Woman Gave Birth To Two Babies From Two Separate Wombs

Mon, April 2, 2012 10:32am EDT by 6 Comments
Woman Two Wombs

This rare condition makes it difficult to carry a baby to full term, but this woman gave birth to twins — one in each womb!

Danielle Young‘s condition is very rare — the odds were five million to one, according to The Daily Mail! Medical experts were amazed when she gave birth to two healthy babies despite the odds.

Even more amazing, only one of her two wombs was functioning properly.

“An obstetrician will see a case like this once in a lifetime,” Andrew Shennan, a professor of obstetrics at Kings College Hospital in London says. “The egg must have come down the fallopian tube that doctors thought was previously blocked. It is extremely unusual.”

The 29-year-old was diagnosed with bicornuate uterus at 18. This means her womb is completely split in two, and the halves are sealed off from each other to make two separate wombs. Because one fallopian tube was completely blocked, she was only supposed to be able to get pregnant in one womb.

“I knew that because of my condition it would be unlikely that I would ever be a mum,” she says. The couple then went on the waiting list for IVF treatment when they wanted to have children for the first time. “I wanted to give it every possible chance and there was no way I was giving up that tiny bit of hope. So we went on the waiting list of treatment.”

But she actually became pregnant naturally without the treatment. She then gave birth to daughter Paige. Five months later, she found out she was pregnant again — with twins!

“When I look at them I know that miracles certainly do happen,” Danielle says.

More HollyBaby health news:

1. Attention Pregnant Mothers: Using Cellphones Could Harm Your Unborn Babies
  2. Heavy Backpacks Are Deforming Kids & Causing Major Back Problems
  3. The 3 Dangerous Staircase Flaws Every Parent Should Know About, Researchers Say

Jess

Posted at 2:26 AM on April 9, 2012

She shouldn’t be using black eyeliner like that. Geez, she looks creepy! A subtle, soft grey would be MUCH better!

kaelyn

Posted at 12:11 AM on April 9, 2012

Im sorry but whats wrong with the ladies face? Im not trying to be mean, but something about it looks off and I cant figure out what it is. Bad photoshop, maybe?

Sara

Posted at 5:52 PM on April 2, 2012

Why, yes, yes she does. And it looks super stupid. Why in the world would you let your child get highlights before they were in middle school? The chemicals are not good for adults, and they surely aren’t good for children.

raeanne

Posted at 11:08 AM on April 2, 2012

ummm…..does that small child have highlights in her hair?

amanda

Posted at 9:58 PM on April 2, 2012

they arent highlights. when i was about her age my hair looked the same. i had darkish blonde hair but with the summer sun some of it would turn very blonde. my 6 year old has dark brown hair, shes half mexican, but she gets a few very blonde streaks during the summer just from being out in the sun and I do not color her hair nor do i use any products in it.

Ginger

Posted at 5:23 AM on April 4, 2012

amanda- I was the same exact way when I was younger! My hair was what one called dishwater blonde… a mousy brown-blonde most of the year except during the summer when I would get awesome ‘highlights’ from the summer sun. My sons are half Mexican as well and they all have brown hair except during the summer months when they get super blonde streaks…only theirs are halos instead of up and down stripes…LOL