Prosecutor: Trayvon Martin Case Will Not Go To Grand Jury

Mon, April 9, 2012 12:36pm EDT by 4 Comments
Trayvon Martin jury

In a shocking turn in the Trayvon Martin investigation, a special prosecutor appointed in the case has decided not to send it to a grand jury, her office said April 9.

“The decision should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case,” Florida State Attorney Angela Corey‘s office said in a statement.

A grand jury was set to convene on April 10 in the case of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, who was fatally shot in February by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Sanford, Florida. The jury was previously scheduled by the former prosecutor.

Corey said she has not used grand jury’s in cases like this, adding that from the time she was appointed she said she may not need a grand jury.

The decision about whether or not to charge Zimmerman in the case now rests with prosecutors.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Should George Zimmerman be charged for fatally shooting Trayvon Martin?

– Kaydi Poirier

More Trayvon Martin

  1. Geraldo Rivera Finally Apologizes For Slamming Trayvon Martin
  2. Trayvon Martin’s Mom Says His Death Is Not About Race
  3. Chris Brown Honors Memory Of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin