Lisa Lampanelli Will Win 'Celebrity Apprentice' This Season

Mon, April 9, 2012 5:51pm EDT by 110 Comments

Love her or hate her, Lisa has demonstrated she has exactly what it takes to avoid the Donald’s wrath.

I’m not a gambling man, but if I was, I’d put all my money on Lisa Lampanelli. I’ve had my doubts about her this season on Celebrity Apprentice — I certainly won’t defend her calling Dayana Mendoza a s**c during a recent radio interview — but after watching her square off against Lou Ferrigno on the April 8 episode, I’m fully convinced she won’t be hearing “You’re fired.”

Much like Donald Trump himself, Lisa doesn’t take anyone’s crap, and that’s largely what has kept her in the game this long. She’s the polar opposite of Cheryl Tiegs, who basically chose to leave the show after the first week because of her opposition to confrontation. But more importantly, Lisa plays fair. As much as she criticized Dayana on the April 1 episode, she recognized Dayana’s hard work as project manager this week. In fact, she even defended Dayana to the Donald in the boardroom!

Besides, look at her competition: Clay Aiken? Arsenio Hall? Paul Teutul? Those guys are good for a laugh, but they haven’t been carrying their weight in recent weeks, and as more celebrities are sent home, their weaknesses are becoming clear. And while Penn Jillette is obviously very smart, I feel like he’s gone half the time doing shows and should probably be dismissed by default.

For one reason or another, Lisa’s real threats are the remaining ladies of the competition: Teresa Giudice, Aubrey O’Day and Dayana. Some are smart, others merely manipulative, but all are worthy adversaries.

Again, I won’t defend the personal remarks Lisa has made against her fellow apprentices, but as far the game is concerned, I think she’s got it in the bag.

— Andy Swift

Terri

Posted at 10:04 PM on April 9, 2012

Why all the hate for Lisa? She’s the only reason to watch.

Jess

Posted at 9:57 PM on April 9, 2012

A fat hog? Are they allowing 5 year olds to comment on here, or just ignorant individuals. Use your words, stop spewing venom. You are no better than Ms. Lampanelli spewing vile things. I can’t see her winning, but she has made a dull show more interesting. But you know how the show works, don’t u?? Big mouths stay, sweet Tieges and, Andretti went quickly. It’s a TV show people.

Jess

Gavin

Posted at 9:52 PM on April 9, 2012

It will be Clay and Lisa. Clay will win.

Gavin

Melissa

Posted at 9:51 PM on April 9, 2012

Why is everyone so shocked about Lisa Lampanelli? Don’t you know her “act”. There’s a reason she’s on the show. Wake up viewers.

Melissa

Holmes

Posted at 10:13 PM on April 9, 2012

I don’t think the people commenting here are shocked…they just don’t like Lisa. When you are on stage(radio too), you are doing an act…thats OK. When you look a person in the face and insult them, it is personal.

Thank goodness I do not know anyone who talks that way to other people personally.

As to who is doing the job on Celebrity Apprentice, I do believe the more quiet people are getting more work done than the loud ones. They are playing the game as a team and are there for their charity, not to be the center of attention. So…Lisa might get more face-time on TV, but that does not mean she is doing a good job on the tasks she is doing. If she sat down and worked and stopped telling and making fun of the others she might get a lot done.

Mary

Posted at 9:49 PM on April 9, 2012

It’s all for show people. Wake up. The ones who cause the most ruckus, stay on. It’s all about ratings (which there aren’t any). They know exactly what they are doing. They got everyone talking.

Mary

David

Posted at 9:46 PM on April 9, 2012

Lisa keeps the show alive. She’ll be around a little more. Otherwise, no one will watch.

David

Allisanna

Posted at 9:21 PM on April 9, 2012

I will be thrilled when Lisa finally gets fired. I’ve had more than enough of her. I think you’re seriously underestimating some of the men especially Clay. I had my doubts about him earlier in the season, but now I think he has a strong change to win it all.

Maddy

Posted at 9:21 PM on April 9, 2012

Lisa win this . What friggin planet are you from? She is the most vile person I have ever seen on this show. Donald did get even with her for her roast of him . Her career is shot after doing this show. Everyone sees what a disgusting mean person she is . I won’t call her a woman as to be a woman you hold respect which she does not.

