Jessica Simpson's $2 Million Delivery — Bigger Than Beyonce's

Wed, March 28, 2012 1:56pm EST by 28 Comments
Jessica Simpson Birth

Jessica looks ready to pop, and when she does, it’s going to be a VERY pricy ordeal. We thought Blue Ivy’s birth was going to be the priciest of the year, but it looks like Jessica’s delivery will top it!

Jessica Simpson has rented out an entire hospital wing for the delivery of her daughter — just like Beyonce did in January. But the extravagance won’t end there. Find out how much she’s spending on all the birthing details!

Jessica, 31, won’t rely on hospital security to protect her little girl. She plans to hire no less than 30 armed guards because she’s so afraid of kidnapping, In Touch Weekly reports in its April 9 issue.

She also recently bragged that her baby will only fly private, and Maxwell has a $14,500 crib waiting for her. Not only that, but Jessica hired a look-alike to distract paparazzi on the big day — bringing her grand delivery total to $2 million!

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Is Jessica going overboard for Maxi’s birth?

– Kaydi Poirier

More Jessica Simpson News

1. Jessica Simpson’s Gained 50 lbs — Too Much Say Obstetricians
  2. Jessica Simpson’s Pregnancy Fashion: Her Big Hits & Major Disasters — See Pics
  3. Jessica Simpson Admits: ‘I’m READY To Push’

watch the video

Posted at 8:54 PM on May 24, 2012

hey there and thank you in your info ? I have certainly picked up something new from proper here. I did on the other hand expertise several technical issues the usage of this web site, since I skilled to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I have been wondering in case your web hosting is OK? No longer that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could harm your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am including this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much extra of your respective fascinating content. Make sure you replace this once more soon..

gigi

Posted at 8:54 PM on April 22, 2012

I really could care less if she rents out an entire wing. As long as she pays cash. Hospitals are closing right and left due to debt. Let her pay, I don’t care.

kucumber

Posted at 11:56 AM on April 13, 2012

I liked as much as you’ll receive performed right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you would like be delivering the following. unwell without a doubt come further in the past once more as exactly the same nearly very steadily inside case you defend this hike.

Kayla

Posted at 4:36 PM on April 11, 2012

I feel bad for all the other parents having children that day, in that hospital. It’s not right there is nothing special about her or that baby and I would sue the damn hospital. It shouldn’t be allowed.

Courtney

Posted at 11:56 AM on March 31, 2012

@Toooo you are wrong many celebs before Beyonce rented multiple rooms in a hospital when that had their child/children particularly if it was a neccessary premature delivery due to complications. Mariah Carey rented 7 rooms at UCLA Santa Monica when her twins were born a month early last year because she had pre eclampsis and gestational diabetes among other complications and she wasn’t investatigated for it. Jessica can’t have her baby at home due to complications so she wants the safest hospital environemnt possible espcially if her baby has to be in the nicu for breathing issues which are common when mom suffered from Polyhydramnios like she is. stop being so predictably idiotic theres more than cedars siani in los angeles or it’s surrounding areas UCLA Los Angeles UCLA Santa monica ect. the room B rented at Lenox Hill was 800 a night and she didn’t deliver Via c-section like Jessica has to so she was released faster about 36 hours later while a c section gets 3-5 days in the hospital depending on if there are complications after

helllokitty2142

Posted at 10:46 PM on March 30, 2012

Wow that’s so over the top!!! I don’t get why celebrities have to spent so much money on things… but I guess that’s what celebrities do.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted at 6:17 PM on March 30, 2012

why would anyone want to kidnap her baby?

Ann

Posted at 10:44 PM on March 29, 2012

Age ain’t nothing but a number for these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He is almost 10 years older than I. We met via ~~Agelessmeet .COM~~ a nice place for younger women and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other! Maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends :)

jessi

Posted at 8:13 PM on March 29, 2012

Is that the kid’s name? Maxi? That’s going to be quite an unfortunate name to have as an adolescent, but she probably won’t have to deal with many other kids growing up.

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted at 6:08 PM on March 29, 2012

And I agree with @SO WHAT!! Who the hell cares anyways!!! I mean most of us are struggling to make ends meet so to hear that someone is in a spending competion over a two or three day stay in a damn hospital is crazy!!!

Ericka

Posted at 2:54 PM on March 29, 2012

She obviously has too much money to know what makes sense and what does not…. she can send me money ANYTIME, I will gladly accept!

Tooooooo

Posted at 12:21 PM on March 29, 2012

When you have someone who has already done something and then someone comes behind them and tries to out do them you can’t!!! Beyonce was first and now Jessica wasn’t to top her but you can’t doll.. The only way for you to have done that would have been to come up with something original and this definitely isn’t it, it’s already been done!!! You can spend more but it’s still not topping B you just spending more money for nothing!!

So What?

