Ex '16 & Pregnant' Star Ebony Jackson-Rendon Pregnant Again

Mon, April 9, 2012 8:22am EST by 27 Comments
Ebony Jackson-Rendon Pregnant

Less than six months after Child Protective Services took away their two-year-old daughter, Ebony and her husband Joshua Rendon announce they are expecting their second child.

Joshua Rendon told TMZ that though the pregnancy was unexpected, the couple is “extremely excited for the baby.” He says Ebony Jackson-Rendon is 10 weeks pregnant.

Ebony and Josh were arrested in September after the Department of Human Services raided their Jacksonville, Arkansas home and found feces, flies and maggots covering the premises.

Police also found marijuana and drug paraphernalia at their home, and subsequently arrested the couple — charging them with endangering the welfare of a minor possession of drug paraphernalia, maintaining a drug premise and unauthorized use of another’s property to facilitate a crime.

TMZ reports DHS still has custody of Ebony and Joshua’s daughter Jocelyn, 2, with the couple seeing her only during supervised visits. Their case is still pending.

Ebony entered rehab in November to get psychological help for having suicidal thoughts and self-harming with marijuana.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Will Ebony and Josh get their lives on track for baby number two?

– Kaydi Poirier

More ’16 & Pregnant’

1. ’16 & Pregnant’ Preview: Meet Pregnant Cage Fighter Lindsey Harrison
  2. ’16 & Pregnant’ Bonus Clip: Baby Nova Joins Briana On Her First Driving Lesson
  3. ’16 & Pregnant’ Recap: Briana’s Baby Daddy Storms Out Of The Hospital After A Bitter Argument

RebeccaRodriguez

Posted at 9:13 PM on November 25, 2013

Why is she so dark

Nene

Posted at 2:07 PM on January 20, 2013

It’s his baby they did a dna test. Josh’s mom thought the samething since the little girl is so dark but it’s his baby. You never know what God will give you when it comes to genes. Especially when you got different races mixing up. It’ funny the little girl is so dark because Ebony is not fully black herself. Do anyone remember the African couple in Europe who had the white baby? Genetics is amazing.

Steve

Posted at 5:30 PM on July 8, 2012

Interracial can have kids darker or lighter. Look at “The Young and the Restless” black soap actress Victoria Rowell’s daughter, white as can be. Put it in search engine and see image results. It’s like a litter of cats when parents… One black, other white, a litter will have black, white, and mixed all in same batch.

Chelle

Posted at 5:17 PM on July 8, 2012

the daughter doesn’t look like she belongs to this guy. hell…. she is DARKER than even the mother! WTF!

Nene

Posted at 8:41 PM on October 25, 2012

Yes but she is his daughter they had a dna test done because Josh mom thought the little wasn’t his because she is so dark but the dna said he is 99.9999% the dad. Biracial babies can come out from the darkest of colors to the lightest of colors eyes and hair included.

Megan

Posted at 5:53 AM on June 8, 2012

Don’t judge so harshly!! I’m actually happy for them. I was so wanting these 2 to make it (My husband is also Air Force) and couldn’t understand how this could happen to the only happy couple it seems on 16 and Pregnant. Turns out what happened was the aftermath of loosing their actual 2nd baby after a premature birth. It’s horrible but of all reasons to go off the deep end, that’s just about the worst. I’m happy they are putting their life back together and it hasn’t split the family for good!

baby

Posted at 8:37 AM on May 10, 2012

I like the valuable information you supply to your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and take a look at again here regularly. I am moderately sure I’ll learn many new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the following!

Tabbie

Posted at 5:16 PM on May 6, 2012

DHS will take this baby from them since there first is still in DHS’s custody…. I feel bad for the children not the parents. The CHILDREN are the ones to suffer for the parents bad choices…. GROW UP

Snoodle

Posted at 1:49 AM on April 25, 2012

Lordy. It doesn’t sound like this is what the family needs right now. But then, in her follow-up episode, MTV asked Ebony what kind of birth control they were using and Ebony looked at the camera like it was a crazy thing to ask. “We don’t use birth control — we’re married!” So I can’t be surprised that natural consequences followed.

Poor Jocelyn. I hope that Ebony recovers and they’re able to get back on track. As others have noted, this was practically the only couple that seemed to have a chance of making it, and now it’s come to this.

Nene

Posted at 8:42 PM on October 25, 2012

That goes to show wait until your mature enough to have a baby.

