'Gossip Girl' Recap: Dan & Blair Finally Get Alone Time

Mon, April 2, 2012 10:11pm EDT by 50 Comments

Dan and Blair have sex for the first time, Serena gives a try at being Gossip Girl and a secret from Chuck’s near-death experience is revealed on the April 2 episode of ‘Gossip Girl.’

All I have to say is either Dan (Penn Badgley) and Blair (Leighton Meester) are big fat drama queens or the sex was truly just indescribably awful. If the latter was the case, why they’d even go back to each other is beyond me.

After a month hiatus of our beloved CW drama opera, Blair and Dan finally had the chance to do what they’ve been waiting for so long to do — have sex. But of course, the big event didn’t live up to their expectations. The two finally got it on in Dan’s Brooklyn loft (classy B) and quickly left in disappointment. This led  the two to get very drunk on their own and doubt their relationship — and in this moment Chair fans, like myself, felt a glimmer of hope. But alcohol, Dorota’s advice and an elevator ride eventually made everything better for the two.

I must say, I don’t even know WHO Blair Waldorf is anymore! Williamsburg, elevator sex and vodka drinking? She’s out of control.

And here are my ‘OMG’ moments:

#1 Dan and Blair make up

Blair decided to give sex another try with Dan after confiding in Dorota over a drink of vodka. Dorota said Blair needed to be honest with Dan and tell him the sex was terrible — which  she did, drunkenly as they headed up in the elevator to Ivy’s ( Kaylee Defer) party that she was hosting in memory of Cece. Blair stopped the elevator mid-ride and well, took Dan for a ride. Consider it a success since they later ended up doing it later in an alley in Williamsburg.

#2 Serena Is Gossip Girl

While Georgina (Michelle Tractenberg) is out fixing Blair’s annulment, she handed over the Gossip Girl reins to Serena (Blake Lively). But it doesn’t look like she’ll be gossiping for long, since she just received a message from the original GG. I hope she’s not a fraud, because we all know the real GG needs to come back pronto! The Upper East Side is frankly falling apart without her.

#3 Jack Bass Didn’t Give Blood To Chuck

When Chuck (Ed Westwick) was on his death bed after the car crash, his evil uncle Jack allegedly gave him blood to survive. But tonight we learned that Jack has hepatitis c — and Chuck thankfully does not — so there’s no way Jack did the blood transfusion. Jack told Chuck that it was his “mother” Elizabeth — who has already denied being his mother — but I think he’s just saying that. Could it be, possibly, that Chuck’s dad Bart Bass is still alive??

#4 The Van Der Woodsens May Get Their Home Back

Currently, Lily (Kelly Rutherford) and Rufus (Matthew Settle) are residing in Brooklyn while Ivy occupies their UES nest, but that’s about to change. Ivy clearly didn’t do her homework on what it takes to be a beneficiary because she’s already broken some rules, which are about to get her serious legal trouble.

Overall, I’m just ready for the real GG to come back. I feel like she’ll shed sane light on all this UES madness!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Did you like tonight’s episode of Gossip Girl? Sound off in your comments below.

– Nicole Karlis

More Gossip Girl news:

1. ‘Gossip Girl’ Spoiler: Chuck & Blair Are ‘Never Over,’ Producers Reveal
  2. Nicole Says: Chuck Bass Go Find Blair Waldorf, YOUR Runaway Bride
  3. New ‘Gossip Girl’ Pics: Blair Waldorf Sleeps With Dan Humphrey In The Airport

Kelly

Posted at 6:09 PM on April 4, 2012

my neighbor’s step-sister brought home $20864 a week ago. she has been making cash on the internet and bought a $519900 home. All she did was get lucky and apply the advice exposed on this link>>> lazycash1DOTcom

Joy

Posted at 6:22 AM on April 4, 2012

Thanks Nicole for the review. The Chuck and Jack scenes were the best part of this episode. The real GG has been missing since the end of 5×10. That’s how I feel about the whole show in general. Hopefully when the real GG comes back she might bring some viewers too to save this sinking ship. No Serena and Blair scenes again! Who is this Blair? Not someone long time fans recognise.