Posted at 12:01 PM on March 29, 2012

I don’t understand why people even care? Hospitals are businesses. Why is it so shocking for a business to act like a business? Isn’t the whole point of a business to try to get as much money as possible? If they can make millions of dollars off of one person for doing less work, why wouldn’t they? Of course they would! It isn’t just celebrities getting this “special treatment”, it happens everywhere. The more you pay, the more you get. Why do people expect hospitals to be any different? If you don’t like the way hospitals operate or you don’t want to be  inconvenienced by this kind of thing stay home or go to another hospital. Have your baby at home.. I doubt this is true, but then again if it is, it is actually a good thing somewhat. It brings in more revenue for the hospital. Revenue they can use for repairs, new equipment, and for their charity programs. Why is it so shocking that someone wants to throw away money and a business wants to take it? Doesn’t that happen everyday every where?

Zelda

Posted at 8:54 AM on March 29, 2012

I had my babies at home. With a midwife. I cannot imagine what a chaotic mess that will be. Labor is to be quiet and calming for the mama and I think that would be hard to do with all these people around. I also don’t think it is fair to be able to rent out a wing to a hospital. So the other laboring moms are not as important? Those babies don’t matter as much? Gag.

lemonlemon

Posted at 3:59 PM on March 29, 2012

sorry, i get that they are celebs and all but why is it necessary to rent out an entire hospital wing, when there are other babies that could be safely born? some people can be such self absorbed snobs. it pisses me off how someone can make a competition out of how much $$ you spend on your childs birth. of all things in this world!! if ur spending alot of $ for ur baby being born then good for u but if u are just doing it for the publicity then gtfo. pathetic >.<

sweetheart

Posted at 8:33 PM on March 28, 2012

wow i would rather have the money for my baby after shes born, i mean you can be safe and not spend so much.
now days no one can get your baby but you with the braclets on you and the baby at the hosp.
come on get back down to earth here.
i think this is a lie.
be safe jess can’t wait to see your little one. :)

Me

Posted at 8:07 PM on March 28, 2012

She’s probably just trying to outdo Beyonce, i mean i bet she wouldnt have done that if Beyonce didnt spend so much money on HER delivery. Copycat. And telling the whole world she’s hiring a lookalike to distract paparazzi is so stupid. What’s the point if your just going to brag?

Jaybeefan

Posted at 6:51 PM on March 28, 2012

It’s a LIE, Beyonce only rent ONE Private room with her own security. Also it’s a LIE, about people complaining also, two people who heard about it in the media decided to complain either of them attended the hospital or every been to NY. Jessica Simpson, just want publicity and to bring Beyonce name into it at the same time. Let Bee enjoy her Beautiful child.

LittleMo

Posted at 7:55 PM on March 28, 2012

You forgot to mention how many rooms had the walls knocked down to make Beyonce’s “one” room. And other parents were turned away from the Pediatric ICU because of her and JayZ. Those parents and babies were every bit as important as BI. The hospital was dead wrong to allow it. Just as the hospital renting out an entire floor to JS is wrong. I wonder how many babies won’t be delivered there because of the selfishness of Jessica Simpson.

Come on

Posted at 3:36 PM on March 28, 2012

Who cares if Jessica Simpson wants a lavish delivery. Let her have one. I care even LESS about Beyonce’s delivery who probably didn’t even give birth to that baby. Can anyone say surrogate??

Kelvin

Posted at 3:07 PM on March 28, 2012

Jessica simpson name one person who wants your baby….I’ll wait!

Rhonda

Posted at 2:56 PM on March 29, 2012

Wow, Kelvin that’s rather mean. What did she ever do to you?

barb

Posted at 2:50 PM on March 28, 2012

copy cat!! anything to keep urself in the spotlight cuz u got no signing career! u cant think of something better to do with 2 mil? maybe invest it in ur childs future cuz who knows how the world is going to be for the next generation!

wtf

Posted at 2:41 PM on March 28, 2012

I understand maybe Beyonce having a 2 million dollar delivery but Jessica. Is she even still a celebrity.

Jonie

Posted at 12:41 PM on March 29, 2012

Jessica Simpson is actually worth close to a “billion dollars.” Yes, “b” for billion. Her shoes, accessories etc., have made her very wealthy. So she is more wealthy than most singers to say the least, even Beyonce. Look it up.

S.C

Posted at 1:17 PM on March 28, 2012

Wow thats a little overboard for the birth of a baby and am i the only one who thinks Maxwell sounds more like a boys name than a girls?

Rhonda

Posted at 2:53 PM on March 29, 2012

That is what I thought initially thought, too. However, after some investigating I discovered that Maxwell is the surname in her fiancé’s family. It is his grandmother’s side I believe. They are planning on calling her “Maxi” for short. I think that is a great name and then honors his family as well.

lol

Posted at 12:48 PM on March 28, 2012

THis is one of the most insane bogs to date. Seriously but people will buy into & it just keeps the controversey going doesn’t it.

Now lets face it & be real. Jessica I am sure would & should have privacy as any other delivering woman & yes probably security & well needed security but this is just rediculous & for one moment I do NOT think Jess is all about what is written here.. Its insane but it does setup the next plotted stories for the media on where we go next for the next story line..
Media is completley nuts. The more bizarre the story the more hits & feeding frenzy & that is the bottom line. I sincerely hope she can pull off a healthy delivery for MOM & Baby & be home before anyone knows she deleivered.