Lisa L is a hefer

Posted at 8:58 PM on April 9, 2012

Lisa L is a jealous, physically disguisting, angry fat hog. I really hope she see’s my post because she is definitely just jealous that Dayana has the body she could only dream of. She is obviously just disgusted with her body image, which she should be, which makes her a moody slob. As if she didn’t have any fans before, she probably is going to have a mere six after this show, two including her obese parents.

June

Posted at 8:38 PM on April 9, 2012

huh? Lisa win? She with the loud crude crass mouth and “creative” ideas that don’t win any of her team’s tasks? Unsure what show you are watching but it’s not the Celebrity Apprentice, I’m watching. You know, there’s a way to be angry and yell, etc., but Lisa’s constant stream of “bleeped” words is just getting tiresome. I’m so tired of her and wish she would just go away.

The men’s team has been working together to win although there have been some tensions — they still manage to accomplish what is necessary.

Wendy

Posted at 8:35 PM on April 9, 2012

Lisa L is FAIR?. She was just nice to Dayana because she was the project manager and nobody on that team was going to have her back if Dayana brought her to the boardroom.

Clearly, Lisa L is a bitter, angry fat woman who is either going through menopause or hasn’t gotten laid in centuries.

The only funny thing about her is that we all still think she’s a woman.

Steven Warren

Posted at 8:21 PM on April 9, 2012

I have met Lisa Lampanelli on many occassion in both San Francisco and New York, myself as a newbie comic found her to be a wonderful yet no bulls??t taking professional. When I heard she was going to be on Celebrity Apprentice I knew she would be one fierce competitor.

I do wish Lisa would see herself interact with others such as Arsenio and Penn, her quick draw and immediate reactions to the disputes could be her downfall. It is clear that the Trumps are utilizing her explosions to bring in ratings on this show. I think that the Trumps could do more to coach and give better mixing of the teams.

I as a handicap person did not think calling names was cool, then critisizing Arsenio was cool, but she was angered over the way the termiantion went.

Certainly, Lou was a weak player and Dee never should have been fired, but when you think of it, this is a reality show and in life and reality sometimes the innocent get the Sh?t end of the stick and that was the case in many of the firings.

As for Aubrey, I think she is a total attention monger and should been fired (she looks like a poor rendition of a Hooter’s Waitress, maybe a bus person) and Penn is riding on thin ice since he is always leaving on prior commitments, He must have figured he would have been fired by now, so he made other committments. Penn YOU NEED TO BE FIRED!!!!

Congrat’s Lisa, hope you continue to kick but and win already.

Steven Warren

Posted at 8:24 PM on April 9, 2012

Meant to say her reaction to Arsenio using words like Wh??e and b??ch was not cool. Lisa, be cool and remain calm no matter how ignorent some people anger you.

cindylu

Posted at 8:19 PM on April 9, 2012

Mr. Swift, well you.are.not.too.swift.
Seriously you can’t be watching the same program that I am.

Katie E

Posted at 7:53 PM on April 9, 2012

You really crack me up. You must have written this to get us to respond. You could NOT be serious!

Clay Aiken…Arsenio Hall…Paul Teutul have all won 7 out of 9 tasks because they buckle down and work and don’t spend half the time degrading the other contestants.

Lisa does do work, but her creativity must be lacking as her ideas always make the team lose.

OK…..joke is over…why not write what you really feel!

Darryl

Posted at 7:40 PM on April 9, 2012

Lou Should have dropped the gloves and kicked the shit out of her. She is to ugly to be considered a woman. She probably has a cock!

Fred Flintridge

Posted at 7:25 PM on April 9, 2012

The reviewer and I are seeing two different shows. There is no way that Lisa will win this show. She is a legend in her own mind. If she is so talented, why does she lose almost every episode. She might work hard, but she is certainly messing up the ideas. She is also so screwed up mentally that she is so over the top emotionally.

If I had to vote, I would vote for Arsenio and Clay. It seems they step up and get the word done. They support their team and don’t feel the need to act like idiots ie: Penn, Lisa, Aubrey.

Andy…you need to think this through!

Darryl

Posted at 7:24 PM on April 9, 2012

I hope Lisa dosn’t win She’s a fucking cunt !

