'Bethenny Ever After' Recap: Julie Finally Says Goodbye To The Skinnygirl Team

Tue, April 10, 2012 12:01am EDT by 6 Comments

Julie is not just Bethenny’s assistant, she’s part of the family!

In the April 9 episode of Bethenny Ever After, Bethenny Frankel faces the harsh reality of losing her trusted assistant, Julie. In a heart-to-heart talk, Julie tells Bethenny that she is moving home to Pittsburg to be with her family and her boyfriend. “I’m burnt out a little bit. I just have not stopped since I came here,” says Julie. She even admits to being nervous to tell Bethenny how she feels! Luckily, Bethenny is very sweet and tells Julie that she, Jason and Bryn are there for her and just want her to be happy.

As Bryn’s godmother, Julie promises to come back often to see her favorite NYC family, but the gang is still in tears when the news breaks.

The episode continues on a lighter note when Bethenny announces a few fun plans. She will be taking her entire team on a trip to Mexico and they will all be modeling Bethenny’s new Skinnygirl shape wear line. First comes the sexy lingerie! The women look super hot in the form-flattering pieces and even shy Julie gets into the festive mood.

In the end, Bethenny has to confront her feeling about losing Julie as an assistant and as a friend on a day-to-day basis. It will be hard, but Bethenny knows that she can carry on. She will move her lower assistants up the career ladder faster than she had planned and she hopes they can handle in. In reality, probably no one will match up to Julie in Bethenny’s eyes. She’s set the bar so high! Julie admits that she likes that the younger girls have a chance to shine because she was given a chance to start her career at a young age. She advises the girls to work hard and even if they are freaking out on the inside, not to ever let Bethenny see them sweat.

Great advice, Julie! We all know you will be missed.

naepooh

Posted at 10:28 AM on April 17, 2012

i was wondering how much more Julie was going to take. I saw this coming a long time ago. Bethenny is a train wreck, and too demanding and is entirely too verbal. Julie is such a sweet young lady. I wondered how Julie lasted as long as she did. Stopped watching this show a while back, couldn’t stand Bethenny’s constant complaining and her me, me, me attitude!! Poor Jason, I feel for him.

Obvious?

Posted at 10:39 AM on April 11, 2012

Hate stating the obvious, but Julie probably couldn’t take Bethenny anymore.
Her constant woe is me and complaining. Insanity all the time.
I quit watching… I couldn’t take her.

lolanyc

Posted at 1:16 PM on April 10, 2012

I think shes NUTZ leaving a gig like that! Esp when Bethany is getting her own talk show in LA. To leave a job for a man is never a good idea. Bethany is nice enough to prob rehire her one day if needed. But damn…. Id love that job!

Clair Luz

Posted at 9:33 PM on May 27, 2012

I have to agree. She has to be crazy for giving up a chance like this. She should put the boyfriend on the back burner, stay and start working on her own brand. I bet Bethenny would help her.
Go to a life coach, get over your shyness, get a piece of the pie!!!

bdog

Posted at 9:34 AM on April 10, 2012

It’s Pittsburgh NOT Pittsburg.

Chris

Posted at 12:14 AM on April 10, 2012

That scene was so painful, Julie has all the right in the world to be happy and do what is best for her but that is going to be such a great lost for team Bethenny. Julie, you are excellent and Bethenny gave you the respect that you deserved. It was nice to see that beyond being an assistant, she considered you her friend and part of her family.