Mom Accused Of Killing Her 8-Year-Old With M&Ms

Fri, April 6, 2012 6:18pm EST by 12 Comments

How can a mother give their child — who is severely allergic to peanuts — candy that clearly contains peanuts? BUT there is a twist! Read to find out.

Last year on July 23, 8-year-old Jessica Cirella was found dead in her Plainview, New York home from a severe allergic reaction to peanuts, according to the Huffington Post. Her mother Veronica Cirella, 31, has been accused of murdering her daughter, but pleaded not guilty on April 4 to second-degree murder of Jessica — She faces a life sentence for the murder accusation!

Young Jessica had cerebral palsy — along with her severe allergy — and her mom thought by killing her that Jessica would be free of pain. Veronica reportedly gave M&Ms to treat her daughter for participating in a wedding, which ultimately ended her young life. Veronica then attempted suicide.

“I had to give her a better life, which was to give her back to heaven,” Veronica’s alleged suicide note reads. “I don’t mind going to hell because I took my life to give her a better life, which is in heaven where she can be free.”

The detailed suicide note was found when Veronica was lying next to her daughter’s dead body. The two were found by Veronica’s mother-in-law Dolores Cirella. She allegedly tried to kill herself with a combination of insulin and painkillers, then proceeded to strangle herself with an electrical cord, according to News One.

How can someone, a mother, do such a horrific thing!

More HollyBaby news:

1. Florida Woman Who Ran Over Triplets Sentenced To 13 Years
  2. Susan Cox Powell’s Sister Blames The Police For Her Nephews’ Deaths
  3. Man Shoots Wife & Himself After Falsely Accused Of Abusing 3-Month-Old Daughter

Ethan Conn

Posted at 3:47 AM on May 15, 2012

You need to pull your opinions out of the articles you write. There is a reason that good journalism allows the reader to decide. The articles that you post are a sham.

Ethan Conn

Posted at 3:54 AM on May 15, 2012

However, some encouragement. Good job making it where you have.

Kris

Posted at 4:43 PM on May 7, 2012

i meant ** regardless of a psychical or mental disability ** (sorry doing too many things at once)

Kris

Posted at 4:38 PM on May 7, 2012

Wow , Incredibly Sad but the mothers heart was in the right place but i disagree of ending her life , She should have been strong for her daughter and told her she can have a wonderful life regardless or and physical or mental differently-abled …Not end her life. That Woman could have made that child feel like her special angel and have a a normal childhood,teen years and adulthood….she could have found happiness in life but now she will never feel the sun shining on her face…Rest in Peace little angel

L

Posted at 10:48 PM on May 8, 2012

@Kris…I am guessing here…but I would say that YOU don’t have a child w/ cerebral palsy, do you? Those kids need 24 hours of care, 7 days a week…and by that I mean every second of every day. I feel for this lady, I really do. Unless you have a child with CP, you are in NO position to judge her at all. While I don’t agree with killing someone, and anaphylactic shock due to allergy is NOT a merciful way to die, I honestly can understand her emotional state. As a healthcare provider I can tell you that *I* get agitated, anxious, and do become over-emotional when I deal with chronically ill patients on an extended basis, and I’m only at work for 8-12 hours a day. This poor woman dealt with this horrible illness every second of every day for EIGHT YEARS. And if she didn’t have the resources for private help then you can bet she didn’t have much help at all. Trust me…the govt doesn’t provide much help at all for families like this one.

marica searcie

Posted at 2:19 PM on April 8, 2012

I agree. I can’t judge. Because unless ur in that situation u never really know. But I also know what its like to see someone suffer and wish they didn’t have to anymore. She’s in a better place..with Our Lord and Savior. RIP Jessica

Kayla

Posted at 4:31 PM on April 7, 2012

Okay…this really bugs me. My mother has cerebral palsy, and once she grew up and learned to live with it and everything, she’s lived a very fulfilling life and is an artist/photographer/counselor. It was not the mother’s place to do that at all. It pisses me off, really.

L

Posted at 11:06 PM on May 8, 2012

@Kayla,
You probably know, since your mom has CP, that there are varying degrees of the illness. The severity of the illness depends almost entirely to how much oxygen deprivation the person had as a fetus, or newborn. Your mom may very well be a high-functioning person w/ CP (as it seems so from the fact that she is an artist/photographer/counselor), while this young child may not have been.
Please don’t misunderstand, I don’t agree w/ murder as a way to ease the mother’s burden, to alleviate any one person’s perceived “pain,” or to place anyone at “peace.” The mom should have felt herself becoming overwhelmed and reached out for some help. All I’m saying that we all have our limits, and maybe she just didn’t realize she had reached hers.

Cristina

Posted at 3:35 AM on April 7, 2012

U cant judge her till ur in her shoes

Christy

Posted at 7:56 AM on April 7, 2012

Amen!!!

paige-momof5

Posted at 8:45 PM on April 6, 2012

very very sad !!!!!!!!! I am shocked their was any m&ms lefted in the house with momma there ..lol

R.I.P lil baby girl ….

Caiti

Posted at 9:57 AM on April 7, 2012

In our country it is illegal to put someone out of their misery. That doesn’t mean it’s wrong. We don’t know the full story here. I’m not judging.