Two-Year-Old Boy Drowns In A Washing Machine

Tue, April 3, 2012 10:39am EST by 8 Comments

A mother’s worse nightmare has sadly come true when she found her toddler in the washing machine with no pulse and no hearbeat.

Tiffany Hebb probably thought it was just another laundry day when she reached into her washing machine on March 23, but instead of finding clothes she found her adorable blue-eyed, nearly 2-year-old son Ollie Hebb in the appliance. “The worst day of my life,” she says of the event, according to The Daily Mail.

When she went to pull him out of the washing machine, he was stuck. With the help of a neighbor he was free, but he wasn’t breathing. Ollie’s heart was restarted an hour later, but was later put on life support for 24 hours before Tiffany and the boy’s father Chris Hebb decided to let him go on March 24.

“Every time I wake up, I think this is a nightmare and then realize it’s real,” the heartbroken father says. “You hear a baby crying in the night from a neighbor’s house. You wake up, hoping it’s your little boy, and then realize he’s not there.”

Only two children under the age of five have died in washing machines between 2005 and 2009, according to a 2011 report by The Consumer Products Safety Commission.

It is tragic and may be a rare occurrence, but it can happen! Watch your little ones, HollyMoms.

–Giovanna Pagliarulo

More HollyBaby News:

1. One In Ten Children Severely Affected By Autism Outgrow Symptoms
  2. Is Puberty For Girls Before 10 Years Old The New Normal?
  3. Woman Gave Birth To Two Babies From Two Separate Wombs

最高級 ミュール 注目

Posted at 12:34 AM on January 7, 2014

Hello! I’ve been reading your weblog for some time now and finally got
the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Tx!

Just wanted to say keep up the great job!

beer pong

Posted at 10:47 PM on June 30, 2012

Hey there, You’ve done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and in my opinion suggest to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.

renae

Posted at 11:05 AM on April 5, 2012

the parent of this child is very careless i think the mother knew about it she must have noticed changes with the washing machine after a while. you should be imprisoned

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted at 8:36 PM on April 3, 2012

wait..how did he get in the washing machine and close the door? and how did the machine get turned on? and why didn’t she notice that he was missing? something is not right.

Ashley

Posted at 11:45 AM on April 3, 2012

Not trying to blame her because accidents happen, but wouldn’t you notice that your child was missing the 15-20 min the washer was running? Where did she think he was at during this time? I have 3 kids ranging from 21 months to 9 and I always go find them when I don’t hear them for a few minutes.

Victoria

Posted at 4:55 PM on April 3, 2012

I agree.

Shani

Posted at 5:11 PM on April 3, 2012

This seems very suspicious. I don’t understand how a mother who is doing laundry wouldn’t hear the washing machine drumming around the body of a little boy. How was he able to close the top of the machine? Wouldn’t he make some type of sound? Where did she wonder off to where the little boy had enough time to fit his body in the machine on top of the clothes that was already in there and close himself in? This just doesn’t sound right and should really be investigated. I wonder if the parents are related to law enforcement in the county, because this is just unbelievable.

Terry

Posted at 8:34 PM on April 3, 2012

Two minutes without oxygen. Drowning is the leading cause of accidental death in children under 12 and higher for young children. A one year old can drown in as little as 2 inches of water.

Never leave your kids for even a minute. Some people think playpens are cages, but I put my kid in a playpen or crib when I answered the phone, door, went to the bathroom etc.

Note this information to your babysitter.