Giuliana Rancic: I Can't Get Pregnant But We'll Still Have A Baby

Mon, April 2, 2012 1:33pm EDT by 15 Comments
Giuliana Rancic Interview

Giuliana and her supportive husband Bill appeared on The Today Show to reveal cancer will not derail their baby plans AND they’ll renew their vows! Awww!

Going through something like cancer could tear a lot of couples apart — but not Giuliana and Bill Rancic. In fact, it’s only brought them closer together! On Apr. 2, the so-in-love couple, who wed in 2007, sat down with Ann Curry on Today to discuss Giuliana’s cancer treatment, the couple’s baby plans — and how they’re closer than ever!

“It’s helped us find the humor in everything,” Giuliana said of her public battle with breast cancer. “When you go through something this tough, you have to, at some point, laugh and get back to your normal life. It’s reinvigorated our relationship in many ways.”

“This summer, we’re going to renew our vows,” Bill happily announced. “It’s a celebration of life.”

But will the happy couple be celebrating a new bundle of love on the way anytime soon? (Giuliana and Bill — who have documented their struggle to conceive on their reality show — were forced to put their baby plans on hold when Giuliana was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer last October. She underwent a double mastectomy later that month.)

“Right now, we’re exploring our options,” Bill told Ann. “I think this is going to be our year. I have a very good feeling 2012 is the year of the Rancics.”

“As far as being pregnant myself, with the medication I’m taking, it’s probably not going to happen anytime soon,” Giuliana clarified. “But we are looking at other options, so hopefully we’ll have some good news. Possibly adoption, surrogacy — listen, at the end of the day, it’s your baby. You’re going to love that baby. That’s all that matters.”

We couldn’t be happier for Giuliana and Bill! Regardless of whether they decide to expand their family via surrogacy or adoption, we know they’ll make wonderful parents. Their little one is going to be one lucky baby!

Watch the full interview below!

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers?

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

– Josh Rosenblatt

More Giuliana & Bill News

1. Giuliana Rancic: I Don’t Do Botox
  2. Giuliana Rancic Admits: ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Wants Me Next Season
  3. Giuliana Rancic Reveals: Pregnancy Could Have Killed Me

Jacqui Stewart

Posted at 8:48 PM on May 3, 2012

I have to say, I love this couple, I admire their honesty, the love they have for each other and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for them that they have the baby they have longed for. They will make great parents!

Jacqui Stewart
Scotland

tika

Posted at 8:29 AM on April 23, 2012

I’m very proud about Giuliana and Bill. They’re great couple and still stick together in happiness and sadness. They support each other. But, to be honest, I disagree about idea of surrogate mother. There’s so many unlucky children that need our help and love. They need to be taken care and well-educated so they will be grow up as the human that can give a lot of great contributions for their family, religion, and country. I hope Giuliana and Bill think and consider about this. I respect whatever their decision for their lives.

danielle

Posted at 2:17 AM on April 23, 2012

I’m so inlove with Giuliana and Bill,what a strong couple,they have been through so much together,more than people go through in a lifetime!I think adoption should be their last option,they should def try surrogacy first,I jst think its a better option!but what ever they decide,what beautiful parents they would make,they are truly blessed and deserve all the happiness in the world,they prove that when 2people r truly inlove,nothing els matters and all obsticles can be overcome!

huma

Posted at 3:31 PM on April 22, 2012

guliana and bill u guys are so cute you will definitely make it just plz stay with each other and do not get a divorce like every 2nd couple in america..!

Jane Mthembu

Posted at 8:05 AM on April 20, 2012

Oh wow I can’t even begging to explain how much I love u guys and your show really rocks. I like to wish you guys all the best in life and to let you know that God will Bless you with a child cancer or no cancer He can fix any situation just have faith. love you guys.

PENNY SOUTH AFRICA

Posted at 4:43 AM on April 20, 2012

I LOVE YOUR SHOW VERY MUCH I HAVE LEARNT A LOT FROM YOU FOLKS YOU HAVE DONE A LOT OF THINGS FOR OTHER POEPLE MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU BOTH.
GULLIANA YOU WILL CONCEIVE CANCER OR NO CANCER GOD IS FAITH FULL RIGHT NOW YOU NEED JESUS CHRIST
YOU MUST HAVE FAITH IN GOD NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES James 1V6-8
6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.
MATTHEW 37V1 For no word from God will ever fail.”NEXT YEAR THIS TIME NEXT YEAR BY FAITH YOU WILL BE HOLDING THE BABY IN YOUR ARMS THAT YOU CARRIED IN YOUR OWN WOMB FOR NINE MONTH IN JESUS NAME I PRAY AMEN
P/S THEN YOU MUST NEVER FORGET TO GIVE GOD THE GLORY AFTER THE BLESSING GOD BLESS!!!

wilmien

Posted at 3:51 AM on April 20, 2012

QI dnt know why bad things happens to good people we also lost our first born last year I gave birth at six months but he was to small and not fully developed and we are still trying but no sucsess yet.Any way hope things will work out for u guys even if it means adopting or surrogacy as long as u guys get what ur hearts are longing for…love u guys and can’t wait for the next season of G&B to find out if the 3th round of IVF worked….!

charley crummett

Posted at 2:12 PM on April 18, 2012

let me first say i am not a reality show watcher, nor a cryer and this show has turned both of them around. We also had trouble concieving but got very lucky with our first round of drug therapy. My heart aches for the trials this family has been through. Weather they use the surroget or adopt….this baby will be so loved and lucky. I have found the first hand that the longer the wait, the more aprreciative i was to get my beautiful daughter. I just watched this weeks episode and am dying to see next weeks as i sit here balling affraid of the pregnancy test results. Bill and guilliana will make great parents if that is whats meant. If not…they are so strong and loving their life can be fullfilled with the knowledge that they found each other. Good luck you guys!!!my heart and soul aches for you and i wish after watching this show i could just get you a baby….

kitty

Posted at 10:43 PM on April 17, 2012

Know matter how Gulliana and Bill has a child there going to be luck to have such a loving, caring, family. God be with you.

margaret

Posted at 10:36 PM on April 16, 2012

my beautiful couple just want to say don’t adopt God will give a baby when the time is right. I know baby it’s must have when you’re married but don’t worry God will provide but when the time is right for Him not for you. I watch your show everyday. I stay in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Love you always

Zach Bonani

Posted at 4:10 PM on April 19, 2012

Wow,that is exactly how i feel Margaret…I also feel like when the time is right-for God that is-He will give them a baby…It aches my heart to watch them suffer like that
But i couldnt agree with you more. Also from P.E by the way

Karlien

Posted at 10:17 AM on April 14, 2012

Gulliana and Bill are two people the world look’s up to. I think of you guys every day. I hope and whish your dream of becoming parents will come true. When you guys are sad, we are sad with you. Bill said, “in the end everything will be ok, and if it’s not ok, it is not the end”
Keep fighting Gulliana, you are a strong woman

Kind Regards
Karlien

Maymay

Posted at 12:06 PM on April 9, 2012

I think they shud adopt and stil consider ivf.

joanne

Posted at 5:35 AM on April 7, 2012

guiliana,strong woman,your baby,adopted or not,will be such a lucky child.i think a little girl for you so you can show her your strength.god bless.

Ilana

Posted at 10:25 AM on April 3, 2012

Giuliana and Bill are an amazing couple. I admire them so much. I just hope that one day I have a relationship as strong as they are.