'Teen Mom 2' Star Kailyn Lowry Gets Huge Back Tattoo

Thu, March 29, 2012 1:08pm EDT by 19 Comments

Kailyn Lowry is following in the footsteps of fellow Teen Moms, Maci Bookout and Jenelle Evans, by getting a huge back tattoo!

Teen Mom Kailyn Lowry is clearly not afraid of commitment! In addition to taking care of her 2-year-old son Isaac, holding down two jobs and going to school full time, the MTV star recently debuted a huge back tattoo that she plans to continue to work on until it’s finished.

Kail is not the only young mom with tattoos on the show. Maci and Jenelle are both known for their extensive back ink. While getting a large-scale tattoo may be the new trend among the Teen Mom crew, fans may wonder if getting inked sets a good example for their children.

What do you think of Kailyn’s new tatttoo, HollywoodLifers? Do you think she’s setting a bad example for her son?

Jennifer Kamm

More Teen Mom News

1. Jenelle Evans’ Angry Rant: My BFF ‘Sold Me Out’ To A Magazine
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Chelsea Houska Admits: Justin Bieber Is ‘Sexy’
  3. Win A Date With ‘Teen Mom’ Star Gary Shirley — Here’s How

Edith

Posted at 9:01 PM on June 23, 2012

god! its a tattoo !!!!!!!! shes not smoking crack!
the kids are gonna get tattoos if they want weather their moms have them or not!

and i love it !!!

ashley

Posted at 9:04 PM on May 13, 2012

ew

Rhonda LLewellyn

Posted at 10:54 PM on April 29, 2012

Oh Dear I really thought Kailyn was beyond doing something like this. I must say im rather disappointed in her for
going under the needle. im shocked and stunned. but i guess
shes young and thats what young ones do but stop there
kailyn no more please

natalie

Posted at 9:20 PM on April 24, 2012

Omg…. The tattoo is not done! And alot of you are haters she is pretty most def not fat.

natalie

Posted at 9:15 PM on April 24, 2012

she is a great hard working teen mom. You deserve to do something for yourself. Tattoo is going to look great when done.

Emily

Posted at 3:57 PM on April 12, 2012

I thought Kail has money issues…?

hello

Posted at 6:12 PM on April 4, 2012

in the show she is always saying she needs money well i guess she has money for a tatoo but not for her baby anyways its ugly

Cali

Posted at 9:38 PM on April 3, 2012

Well if you cant tell if this tatto is finished or not then you probably dont have any tattoos yourself. And if u do its probably a little butterfly on your ankle that took all of 20 mins to do. I think this is going to be a beautiful tattoo. And I also think just because a parent has tattoo makes them any less of a person. My husband and I have out sleeves done. I would like to consider myself an amazing mother :)

Rusty Shackleford

Posted at 1:10 PM on April 3, 2012

I hope the tattoo artist didn’t catch her herpes.

phoebe

Posted at 8:16 PM on March 31, 2012

Tattoos having nothing to do with the ability to parent, but that ink is ugly! I’m really confused as to what it is, can anyone see what’s going on? I think I see a bird and maybe the outline of some flowers, but not really sure. And doesn’t she only have one part time job? I go to the same school as her and I’m pretty sure she only does school part time too. Why out of all the girls does the media make Kailyn out to be the super mom

michelle

Posted at 9:00 PM on March 30, 2012

I have nothing against tatts, But its ugly!! Also how is it going to look when she moves and her back fat takes over! LOL

Melissa

Posted at 8:58 AM on March 30, 2012

I think spending money on a tattoo is irresponsible as a parent, especially when she has claimed that she can’t afford diapers at times. I guess nails, make up, hair, tattoos and plastic surgery come first for some of these teen moms.

Jessi

Posted at 1:07 PM on March 30, 2012

That’s because it’s a ruse. They are not struggling to buy diapers or anything else for that matter. I mean how many times does it even show them actually working a job on that show? They make more than enough being on television to cover any expenses they may have, and if any of them are struggling with money then they need to learn how to manage it better.

Kala

Posted at 6:18 PM on March 31, 2012

You know none of these girls are struggling for money for Christmas Kailyn got Uggs and there is a picture of one of Leahs girls wearing Uggs too. I don’t have kids and I still cant afford a pair of 200 dollar boots for myself! If they truly were struggling for money I’d feel bad for them but the fact that they all drive nice cars wear designer clothing and can afford huge ridiculous tattoos shows that in no way are any of these girls struggling and its not fair! Not a good example at all if I knew I could get pregnant at 16 and have everything paid for by MTV it would be kind of convincing!

ma2one

Posted at 8:51 AM on March 30, 2012

I don’t understand why everyone keeps saying “are they setting a bad example for their kids” by having tattoos. I have 10 tattoos and my parenting skills have never come into question. What is on your skin does not make up the type of person you are.

jessica

Posted at 9:15 PM on March 29, 2012

I think thats she’s woman enough to raise a child, work and go to school she’s woman enough to make her own choices about her own body!!

laa

Posted at 5:40 PM on March 29, 2012

Not really sure how having a tattoo has anything to do with her parenting skills. Plenty of parents have them, it doesn’t affect the way you are. Very stupid comments in that “article”

Kat

Posted at 3:57 PM on March 29, 2012

That’s one ugly tattoo. I would never put that s*** on me. Just saying.

Pee

Posted at 3:18 PM on March 29, 2012

I hope the tattoo isn’t finished yet :-/