Jenny

Posted at 6:06 PM on April 3, 2012

Dair is dinamic, enterteinment, romance, is the best of GG

Katherine

Posted at 3:20 PM on April 3, 2012

They didn’t do it in Dan’s loft for the first time they did it in a hotel

Dee

Posted at 12:54 PM on April 3, 2012

Even though I’m a huge Dan fan…I am not feeling Dan and Blair being together! Ick!It just doesn’t work. Can we PLEASE get a little more Chuck and Blair back on the menu please?

GGFAN

Posted at 10:33 AM on April 3, 2012

Ok I agree and not agree with everyone. Yes chuck and Blair are selfish with each other but blair has only been with the new not so selfish chuck for like what 20 mins? He will fight for her no matter what. Like with Nate Blair and dans relationship is simple and easy. But we all know how that ended for Nate and Blair. What makes us think Dair will last? Dan couldn’t keep Serena for one season and Blair is much worse than Serena. Blair and chucks love on the other hand is hard and difficult but they have gotten back together too many times to count. BLAIR AND CHUCK FOREVER! CHAIR FOREVER!

W

Posted at 8:57 AM on April 3, 2012

everyone knows Chuck and blair endgame and so is Dan and serena

Jenny

Posted at 8:19 AM on April 3, 2012

best of the night Dair and all the sex they had, the funny moments and uncomfortable, are complete

greyashowl

Posted at 8:02 AM on April 3, 2012

Burned!!!! Probably weren’t expecting quite the backlash in comments. Dan and Blair are the Rom-Com couple and the show is a hell of a lot better for it :)

Danielle

Posted at 6:06 AM on April 3, 2012

Chuck and Blair are endgame.

wendy

Posted at 12:53 AM on April 3, 2012

Like an apple on a tree Hiding out behind the leaves I was difficult to reach But you picked me Like a shell upon a beach Just another pretty piece I was difficult to see But you picked me Yeah you picked me.

A fine frenezy – you picked me (dair soundtrack)

lover

Posted at 12:52 AM on April 3, 2012

Blair deserves someone like Dan

patricia

Posted at 12:51 AM on April 3, 2012

Dair works well. Don’t want to see Blair with that lame lowlife Chuck again.

Erin

Posted at 12:51 AM on April 3, 2012

It seems like the gg writers make DAIR the beautiful twist in the whole seasons of Gossip Girl. They tried to show us how great Chuck and Blair love was throughout all the seasons, but the truth is, true love is not based on scheming, games and manipulation. True love is when you feel comfortable with each other, doing things that you love together and feel happy around each other. Dan is actually the one for her. Dan and Blair are each other’s soulmates.

Tiara

Posted at 12:50 AM on April 3, 2012

Why would anyone want a love like Chair? Filled with games, lies, and abuse? I want to be with someone I can trust. I could never trust Chuck. Leighton even said herself she couldn’t trust a guy like Chuck. Arguement invalid.

Varun

Posted at 12:50 AM on April 3, 2012

Blair and Dan have something that I want in my life, true and simple love

Jamina

Posted at 12:48 AM on April 3, 2012

the cutest, funniest, happiest, supporting couple on the show…They define to the endgame of a tv couple …DAIR

Willow

Posted at 12:48 AM on April 3, 2012

From the outside they don’t seem to match but when you strip down all their baggage and layers you have two people who are perfect for each other and genuinely enjoy each others company, they’re not selfish with each other and it’s why I love Dan and Blair

A

Posted at 12:47 AM on April 3, 2012

CHAIR FOREVER! I still don’t get Dair. Just waiting for somebody to wake up and it was all a dream because anything other than Chair just seems too weird for me.

Osen

Posted at 12:46 AM on April 3, 2012

Im back watching GG again because of dan and blair, idk i just love them, they have a great chemistry and friendship. They bring out the best in each other. Dan and Blair all the way! ♥

Mikhail

Posted at 12:46 AM on April 3, 2012

I ADORE Dan and Blair together. Their relationship is so beautifully developed and they have amazing chemistry. Two words: “REAL CONNECTION.” ♥ ♥ ♥

Noureen

Posted at 12:46 AM on April 3, 2012

I adore Dan and Blair. They both have their flaws, but that’s what I admire the most about their relationship. They came to each as two people, no schemes, no games – just honest friendship.

Ursla

Posted at 12:44 AM on April 3, 2012

Dan and Blair deserve the endgame