Miley Cyrus Blasts Fans: I'm Not Anorexic

Mon, April 9, 2012 9:38am EDT by 18 Comments
Miley Cyrus anorexic

Miley has been looking very skinny recently but she took to Twitter on April 8 to tell fans that she actually has a food allergy that’s making her lose weight — read on to find out what it is!

Miley Cyrus admits she’s lost weight but the international superstar is upset that fans think she has an eating disorder. The 19-year-old posted a message to her fans about her health.

“For everyone calling me anorexic I have a gluten and lactose allergy,” she tweeted. “It’s not about weight it’s about health. Gluten is crapppp anyway!”

Miley has been going to Pilates quite a bit recently and fans thought she was working out too much. But now that she’s addressed the issue, we just hope she’s okay!

All has been going pretty well for Miley with the exception of flashing photographers the other day! She was wearing a skirt with no underwear — oh no Miley!

— Chloe Melas

More Miley Cyrus news:

1. Kids’ Choice Awards 2011 Best Dressed: Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus & More
  2. Miley Cyrus Tells Fans How They Can Be Happy — Amazing Advice
  3. ‘Punk’d’ Premiere Recap: Miley Cyrus Flips Out At Justin Bieber

jennifer age 13

Posted at 9:25 AM on May 4, 2012

i love miley

von

Posted at 9:29 PM on April 28, 2012

i wish i had her body!!!!!!!!!!

Caitlin

Posted at 8:11 PM on April 21, 2012

She doesn’t look anorexic! I think she looks fabulous, but I am getting sick of celebrities claiming allergies/fast metabolism/etc. as a reason for their weight loss. Didn’t she recently hire a trainer to help her lose 15 lbs. fast?

hiba

Posted at 11:35 AM on April 20, 2012

if you want to see what anorexia looks like, remember those photos of nicole richie a few years back… and there are worse cases on women who are not even famous. miley doesn’t look anorexic, she looks fit. just because someone loses weight doesn’t mean she is starving herself or has a disorder. and to the girl who said a food allergy doesn’t make you lose weight? ok, what foods can you name that doesn’t contain gluten? its pretty difficult to avoid, so cutting back on food does equal weight loss.

Nikki

Posted at 3:03 PM on April 13, 2012

She looks good, if thats anorexic then thats what i want to be. She looks like she just came from workin out, i wish i had the time for that. If i could look half as good as her then i would be a lucky girl. Her life is not for us to judge. The food allergy thing is understandable lots of people have it. Way to go Miley, you look great!

kitty

Posted at 9:23 PM on April 9, 2012

she looks anorexic not ganna lie. she needa chill on workin out then cuz she dnt look good that skinny. just sayin

emily

Posted at 1:17 AM on April 14, 2012

If anyone thinks that this is what someone with anorexia looks like, you should look at the photos of some people that really have the disorder. You would be surprised at the number of students at my high school who DO NOT have the disorder and look thinner than Miley in this photo.
Most of the professional models in the world would be told to lose weight if they looked like this. She doesn’t even have a thigh gap!
Good in her for getting out there and staying in shape! Wake up, get off your fat arse and stop obsessing over how others choose to live their lives. If you want to look like this, do something about it.

I am not directing this at everybody. Only those few narrow minded people that can’t see past the tabloids or are too bitter to be happy for someone that is making an effort to feel good about herself.

loking good miley

Posted at 6:06 PM on April 9, 2012

If this is what anorexics look like, then I’m down. All jokes aside though, She looks healthy and happy. Shes lost some weight most definitely, but she was quite curvy before. She looks good either way, but just because someone gets fit, does not mean they have an eating disorder or over exercise. Plus we all need to keep in mind her age. When I was around 18/19 I lost the roundness to my face and a little extra off my body structure, simply due to my changing from a teenager to a women. So we I also started working out, I got criticized from outsiders as being anorexic. But boy does my family know how much I like to eat! So I feel for her and those critisms. Being called “too skinny” hurts just as much as someone saying you weigh too much. Shes blossoming beautifully into a young women, and it looks like she is getting into keeping her body in shape. Thats a great decision! And cutting out Gluten and Dairy, is also a good thing too. Lots of stuff our there you don’t need in your body!!

