'American Idol' Results: Who Was Cut After '80s Week?

Thu, April 5, 2012 9:08pm EDT by 8 Comments
Deandre Brackensick

After a less than perfect performance night, it was anyone’s guess who would be eliminated April 5!

As we near closer and closer to the grand finale, it’s getting increasingly difficult to say goodbye to our beloved American Idol contestants from season 11. Alas, the judges’ save was NOT used tonight and another finalist was sent home…

The bottom three were Hollie Cavanagh, DeAndre Brackensick and Elise Testone. Not surprisingly, DeAndre (who was one of two minors left), was eliminated, leaving Elise and Hollie to stay another week.

To be honest, I felt like DeAndre was fighting an uphill battle after last week when Jennifer Lopez gave him the back-handed compliment she hoped he’s stick around for a “few more weeks,” essentially telling American she didn’t consider him the American Idol. Even though I didn’t think he was going to win, that comment was the nail in the coffin for him.

As sad as I am to see DeAndre go, I’m obsessed with Elise (despite her lackluster performance this week) and I’ve grown to love Hollie (who has a much better personality in real life than what reads on camera).

What did you think of tonight’s elimination? Did the right singer get sent home? At this point, who do you think is in line to win? Sound off below!

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

mont

Posted at 1:01 AM on April 7, 2012

Elise choose the wrong song that night and hollie wasn’t bad at all. but i didn’t like phillips performance since i find it similar like the last time he sung with the same kind of tone. skylar chose the right song and she nailed it that night.

gbtw

Posted at 3:40 PM on April 6, 2012

hollie can’t win. it’s painful to watch her perform. if she knocks out another killer ballad or two, she can prolong the exit- but her dancing and forced run around the stage wasn’t good. that said, i don’t really like jessica’s performance style either (except like in her very first week), but jessica is more believable. hollie never seems very connected to her songs tho. in any case, she’s a beautiful, likeable and talented girl- just don’t think she’s a star yet. i’d like to see her become another celion eventually, but she still needs a lot of maturing.

NanceLee

Posted at 10:44 AM on April 6, 2012

Hollie should have gone but Deandre would have been gone in a week or two anyway.

Top five should be Joshua, Jessica, Phillip, Colton and Elise. Then I don’t know how I am going to vote!

gbtw

Posted at 4:00 PM on April 6, 2012

i think skylar could beat out a few of those (COULD, not necessarily WILL). remember, a country crooner won last season- and i guess carrie underwood had her season, too- so, they get a lot of country fans which should propel skylar’s chances. but maybe you’re just saying the top five that you like, not that america will vote for!

Michael

Posted at 12:11 AM on April 6, 2012

Based on the performances from 80’s night, Hollie should have gone home. Although DeAndre, I agree has been fighting an uphill battle, his performance was probably his best to date, and to his credit at least projects some personality, and presents some light & shade into his vocal performances. Hollie
may technically hit the high notes, but really boring to listen to overall. The same applies to Phillip – we hear the same formula every week. At least some of the other contestants are going outside their comfort zones. Elise is still my favourite, I think she just picked the wrong song this week.

meh

Posted at 12:35 AM on April 6, 2012

I agree about Hollie. She has been consistently stiff and boring, and last night was especially bad. DeAndre on the other hand gave one of his best performances, I thought. And his voice is so unique, I enjoyed listening to it even though his style wasn’t really my taste. Too bad to see him go (since it should have been Hollie), but I’m sure he’ll do well.

kevin

Posted at 12:09 AM on April 6, 2012

No, DeAndre couldve stayed what the hell is wrong with these people

gbtw

Posted at 3:36 PM on April 6, 2012

“these people” meaning, america? he consistently wasn’t getting votes. he doesn’t appeal to their audience. doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a future career, but there was no way the judge’s would save him when the voters weren’t moved by him for a long time. he’s a good kid though and will have a nice career in his chosen genre.