Steve

Posted at 7:15 PM on April 9, 2012

Lampenelli has committed career suicide on this show. Seeing her true colors and what an awful person she is, has made me lose all respect for her. I will never watch her comedy bits on TV nor would I ever see her live. She might be the most vile person ever to appear on Celebrity Apprentice. What a disappointment she turned out to be,

Steven Warren

Posted at 8:30 PM on April 9, 2012

Annonomous “Steve” Lisa is a very good person, she just does not take crap from anyone. Her manner is the difference between intelligence versus ingnorance. She has been Grammy nominated and is one of the top 5 female comics working today. I maybe bias since I have met her in NYC and SFO and trust me she is not a wimp, she is in fact a very giving and nice woman, she just cannot stand slackers or weak people who think they are entitled in life. You have to work for what you want out of life and people like Victoria, Cheryl, Lou and the others who have skated by are weak and deserved to be canned.

Sherri

Posted at 8:42 PM on April 9, 2012

Lisa maybe WAS top 5 but now she is nothing. A Grammy for comedy is worth nothing, even if she had one, which she doesn’t.

Lisa should have stayed home. Going on this show was a career killing idea. Trump sure got his revenge on her and she was too stupid to see it coming.

Tammy

Posted at 2:15 AM on April 10, 2012

Steve,
You are bias, because you can treat peolpe with respect, not call them idiots and losers, if you think it is ok to degrade people in that manner because of who she is because she is entitlted, well that is wrong.A good person does say mean and hateful things to make another person feel bad.

Tonetare

Posted at 7:04 PM on April 9, 2012

Honestly, the author of this article is a moron. How can anyone sit here and praise a hypocritical, self-centered, lying, miserable, vicious, hideous hag like Lisa Fatanelli. She and Aubrey need to go. And by the way, ARSENIO HALL DID SUPPORT HIS WEIGHT BY WINNING LAST WEEK WHILE LISA LOST LAST WEEK AND THIS WEEK, SO GET YOUR FRIGGIN FACTS STRAIGHT. AND ARSENIO WAS ALSO PRAISED DESPITE O’DAY STEAMROLLING OVER HIS PM EFFORTS. DON’T MAKE ARTICLES IF YOU CAN’T CALL THE SHOW CORRECTLY!

lulu

Posted at 6:49 PM on April 9, 2012

Lisa…look at her track record. Her team has lost 7 of the 9 tasks. Not good at all. And she is unable & unwilling to get along with others.

DaisyHurts

Posted at 6:35 PM on April 9, 2012

Lisa keeps declaring herself the smartest, most creative, and hardest working person there, but I have seen no evidence that any of those claims are true. All of her ideas are stolen from ad campaigns for other products, and no matter who works with her, she seems to sink her team, losing seven out of nine challenges. And it IS her fault. She destroys team morale by viciously insulting all around her and refuses to let any ideas be used but her own crappy stolen ones.

Win this thing? It’s astonishing she’s hung around THIS long.

kitwild

Posted at 6:35 PM on April 9, 2012

I think Lisa has created so much dislike for her among viewers that there’s no way Trump will anoint her the Celeb Apprentice. You’re short-changing Clay Aiken when you claim he isn’t carrying his weight. I think he’s the outstanding contestant this year, doing a great job on every task, and (for the most part) keeping his cool as he does so (unlike your heroine, Lisa), and totally supporting his PM. You’re watching a show none of us are seeing. Take your blinders off and see what an obnoxious woman Lisa is presenting herself as (although Clay says she’s actually a very nice person. Huh?)

Saucy

Posted at 6:25 PM on April 9, 2012

I agree SKAe and that goes for Lisa and Aubrey both. Being a loud mouth does not a scholar make.

SKae

Posted at 6:21 PM on April 9, 2012

Andy – For someone who writes for an entertainment column, you sure don’t have many brain functioning cells (I got permission to use that from Lisa Lampanelli). iven that the show films a good 20 hours per task/boardroom sequence, 3 tasks a week and only about 60 minutes of each task is shown, what makes you think that others are not carrying their weight on the tasks?

Could it be that the producers want to only show Lisa Loudmouth for the drama? There is no way in hell she is as good as she say/thinks she is. If so, why is she always on the LOSING team?

Based previous shows, I will bet that the LOUDMOUTH is not the winner this time, as was Joan Rivers and Piers Morgan.

I think the Donald and his offspring are getting truly put off by the boisterous ones. Just my opinion – the same that you have yours.

Connie

Posted at 6:21 PM on April 9, 2012

I think she is a loud mouth bully, I fthink she has made the other players very dishearted and everyone is ready for the show to end.. I know that I am ready for her disrespectful, foul mouth to go so I can enjoy the rest of the show. I don’t know her and surely don’t like her… Bully