Lance Armstrong Blows Off His Daughter At Finish Line — Video

Tue, April 3, 2012 11:11am EDT by 20 Comments
Loading video...

As Lance ends his race, his 10-year-old tries to give him a celebratory medal, but he totally ignores her! An expert tells HollywoodLife.com how Lance’s boorish behavior can hurt his daughter!

Lance Armstrong is used to winning — he’s a seven-time Tour de France champion — so he seemed visibly upset when he finished seventh in the Memorial Hermann 70.3 Ironman triathlon. After being passed in the final yards, the exhausted athlete walked right past his own daughter who was trying to give him a medal!

The video shows one of his 10-year-old twin daughters waiting patiently to hand her dad a medal, but he keeps on walking past her. The girl follows and screams “Dad! Dad!” to get his attention.

“He is such a competitor to the point of where he is almost socially boorish, and there really is no excuse he is in a different zone emotionally and psychologically after a race,” Dr. Jeff Gardere, Family therapist and contributor to Healthguru.com, tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “I think what parents need to understand, no matter how wrapped up or focused in whatever the activity, that you have to be cognizant and there. You have to keep your mind open and be willing to share a part of that focus.”

“I think he was just so focused and in-the-zone, and it might have hurt his daughters feelings,” Dr. Gardere continues. “I’m not putting him down or saying he did this on purpose, he was just so damned focused and didn’t realize what was going on with his daughter.”

Lance is dad to twin girls Isabelle and Grace, 10, and son Luke, 12, with his ex-wife, Kristin. He also is dad to son Maxwell, 2, and daughter Olivia, 1, with his girlfriend, Anna.

Can you believe he ignored his daughter like that, HollyMoms? Do you think Lance was just tired, or was he so upset about losing that he blew off his own child?

-Reporting by Chloe Melas

More Lance Armstrong:

1. Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry & More: Celebrities Tweet Surprise Over Osama Bin Laden Death!
  2. Congratulations, Lance Armstrong! You’re A Daddy For The Fifth Time!
  3. Sheryl Crow Says Her Painful Split From Lance Armstrong Inspired Her to Adopt Her Two Sons

Hershel

Posted at 8:29 PM on September 11, 2014

Hello there! This is my first visit to your blog!

We are a team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche.
Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a
outstanding job!

Felix roman

Posted at 9:20 AM on February 17, 2014

What a friking looser you are Lance. Felix roman carrasquillo

Find Sugar Daddies

Posted at 6:35 AM on June 6, 2012

Unquestionably believe that that you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be at the net the easiest thing to keep in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked even as other people think about concerns that they just don’t know about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and defined out the whole thing with no need side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Phil

Posted at 11:21 AM on April 10, 2012

Do a little research and you will see that this is common behavior for him!

Pete K

Posted at 1:28 AM on April 5, 2012

What do you expect from him? The guy is a total Dbag, narcissistic woman hater haha. This is the same douche that bragged about how great he is and walked around like a demi-god and all the while TOOK STEROIDS! Yeah Ive competed in a lot of sports and when its over you do break out of the zone but have a lot of adrenalin stil pumping. No excuse to ignore his kid. She was just stoked and proud of her Dad and he’s a tool.

Felix roman

Posted at 9:21 AM on February 17, 2014

I think he is gay

Elena

Posted at 3:01 PM on April 4, 2012

I realize Lance was in a zone and it’s hard to know what was inside his head, but I find it hard to believe he could ignore shouts of “Dad!” even if he didn’t see his daughter. I know every time I’m in a store or at the mall, when I hear “Mom!” I turn my head. Every time. It’s conditioning. Then again, I’m not an elite athlete who must intensely focus on his craft. The mental focus required must be incredible not to mention Lance was probably exhausted.

Tamer

Posted at 8:27 PM on April 3, 2012

Lance loves his children, give him a break guy is tired and kind of pissed of not winning

Mandy

Posted at 5:23 PM on April 3, 2012

The guy is in another zone right then. The mother of the child should have held her back. To me the only one who ended up looking bad is the little girl because she looked like a brat. Give the guy a second to realize what’s going on around him and catch his breath!!

SUZIE

Posted at 10:58 AM on April 4, 2012

SHE IS NOT A BRAT, JUST PROUD OF HER DAD….HE IS SUCH A JERK…

Gen

Posted at 12:41 PM on April 4, 2012

She isn’t a brat.I guess nowadays when you try and be supportive of your dad, you’re considered a brat. I agree he was in another zone right then,but that doesn’t give him the right to be a jerk. The daughter only wanted to give him his award.

Renegade

Posted at 4:33 PM on April 3, 2012

Most of you have no IDEA what someone goes through to finish a TRI! If you are totally focused, like Lance, then you may not realize what is happening at the finish. Give me a BREAK. Seems someone is just looking for something negative about Armstrong.

Just curious…How many MILLIONS has Hollywood Life committed to cancer research? My guess…NONE, NADA, NOTHING!!!! If all you can do is try to make this look bad, pitiful attempt. Lance takes his kids all over the world with him! He is a true family man/father. You may not like his attitude toward competition, but he is there for one reason, to win! If you are not there to win, then why be there!

RM

Posted at 3:17 PM on April 3, 2012

This is the dumbest attempt at smacktalk I’ve ever seen. He just finished a triathlon, and, by the way, was also suffering gastrointestinal problems during the race. I’m a mom of two, and a cyclist, and I can tell you after some of my endurance rides, it’s hard to be fully aware of who/what’s going on immediately at the finish line. It can take a few minutes, and usually a few swigs of something refreshing and cold, to be able to distinguish sounds and faces in a crowd.

Tamberlyn

Posted at 9:33 AM on April 4, 2012

I am sorry to have to disagree with you. I am also a mother of two and an endurance cyclist completing the BSG in NC (training ride for Lance). When I see the finish line I am always looking for my people. I will wipe the dry spittle of my face just in case I am lucky enough to get a kiss and a huge. The guy’s ego is even too big for his kids. Loser!

nicole

Posted at 1:59 PM on April 3, 2012

Excuse me, the man just completed a triathlon. You have complete tunnel vision for the finish line, and your brain is completely consumed with convincing your body not to collapse. He didn’t ignore her, he just didn’t see her. Big difference.

Gen

Posted at 12:43 PM on April 4, 2012

I guess he obviously didn’t hear her either.

nichole

Posted at 1:04 PM on April 3, 2012

Ouch! She didn’t even get a glance! What a dick!

ann

Posted at 12:04 PM on April 3, 2012

Age ain’t nothing but a number for these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He is almost 10 years older than I. We met via ~~Agelessmeet . COM~~ a nice place for younger women and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other! Maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends: )

nina

Posted at 11:34 AM on April 3, 2012

he’s an amazing athlete and that’s great he beat cancer, but man, he’s always come off like a total douche. The way he talked about his ex-wife, when he was STILL married to her, was disgusting, and he turned me off back then.So I’m not surprised he’d embarrass his daughter like that in public to be honest.

Tamberlyn

Posted at 9:59 AM on April 3, 2012

What a big fat loser! How can a parent do that to their own kid? He must really hate his ex-wife and is taking it out on his first group of kids. Lost all respect of the dude.