Victoria Beckham's 'Harper's Bazaar' UK: My Body Is Average

Fri, March 30, 2012 4:40pm EDT by 9 Comments

The super thin star not only flaunts her post-baby body, but she insists her tiny frame represents the ‘general public.’ Though her photos are stunning — do you agree with her comment?

Posing for a 10-page spread in the May 2012 issue of Harper’s Bazaar UK, mommy-of-four Victoria Beckham has clearly lost any extra weight she gained since giving birth to 8-month-old daughter Harper. While she’s known as one of the skinniest stars in Hollywood, it’s a bit shocking to learn that the former Spice Girl thinks her slender body type represents the average woman.

In the surprising interview, the singer-turned-fashion-designer says she prefers to test her products on her own body, rather than going by how it looks on some young, tall model.

“We always joke that we have this fabulously gorgeous 17-year-old model who is six-foot-whatever and then I say ‘OK, I’m going to put it on. I stand for the general public here.’ It’s how I work,” she tells the mag.

She also adds that trying on clothes while sporting a baby bump wasn’t an easy thing for her.

“I found it really difficult when I was pregnant and I couldn’t do that. It’s part of the process – I’ll stand here in my knickers and start draping fabric over myself,” she says. “It was very hard when I didn’t have my body.”

What do YOU think of Victoria’s claims that her body represents the general public? Is she way off?

– Jennifer Velez

clinicas dentales alcala de henares

Posted at 8:49 AM on July 10, 2012

Me gusta tu site, lo he descubierto buscando por google y la verdad es que me encanta, lo voy a poner en favoritos y ahora mismo lo mando a facebook!!.he puesto en mi site un link a tu site. Mi blog tiene un PR de 4.saludetes!

dentista campinas, ortodontia campinas, ortodontista campinas, leonardi odonto, odontologia campinas,cirurgião dentista campinas, atm campinas,aparelho dental campinas,estetica dental, bruxismo

Posted at 7:23 PM on June 10, 2012

It’s appropriate time to make a few plans for the longer term and it’s time to be happy. I have learn this post and if I could I wish to recommend you few attention-grabbing issues or advice. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles regarding this article. I want to read more things approximately it!

e-liquids kaufen

Posted at 8:56 AM on June 9, 2012

It is truly a nice and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

Wordpress backlink builder

Posted at 6:37 PM on May 2, 2012

It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you simply shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

jaguar pc reviews

Posted at 9:05 AM on April 2, 2012

Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and in my opinion recommend to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this website.

Lexi

Posted at 12:26 AM on March 31, 2012

Of course in her world and the people she hangs around being that skinny is normal. In the real world NO WAY! I’m 135 and 5’7 I think that’s about normal.

jonsgram

Posted at 5:05 PM on December 16, 2013

Actually, 135 is the norm on a 5’7″ woman, as I am one myself and I checked. Others would say we are “fat” however. The celebrities and their bodies! And this Victoria saying how it was “when she had her body.” She ALWAYS “had her body!” She used it to carry, nourish, and birth a child as many of us do. She never LOST it. Do these clebs talking like that make you as riled as they make me? I couldn’t be a celeb – I’m too “normal!” Lol Take good care, and never let anyone tell you that there is a thing wrong with your size. Doctor’s charts say that we are the weight we NEED to be to be healthy for our height. Worst about all this is that young girls read these things and begin to think that, for instance, being 5″7″ and weighing 110 is “fat.” They become ill after a while, some even die. Remember Karen Carpenter? (God rest her soul.) Again, take care of YOU and have a Merry Christmas!

Christina

Posted at 8:56 PM on March 30, 2012

She lives in a world where she’s surrounded by extremely thin women. The wealthy women I see on a regular basis on Long Island and NYC are typically very very thin. It may be BDD or it may simply be lack of perspective.

Janet Smith

Posted at 8:07 PM on March 30, 2012

Of course she’s way off!!! She’s Victoria Beckham!!! She’s scary skinny and she’s normal??? LOL. I do love Posh though despite her body dysmorphic disorder. She’s made the most of what she’s got that girl. Go V!