Alicia Silverstone Defends Feeding Her Son Mouth-To-Mouth

Tue, April 10, 2012 5:17pm EDT by 6 Comments
Alicia Silverstone Baby

The actress finally spoke out about chewing her toddler’s food — find out what she had to say!

Alicia Silverstone stands by pre-chewing food for her son Bear Blu, 11 months. The reason? It makes her laugh, The Daily Mail reports. The actress defended her mouth-to-mouth feeding on April 7 at the Brooklyn Academy of Art and Music in New York after she was questioned about the situation.

“People have been feeding their kids that way for thousands for years,” the 35-year-old mother contends. “It’s a weaning process. Honestly, when I posted the video I was not thinking, so maybe I was like Cher!”

Alicia also accepts that it could be dangerous and unhealthy!  “Any time there’s mouth-to-mouth contact between a mother and their baby it’s going to pass bacteria and possibly viruses,” Dr. Aaron M. Soeprono, DDS at Meridian Denta, told HollywoodLife exclusively. “I would advise against it.”

Alicia adds: “I wasn’t saying this was anything somebody should do. I wasn’t trying to be independent or cause such a ruckus. I’m very glad that I did it.”

The media firestorm didn’t faze Alicia, but it should!

HollyMoms, do YOU think Alicia Silverstone’s mouth-to-mouth feeding method is acceptable?
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

–Giovanna Pagliarulo

More Alicia Silverstone News:

1. Jimmy Kimmel Mocks Alicia Silverstone’s Mouth-Feeding Method — Video
  2. Alicia Silverstone Nurses Bear Blu While Walking — See Pics
  3. Alicia Silverstone Chewing Her Son’s Food Is Dangerous & Unhealthy, Experts Say

c

Posted at 1:41 PM on April 11, 2012

i don’t think its a big deal at allllll

zhoniu

Posted at 8:16 AM on April 15, 2012

Agree with you. Rather its more adorable and cute.
I wrote something about it on my art blog, do read.

Ivy

Posted at 9:19 AM on April 11, 2012

I think she is just doing anything to stay in the limelight. No matter what they say, it is important for her just to be in the centre of attention.

sulesa cullen

Posted at 9:57 PM on April 10, 2012

why are people making a big deal about this, there is nothing wrong with feeding your baby mouth to mouth, my mother did the same thing to me, its the most natural way to feed a child, and if you dont like it, dont look at it simple as that.

Alanna

Posted at 8:00 PM on April 10, 2012

It’s not like she has strangers feeding her kid that way. She’s the momma. Sharing a can of soda with anyone is just a gross if not more because you really don’t know where your friend’s mouth has been…ewwwwwww!!!

Alicia is Gross (keep it privite)

Posted at 10:18 AM on April 11, 2012

That’s dumb. Your friend hasn’t taken the whole can of soda, swished it in her/his mouth, and poured it into yours. Sharing a coke can with someone and having chewed up food dumped in your mouth is a heck of alot different! Nasty!