Is Gary Shirley Letting 3-Year-Old Daughter Leah Drive?

Tue, April 3, 2012 4:10pm EST by 5 Comments

The ‘Teen Mom’ star posted a photo on Twitter showing what looks like his toddler driving a car and sitting in the steering wheel!

Teen Mom single dad Gary Shirley took to Twitter on April 3 to post a picture with his daughter Leah, 3, driving a car, while sitting in the wheel! Along with the pic he posted: “OMG look whose driving.” That is extremely dangerous and illegal, but not true! Thank goodness!

Yes, it looks bad and that’s exactly why — 5 minutes after he posted the picture — he reassured his followers with a follow-up tweet stating that she was NOT driving, but simply waiting in a parked car. He thought quickly to avoid backlash!

@ItsGaryTime: “By the way the pic of her on steering wheel is me in a parking lot in parkkkk waiting for brother just to clarify. Car is turned off.”

Would YOU let your kids get behind the wheel, HollyMoms?

–Giovanna Pagliarulo

More Teen Mom News:

1. Jenelle Evans & Boyfriend Gary Head Back Together After Twitter Battle
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Chelsea Houska Admits: Justin Bieber Is ‘Sexy’
  3. Maci Bookout Reveals She Has A New Boyfriend

Connie

Posted at 1:38 PM on June 5, 2012

come on, it’s a parked car, if it wasnt the wheel would be moving if she is sitting on it,

I let my cat sit on a wheel and “omg my cat is driving a car”

it’s just a picture of an adorable girl, who a father wants to show his family and friends and of course fans….

kimberly

Posted at 2:51 PM on April 13, 2012

Yes cause i looked at that pic and thought she was driving!! Of course he hasn’t let her drive the car he isnt stupid, give him more respect!!!

alana

Posted at 11:51 PM on April 3, 2012

I let my 4 yr old “drive” the car waiting for his bus to come. Nothing wrong with it, my parents did it all the time with me and my brother.

stella

Posted at 6:05 PM on April 3, 2012

Oh yeah, I am pretty sure she was also speeding on the highway.
Probably she was only playing with the steering wheel with engine off, it happened to all of us when we were kids and will happen also to our offspring…

michelle

Posted at 5:28 PM on April 3, 2012

I let my 8 month old ‘drive’ all the time when we are in the school parking lot waiting on her brother to get out of school… it keeps her entertained