Good for you Miley. It’s your body, and no matter what it looks like, people are going to hate. So let them hate on your healthy new workouts and eating habits!

Ally

Posted at 4:08 PM on April 9, 2012

You don’t just all of sudden develop a food allergy and a food allergy dosn’t make you lose weight. A food allergy dosn’t make you workout like a maniac all the time. You can be healthy and not be a stick. Miley used to exercise and dance a lot and she was never this skinny, she looks like she is getting skinnier by the week. I like the old curvy Miley that was confident in her body and herself. She was skinny but not too skinny she had curves and she looked like she actually ate food unlike some of these other celebrities but now she is just a plain boring skinny stick that has to flash her stash to get attention.

JJ

Posted at 4:45 PM on April 9, 2012

You can have a food allergy and not even know it. ILots of people are allergic to dairy but don’t even know it because it does not tend to have the stereotypical bodily reactions. Same with gluten. I am 23 , and I just found out a month ago I was allergic to both. As soon as I dropped them from my diet, I rapidly lost weight liker her as well. But I am now the healthiest I have ever been.

blaize

Posted at 1:22 PM on April 10, 2012

Actually, you CAN suddenly develop an allergy to anything- whether it’s food, bee stings, cats, or something else. It happens all the time. You can also be allergic to something as a child but no longer be allergic to it as a teen or an adult. It works both ways. My mom used to be mildly allergic to chocolate as a child, but built up an immunity to it. If a person stops eating food with lactose and gluten in it, they will lose weight.

gbtw

Posted at 1:38 PM on April 9, 2012

she looks great. i never felt like she really took care of her body before (not many teens do, b/c they can get away with eating sh!t and still look good). it was time for her to start, and she looks good. she is not too thin. as for the gluten thing- tho i do think a gluten free diet can be much healthier, i’m not really buying this whole gluten allergy trend. i know someone who has celiac’s disease (?), and for her, this is real and she has to avoid gluten at all costs… however, everyone and their brother says they have gluten allergies now, and i don’t really believe it. i think it’s probably bad for you, but i’m still a skeptic of the allergy claims. that said, i still think she looks great, and simply like she has started to take care of her body… this is a good thing.

stan

Posted at 1:12 PM on April 9, 2012

What I don’t get is she’ll respond to the anorexic comment but ignores the no underwear comment. A little hint Miley, Guy actually like seeing a girls underwear show through their outfits, more that a naked crotch shot. Any guy who perfers the naked crotch shot is generally perverted. Any woman who would critize you for having a panty line is a hypocrite and probally jealous. Listen Miley, people generally like you, but wear sports bras when you wear loose shirts, and wear underwear when you go out. There are only 2 possible reasons I can think of why a woman wouldn’t wear underwear. One she has shaved too close or she has a rash or infection. In either case get some medication, and either stay at home or wear a long skirt or longer dress to coverup so you don’t expose yourself. Besides there are plenty of kind of underwear that are comfortable and hide panty lines. I’m sure Liam and everyone else would appreaciate it too.

c

Posted at 11:54 AM on April 9, 2012

she’s not anorexic looking yet.. we’ll see though

jj

Posted at 11:08 AM on April 9, 2012

I’m not that suprised. Many people are allergic to dairy products and they don’t even know it. I know when I became gluten and dairy foods, I dropped weight liker her as well.

Rio

Posted at 10:48 AM on April 9, 2012

oh please, she KNOWS she’s skinnier than ever and steps out looking LIKE THAT, it’s so obvious she’s desperate for attention, she claims she hates the paparazzi and people thinking she’s anorexic but everything she does, she does it to fuel them.

gbtw

Posted at 1:41 PM on April 9, 2012

actually, anorexic people hide their figures b/c they always think they look bad/fat, so i’m not sure what you’re talking about. she is taking care of her body, and why should she have to put on huge bulky hot sweat clothes to cover all up after her workouts? ridiculous.

Ayah

Posted at 10:22 AM on April 9, 2012

Miley is actually at a better weight for her own good. AT least she admits it. I love her.