Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez, Record A Duet NOW — Here's Why

Thu, April 5, 2012 10:18pm EST by 24 Comments
Justin Bieber Selena Gomez

With his album about to drop, her fans clamoring to hear more music and their relationship going so well, there’s never been a better time for Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez to get in the studio together!

Of course I got excited when I saw Justin Bieber and One Direction were working in the studio together this week. However, I have to admit I’d way rather hear a collaboration between the Biebs and the love of his teen life, Selena Gomez, right now. Wouldn’t that be the best surprise ever?

Maybe Justin, 17, and Selena, 19, have already recorded together and it’s the best kept secret in the biz, but I have a feeling we would have caught wind of it right about now. (Our spies run deep…) I know they’ve both admitted there might be a collaboration somewhere down the line, but it’s never been with much conviction. It seems like they’ve both been told to say, “Maybe someday, but Selena’s working on her acting right now.”

That said, I love Selena’s music. She may not be a musical prodigy, like Justin, but her tunes are catchy and great for the dance floor. Since she dropped her last album, When the Sun Goes Down, last year, I’ve been chomping at the bit for more! Even though she’s busy at work on her new movies, like Spring Breakers, it wouldn’t take much for her to visit Justin in the studio and crank out a single that would drop this spring, or even over the summer.

The beauty of a duet between Selena and Justin right now is that neither of them need each other. They’ve each been widely successful on their own, so it neither one would be doing a courtesy for the other. A song would simply be a treat for their fans (to whom they are both so dedicated).

Also, as much as I want to see Jelena last forever, it’s unlikely they’ll be together for the long haul. (After all, they are each other’s first loves and only teenagers.) Thus, they should take advantage of their love while it’s still hot and young and fresh — this is the time to do it! Justin doesn’t even need to put it on his upcoming album, Believe – it could be a bonus track!

Justin, Selena — if you’re reading this, please consider creating a duet ASAP. Your fans would go nuts and it’d be the perfect dance song for summer 2012!

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

not telling

Posted at 9:10 PM on December 5, 2012

oh HELL no. i hate selena.

Anonymous

Posted at 11:30 PM on April 14, 2012

Couldn’t people just be nice? I don’t understand it… just because you may not be a fan gives you no right to be crude or mean!;( I am not the biggest fan for sure for ethier of them but they both are incrediblily talented and have amazing voices!) I would love to hear Justin and Selena sing. I think they are an adorable couple and I think it would be fun for them and their fans if they sang a duet! Go Jelena!!

P.S. Please bloggers be nice. I have read articles that celebrities that are interviews says it hurts their feelings and sometimes make them cry. Even little, mean comments can go a long way. We don’t know, we aren’t them, but we do know just the same, that they are people too, and people have feelings. Just althoughs who who read this keep that in mind. I love u Jelena!

Jelena Forever

Posted at 11:12 AM on December 10, 2012

I totally agree with you on that!

By the Way I’m a huge SELENATOR Fan!!!!
And 100% Supporter of Jelena!!!!

saran kaba

Posted at 1:09 PM on April 11, 2012

i love justin bieber and selena gomez and i think there are the best couple ever and selena gomez is so lucky to have guy like justin bieber he is si cu and sexy and i always be ther 1 fan in the word

Angz

Posted at 8:59 AM on April 10, 2012

they are both good..but Justin is better. even though i dont completely like them together…i would love to hear a duet

delena

Posted at 10:48 AM on April 8, 2012

i just love selena i think justin is just a kids i hate him

KatyKat

Posted at 10:22 PM on April 7, 2012

I think it’s a good idea because millions of people have always expected two artists like Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber to record a song together. + It would be an awesome Summer song! Even though I’ve seen the video(#ask Selena) that Selena Gomez(SelGomez) published on Youtube today(April 7,2012) about what are her plans for this year like working on her acting in movies like Spring Breakers and Getaway, I think that they should at least try to record a song by Summer if they decided to do that. But if Selena is busy with her acting then it’s ok because she has new things coming to her fans :) U are awesome Selena Gomez :)and JB.

KatyKat

Posted at 10:28 PM on April 7, 2012

She will also probably be making a new album after her new movies(her word from the video on Youtube on her channel.) She also answered other questions from her fans ;)

Hellllll to the no

Posted at 7:49 AM on April 7, 2012

would anyone want to hear a Stevie Wonder/Rebecca Black duet? Answer: HELLLLLLL NO!!!!! So why the hell would anyone want to hear someone as talented as Justin and someone as tone deaf as Selena do song together?!?! She can’t sing to save her life!!!!! I’m not a huge fan of Bieber or Selena (though I will admit she’s quite a good actress) and I’m not hating but anybody with ears should know that Bieber and Gomez are like chalk and cheese. Plus Selena’s quit the music industry, for this year at least, so don’t expect any new stuff from her.

brackertizer

Posted at 5:42 PM on April 6, 2012

“Stop”!!! Bng jls my dear let them try nd thn see hw it goez “remember never say never…

Michelle

Posted at 12:22 PM on April 6, 2012

Justin is actually 18. Get your facts straight…

Sam

Posted at 6:24 AM on April 6, 2012

I would love of they made a song together, But a lot of Beliebers hate Selena so why would Justin do Thatcher.
Sint take me wrong I love Jelena’s with all my heart

abed

Posted at 6:10 AM on April 6, 2012

abed of iran

blah blah blah hahahaha

Posted at 3:37 AM on April 6, 2012

Hope so too but whoever wrote this article remember this year justin is 18 not 17 okey…. News writers should be accurate

Juli

Posted at 1:04 AM on April 6, 2012

wow! I didn’t wanted a duet before but you convinced me. I loved the bonus track idea!

laila

Posted at 12:39 AM on April 6, 2012

plez justin do a duet with selena it would be my favriout song i love use both <3

laila

Posted at 12:37 AM on April 6, 2012

it would be so amazing if justin bieber do a duet it would be my favriout son my two favriout artist how cool

Dude

Posted at 12:20 AM on April 6, 2012

You call Justin bieber a musical prodigy? Sure he got a lot of fame really fast but that hardly makes him a prodigy.

FK

Posted at 12:02 AM on April 6, 2012

First Cody, and then oneD, now Selena…
what’s that?
I used to expect his album because I loved his music

Anonomyus

Posted at 11:57 PM on April 5, 2012

Alot of errors in this article.First of all Justin is 18 not 17. Selena is turning 20 in July. They are not each others first loves. Before making and publishing a article first edit and find out the true information before publishing it.

Haley

Posted at 11:55 PM on April 5, 2012

I don’t see that happening

urmom

Posted at 11:51 PM on April 5, 2012

He’s 18

Naomi

Posted at 11:49 PM on April 5, 2012

Eh, I don’t see it happening. If it did happen, it would sound weird. Selena really cannot sing, if I’m being honest and Justin’s vocals aren’t that strong. It just wouldn’t work. Sorry.

Dani

Posted at 11:11 PM on April 5, 2012

I love them both!! Most selena she is the Best thing ever!!! I love hher with all my heart!! AND i dont care if they make a duet iit will be ok!!!!!!!! LOVE themmmmmmmm