'True Blood' Season 5 Scoop: Prepare For 'Revamped' Fairies

Tue, April 3, 2012 3:22pm EDT by 19 Comments

Bon Temps’ newest magical resident tells HollywoodLife.com that season five will teach viewers ‘more about what it means to be a fairy.’

The brand-new trailer for the fifth season of True Blood promises plenty of vampire, werewolf and shifter action — but what about Bon Temps’ fruit-filled population? Don’t you worry; not only will fairies play a major part in the new season this June, but HollywoodLife.com has learned “they’re not like they were in any previous season.”

“It’s so incredible,” newbie fairy Camilla Luddington tells me. “I remember getting to set and being really blown away by what they’ve done this season, especially with the fairies. … I’m excited for people to see the re-vamped version of the fairies.”

Camilla plays Claudette, whose sister Claudine served as Sookie’s (Anna Paquin) fairy godmother before she was attacked and drained by an amnesic Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard).

Though Camilla can’t say too much about how the fairies have been altered, she can reveal that Claudette works closely with Sookie and Jason (Ryan Kwanten). Is it possible Jason will be getting in touch with his fairy side this season too? Camilla says the audience will “learn more about what it means to be a fairy” in season five, so anything’s possible!

As for her own fairy powers, Camilla says she’s been having a blast — awful pun intended — figuring out the ins-and-outs of Claudette’s magical abilities.

“So far, all I have is that big — I don’t even know what to call it — the light that comes out of my hand,” she says. “I’ve gotten to use that, which was actually very exciting. They’re very specific about how you use your hand to execute that light. I was just kind of lifting my hands up, and they were like, ‘No, you’re not going to get any light out of that.’ So I had light practice.”

But hey, practice makes perfect!

“Between rehearsals, I definitely had a go of it in the mirror — and I’m sure I looked absolutely ridiculous,” Camilla admits. “But I had fun trying. I was like, ‘I have the weirdest job in the world.'”

Truebies, how do YOU think the fairies will be ‘different’ in season five? And which cliffhanger from season four are you most concerned about? Drop me a comment with your best theories, because waiting sucks a little less when all do it together!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more True Blood scoop

Compact tractors for sale small tractors for sale

Posted at 1:14 PM on June 18, 2012

Unquestionably imagine that that you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be at the web the easiest thing to understand of. I say to you, I certainly get irked whilst other people consider concerns that they plainly do not understand about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as well as defined out the entire thing without having side-effects , other folks could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thanks

Fete Online

Posted at 6:35 AM on June 14, 2012

Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this article is awesome, great written and include almost all significant infos. I would like to peer extra posts like this .

Mortgage loan Refinancing

Posted at 4:20 AM on June 14, 2012

I used to be recommended this blog through my cousin. I am no longer sure whether or not this publish is written by means of him as nobody else recognise such exact approximately my trouble. You’re amazing! Thanks!

Residence Re-financing

Posted at 1:10 AM on June 14, 2012

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to present something back and aid others like you aided me.

Wordpresss SEO

Posted at 4:58 AM on June 12, 2012

Hi there, I discovered your web site via Google while looking for a similar topic, your website got here up, it seems to be great. I have added to favourites|added to my bookmarks.

PS Overviews

Posted at 10:59 PM on June 11, 2012

I used to be suggested this web site through my cousin. I am now not sure whether or not this submit is written by way of him as nobody else know such unique about my difficulty. You’re wonderful! Thank you!

ModLoader

Posted at 2:43 PM on June 11, 2012

I blog quite often and I seriously appreciate your information. Your article has truly peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your website and keep checking for new information about once a week. I opted in for your Feed as well.

Cheryl

Posted at 2:19 AM on April 22, 2012

They should get riid of fairies werewolves shifters etc go back to just vampire the rest is ridiculous.

Sookie Stackhouse

Posted at 4:34 PM on April 8, 2012

I love true blood and it is truely the best show i ave ever seen. I hope they continue to make it!!!!

Viv

Posted at 6:30 AM on April 5, 2012

I find the books totally boring so I am happy that they move as far away from them as they can AB is doing a great job putting his own slant on the story. I absolutely adore Bill so they can have him on screen as much as they like, one of the best things in season 4 was Bill being King. Not a great lover of the fairies in the past so I will be interested to see how they change them.

sharon

Posted at 9:58 PM on April 4, 2012

Loved the show then read the books, Love the books more after season 4 – Alan Ball really sunk that one, shame shame. Lets hope bringing Russell back will make up for such a disasterous season 4

ray

Posted at 6:51 AM on April 4, 2012

I always found fairies to be boring in the books….
What i really want is more screen time for Eric Northman and that they don’t mess up with his character like they did in the disastrous last episodes of season 4, why on earth did they make Eric remember everything? And WHY did Sookie ask Bill to forgive her??? So many stupid plot twists made for an awful wrap of season 4, I have bought all DVDs from the first 3 seasons but i won’t buy season 4 because they strayed too far away from the books shoving Bill down our throats and having Sookie being a complete stupid woman!! Ok i’m done ranting for today(pardon my english granmar,english is not my first language)

claudette

Posted at 2:43 PM on April 4, 2012

i agree 100 % with everything you said.
sick and tired of the sookie/bill bore-fest and was utterly speechless at what they did to eric.
but i’m excited to see the new fairy since my name is so uncommonly heard of and used on tv.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:31 PM on April 4, 2012

As a reader of the books, I’ll agree that there’s WAY too much Bill going on. But I don’t hate the way they handled Eric. If you re-watch the end of season 4 (I just did), he’s still got that romantic side, even though he remembers everything.

CNCord

Posted at 1:31 AM on April 4, 2012

What I really want is more Eric and Less Bill

Sandra

Posted at 10:06 PM on April 3, 2012

True Blood should probably move beyond the fairies, none of the fans I know really like them.

I wish Camilla Luddington good luck in her new role though.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:30 PM on April 4, 2012

I think the fairies were just mishandled. There’s a lot of potential there, and considering Russell’s obsession with them, season 5 should be pretty crazy.

anna

Posted at 4:00 PM on April 3, 2012

what about their twin Claude! I want to see him on tv!

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:06 PM on April 3, 2012

Oh, he’ll be there too :)

It’s weird… Claudette was never in the actual books. Just one of the short stories. And I’m pretty sure she was already dead, and Claudine was trying to figure out who killed her. Maybe the show will be the exact opposite.