Nene

Posted at 3:35 PM on January 20, 2013

I agree. I think she rushing things. She needs to slow down take care of the two they got and don’t have anymore kids for a long time to come.

TinkRbell

Posted at 7:16 PM on April 22, 2012

I am & not surprised to hear this! I am surprised because the Air Force provided them such a GREAT life to provide for themselves & their daughter! They did not have half the worries that most teen parents have! on the flip side I am not surprised because of their ages. I think she went through post partum while at the same time dealing being away from all their families that typically would provide help to such a young mom! she was on HER OWN! when she herself needed some guidance. her depression CLEARLY manifested & her husband did NOTHING to acknowledge where the help was needed! then again if he was also engaging in drugs too, then he wouldn’t be able to tell…probably too young & inexperienced anyway to even know signs of depression! I hope they get the help & support they need to be better parent’s be declared fit again so their kids can have their parent’s. its sad though because that cushy life they had is down the toilet! good luck coping with marriage making min. wage crap insurance if any at all …its rough…really rough out there!

Kimmy

Posted at 5:25 PM on April 10, 2012

Am I the only person who read in this article that she has sought out help? Or that she has mental disorder? There are no excuses for the way they were living, but who are we to say they should never get their child back, or lose their baby once it’s born? I hope they get the help they need so that this baby can be back with her parents where she belongs.

Michelle

Posted at 8:43 PM on April 9, 2012

Social services should take that baby away, and monitor mom for drug/alcohol use during her pregnancy. They are terrible unfit parents!

tam

Posted at 7:18 PM on April 9, 2012

what a joke… that baby will be taken away in no time.. how did they not learn their lesson already after 2 of their children were already taken away.. wow talk abou trailer trash

sarah

Posted at 11:59 PM on April 10, 2012

And you clearly are ignorant. She’s gotten help. Obviously you don’t know anything about what u speak. Do u know her? Then stfu!

kari

Posted at 2:32 PM on May 18, 2012

tam was only expressing her OPINION like everyone else does. you don’t need to chastise her for expressing her opinion. The only ignorant one here is you sarah.

alana

Posted at 2:39 PM on April 9, 2012

He was discharged. Military doesn’t stand for this stuff. I hope child services takes this kid from them. She needs to be tied and he needs to be cut. They are clearly not able to take care of children.

Allie

Posted at 6:26 PM on April 9, 2012

This whole thing is disgusting, I went to school with Ebony and Josh and they did not seem like the type of people that would do anything like this. I thought they would be great parents. Ebony was always sweet and very into ROTC and now they ended like this. I guess fame really does get to you are cause issues wow. I HOPE THEY PULL THIER HEADS OUT OF THEIR BUTTS AND GET IT TOGETHER, last year around this time Ebony was expecting then but she ended up losing the baby so I can feel for her about that because I too was pregnant at the same time and lost my baby in June I was 3 months along but I would not allow myself to do anything like they do. Ebony please get it together

tam

Posted at 7:19 PM on April 9, 2012

so clearly both of them have never heard of birth control.. lol

cori

Posted at 1:49 PM on April 11, 2012

Has anyone ever heard of post partum depression? It is a real serious disorder, and while I don’t know the whole situation, it seems as if maybe she was dealing with that. Should she have sought help sooner, absolutely. But recently there have moms who suffered so severely that they killed their children, and I’m talking about grown women in stable environments. After I had my son I was told to make an appointment two after giving birth, and it was for a mental health screening. I had a questionnaire I had to fill out, and basically the purpose of the appointment was to make sure I wasn’t showing signs of post partum. Obviously this is a horrible situation, but when you have a mental illness you are sometimes incapable of making good decisions, especially being so young. I wonder why her husband did not step in, or anyone for that matter to try to get ebony help before the situation got this bad

Dena

Posted at 10:40 AM on April 9, 2012

I am just curious if he’s still in the military after all this? Anyone know. I can’t tell from reading the articles online. Or am I missing the info?

ashleypuente

Posted at 1:11 PM on April 9, 2012

I read he got booted.

Nene

Posted at 8:44 PM on October 25, 2012

Wow and that’s all they wanted was to be in the military.

Sara

Posted at 6:37 PM on April 9, 2012

Military doesnt stand for this, the families are held to expectations and when failed to meet those expectations there are punishments set acorrdingly. For something this severe he would have been dishonorably discharged. (Kicked out and shuned)

amyv

Posted at 10:38 AM on April 18, 2012

he was actually honorably discharged

Sarah