!!

Jazzie

Posted at 12:52 PM on April 24, 2012

Thanks Ashlynn!! I LOVE it!!! I’m totally gonna name my daughter Rosemé!! Now, can you think of any middle names for Rosemé? Maybe like mix Isabella with like Leah or I know that Jasper is the bros name but I like it for a girl. Maybe try and mix Isabella Leah and Jasper together and tell me what you came up with!! Thanks!!

Ashlynn

Posted at 12:46 PM on April 24, 2012

Hi Jazzie!! I came up with a mixture of those two names, and what about Rosemé? (Rose-May) I think it’s pretty, but if you don’t like it, I can try to think of something else.

Jazzie

Posted at 12:53 AM on April 24, 2012

I’m 16, and I’m prego! I made mistakes and i can’t fix them! I’m not ever gonna have an abortion, because that would make me a murder, and I would be killing my own child! NEVA EVA!! I’m keeping my baby, and no matter what, me and “daddy” are gonna do whatever it takes to raise our daughter, the right way. But anyway, so like I need some names from the movie twilight, cuz I am a fan of it. Please don’t mention Renesmee, because I will never torture my child naming her that! I like Rosalie, and Esme. Those are the top two twilight names! If anyone comes up with a mixture of those two names, please tell me!! Just tell me in your comment! Thanks!!

Arianna

Posted at 10:48 PM on April 23, 2012

Hi!! My cousin is expecting a little one, but not for awhile! She just found out like a week or so ago! But, she’s a very unique girl, and always has unique hairstyles. Can anybody come up with VERY unique names for her baby? Boys and girls names! Oh and if it helps, her name is Amanda, and the daddy’s name is Adam!! Thanks!!*>.<*

Kaylie

Posted at 1:28 PM on April 13, 2012

Everytime I hear the name Cyrus I think about the villain in that movie “ConAir”.

Aliska

Posted at 3:45 PM on April 12, 2012

Hi everybody!! Me and my boyfriend are having a baby due on July 23rd, and it’s a lil pretty baby girl. I wanted a boy, but that’s just how it goes!! But, I cannot wait to shop with her!! So, me and Zak,( my boyfriend) saw the hunger games the other day, and katniss’s little sisters name Primrose is so pretty!! And my bestie is named mason so we asked her if we could name out baby’s middle name after her. She said yes, so out little angel will be named PrimRose Masyn, cuz we don’t like mason with an o. We like it better with a y. PrimRose Masyn!!!!!**

Bruno

Posted at 12:38 PM on April 12, 2012

Super

Selena

Posted at 5:36 PM on April 11, 2012

I’m naming my daughter Aria.Love Lucy Hale! <3

Emanuelle

Posted at 3:57 PM on April 11, 2012

Concerteza, Cyrus (:

c

Posted at 1:39 PM on April 11, 2012

ick! awful!

Courtney

Posted at 9:03 PM on April 10, 2012

personally I Like Blythe best as I’ve always loved Blythe Danner and it also means happy. there’s certain names I wish were poopular again Joanne for one which is speccial to me because it’s a family name and also because of my favorite actress Joanne Woodward actually Adele is a family name in my family too. there have been alot worse names in hollywood Bronx comes to mind

Alexis

Posted at 5:10 PM on April 10, 2012

those are the stupidest names ever i like the names Bentley and Zendaya :)

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted at 7:30 PM on April 10, 2012

lol, the names you like are way worse than any name up there.

Pee

Posted at 5:40 AM on April 11, 2012

I hear ya ;-)

Kaylie

Posted at 1:29 PM on April 13, 2012

I’m gonna take it you are a 13-14 year old girl who loves Maci Bookout and the show “Shake it Up”.