How Taylor Armstrong Explains To Daughter Kennedy Her Dad's Violence

Thu, April 5, 2012 12:10pm EDT by 13 Comments
Taylor Armstrong Abuse

The reality star says her young daughter Kennedy comprehends that her daddy beat Taylor and tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY exactly how she explains the brutal violence to the 5-year-old. Read to find out how.

In a recent interview, Taylor Armstrong says her daughter Kennedy asked why she missed her late husband, Russel Armstrong — who killed himself on Aug. 15 — if he beat her all the time. “I said, ‘You know what, you’re right,'” Taylor tells HollywoodLife.com at the Bravo Up Front on April 4. “‘Your daddy had a bad temper and that wasn’t okay, but he loved you very much.'”

“He never acted out towards my daughter,” Taylor explains. “I try to reinforce ‘Your daddy loves you, and I know he misses you.'”

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star has written a memoir about her abuse and marriage to Russell called Hiding From Reality: My Story of Love, Loss, and Finding the Courage Within.

“The cycle of violence is a really interesting thing,” she tells us. “It happens in a lot of relationships. You think you can change someone, and you can’t. You think that if they hit you for one reason or verbally abuse you for one reason and you don’t do that behavior again that it won’t happen again, and that’s not the case. They will always look for something new.”

But now Taylor is doing her best to remain upbeat and positive for Kennedy, and she’s putting dating on hold.

“I’m just so happy being single and loving my little girl and being so present with her,” she explains. “If you read my story, I’ve had a boyfriend since the time I was in the sixth grade and for me to be 40 and be so fine with being alone is beautiful. I just flew back from a vacation with my little girl, and we had the most fun that we’ve had in so long.”

-Reporting by Chloe Melas, Written by Anna Moeslein

More Taylor Armstrong:

1. Taylor Armstrong: My 5-Year-Old Daughter Knew Russell Beat Me
  2. Taylor Armstrong’s ‘Housewives’ Role Cut — She May Quit Show
  3. Taylor Armstrong’s New Reported BF Revealed: Her Married Lawyer

shanna

Posted at 6:19 AM on January 1, 2013

I LOVE YOU ADRIENNE

Daisy-lady

Posted at 12:56 PM on April 11, 2012

Let me guess – Taylor lies to her daughter like she lied to the rest of the country in that travisty of a book released just weeks after her husbands death when he couldn’t defend himself against the allegations? Shana is a liar and a thief and should be brought up on civil charges of libel spearheaded by someone who has Kennedy’s and the rest of his kids best interests at heart.

Rebecca

Posted at 9:29 AM on April 9, 2012

HOW dare anyone who has not lived through a violent realationship and ending in suicide even comment!!!!! if you have…,and can judge taylor, by all means judge her. And you know what??? Judge me to! You ‘ladies’ out there have nooooo idea hoe Taylor is feeling. Regret, Guilt, Pain for her child, and relief. if it wasnt him, it would’ve been her…..or worse…Keneddey. All my love from Australia Taylor. I’ve watched the series a few months after my partner committed suicide. I wish I could’ve help battered women like you are now. Speak out! Let your voice be heard. Because when their alive if you say anything…. guess who cops a beating?….not Camille….

ShanaBanana

Posted at 7:27 AM on April 8, 2012

How does she explain it to Kennedy? By lying, of course. That’s the way Taylor ShanaBanana rolls. She’s a scam artist and lying is her way of life.

Bye Bye Bravo. You brought back Shana. Click. I’m gone.

Mcawfulnasty

Posted at 1:32 AM on April 7, 2012

Sorry for Lisa! I am firmly boycotting bravo. All of bravo and any affiliate or sponsor or endorser. Bye bye Traylor and the rest of the pond scum.

Lyndi

Posted at 4:08 AM on April 8, 2012

It pains me to say this, but I’m on board with you. They have taken the very best Real Housewives show and totally trashed it by bringing trashy Taylor back! I will miss seeing lovely Lisa! Even though Taylor seemed to somehow suck her in to her demented world, she’s still so pleasant, sincere and hilarious. Bravo is sinking one of their most promising shows to date. Hope to see Lisa and Camille SOMEWHERE soon!

Rosebud

Posted at 1:28 AM on April 7, 2012

How in the world is BRAVO! Offering Taylor, the woman who should be caring for her daughter, instead of ruining her life, back on the show?

I, as did many others, gave Bravo the benefit of the doubt last season, but this round I’m out. I will NEVER watch that show. Kyle is disgusting enough, but SHANA is absolutely disgusting. She Could go make those pennies elsewhere and shelter her child, but not her, she needs attention…any attention regardless who she sacrifices along the way!? As for Bravo, that is even worse than that fame whore for allowing that wench to exploit a child and whatever she so pleases….absolutely the lowest form of tv…

Sarah lane

Posted at 1:11 AM on April 7, 2012

The only one more disgusting than Taylor is her creepy shrink Sophy. Many are convinced that doc sophy provoked this man in “therapy” and basically led him to suicide. He was the last person to see Russell alive. Makes you wonder…

Chris

Posted at 8:37 PM on April 6, 2012

And Bravo is bringing this lying, manipulative and severely pathological woman back to that show. She sickens me. Never tuning in again. Will watch Lisa’s new show but have had it completely with watching drunk, screaming hysteria from Taylor Sarah Hughes Ford Armstrong. She’s crazy and thank you Bravo for listening to your viewers. Very disappointing…..

attintion slore

Posted at 3:36 PM on April 6, 2012

she just want attention from the media,he dies a long time ago and she is stll talking about it.why would she tell her YOUNG child about that,she is damaging her daughters mind you dumb skinny slut with pussy lips

Karen

Posted at 5:15 AM on April 6, 2012

There is no doubt in my mind that Taylor is not saying one positive thing about Russell to her daughter. She brings her to book signings and has her draw hearts in the book that makes her daddy out to be a monster. And there is no way that Kennedy understands the meaning of the word “beat” as Taylor has claimed that she has used that word in reference to Russell (further embellishing the question from Kennedy ‘why would you miss a boy that yelled at you’ to ‘why would you miss a boy that beat you’). Taylor is poison, fake, and superficial. I don’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth. Kennedy is going to have a rough time healing from the damage that Taylor inflicts on her for the price of fame.

Linda

Posted at 9:41 PM on April 5, 2012

Does anyone else think it is time someone step in and take Kennedy away from this sick woman?? I shutter to think of all the crap she is telling that little girl behind closed doors! The world sees what a sick, pathalogical liar she is. It is one thing to constantly lie to adults, media outlets, any anything or anyone she can get her boney hands on…but it is quite another to be raising a little girl who clearly had a beautiful and meaningful bond with her daddy who is now dead! Taylor is emotionally unstable and unhealthy and she is doing serious damage to that child’s mind! This whole mess with Taylor is getting too creepy — this woman either doesn’t have a clue, or, she clearly has no soul, to continue this madness knowing she is making a complete and utter fool of herself! When are the “true” authorities goung to step in?? And I DO NOT mean any REALITY FAKE, DISGRACEFUL people like Dr Drew and Sophy! They are just as delusional or without any soul, as Taylor!!

gbtw

Posted at 5:22 PM on April 5, 2012

first of all, i REFUSE to believe that woman is 40. she looks 50. a beverly hills surgeried and fillered 50, but 50, nonetheless. secondly, “if you read my book”… yuck. i find her so disgusting and distasteful. i do hope she will just find another rich guy to take care of her so that she stops these really wretched moves to make money. it’s just so gross.