Alicia Silverstone Chewing Her Son's Food Is Dangerous & Unhealthy, Experts Say

Wed, March 28, 2012 2:27pm EDT by 7 Comments
Loading video...

Alicia admits she likes chewing her son’s food like a bird, but an expert tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively she could be passing bacteria and viruses to her 11-month-old!

Actress, animal rights activist and health food blogger Alicia Silverstone shocked (and grossed out) everyone when she posted a video her herself feeding her son Bear Blu… with her mouth. She says the tot loves eating mouth-to-mouth, but Dr. Aaron M. Soeprono, DDS at Meridian Dental tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively that Alicia could be giving her son dangerous viruses and disease!

“Any time there’s mouth-to-mouth contact between a mother and their baby it’s going to pass bacteria and possibly viruses,” Dr. Soeprono tells us. “Also if the mother has periodontal disease, that can unhealthy bacteria that can cause bone destruction. I would advise against it.”

Other experts agree — it’s not advisable. “There are those who think that a mom chewing a baby’s food provides helpful enzymes from her mouth, but it doesn’t seem like a hygienic practice,” nutritionist Dr. Jennifer Landa told FoxNews. “Various viruses and bacteria, but especially herpes virus, may be passed from mother to baby. These microbes present a challenge that the infant’s immune system may not be ready for.”

Besides the health risks, there’s other downsides to Alicia’s strange feeding method. During an appearance on The Today Show, Dr. Nancy Snyderman said Alicia’s son should be learning skills like how to chew on his own and feed himself! “There’s no benefits and certainly a lot of downsides,” she says.

HollyMoms, what do YOU think of Alicia’s feeding method? Icky or normal?

-Reporting by Chloe Melas

More Alicia Silverstone:

1. Alicia Silverstone Chews Food For Her 11-Month-Old Bear Blu
  2. Mariah Carey’s Son Moroccan Tops 2011′s Worst Celeb Baby Name List
  3. Alicia Silverstone Is Back In Pre-Baby Shape THREE Months After Giving Birth!

videos gratis

Posted at 1:12 PM on May 22, 2012

Awesome things here. I’m very happy to see your article. Thanks so much and I am taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

Septimo Arte

Posted at 12:16 PM on May 16, 2012

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have learn this publish and if I may just I desire to recommend you few attention-grabbing issues or advice. Maybe you could write next articles regarding this article. I want to learn more issues approximately it!

Global Opportunity

Posted at 1:13 AM on May 9, 2012

Wow, fantastic weblog structure! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you make running a blog look easy. The whole look of your web site is magnificent, as neatly as the content material!

Poetry

Posted at 9:52 AM on May 1, 2012

Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my website thus i came to go back the prefer?.I’m attempting to to find things to enhance my web site!I guess its adequate to make use of some of your ideas!!

Bronco46

Posted at 8:14 PM on March 28, 2012

This woman has clearly lost her mind. If anyone outside of hollywood was found to be doing this, she would deemed an unfit parent. Where is child protective service on this? Apparently wacky names are enough in hollywood anymore. The thinking in places like hollywood and San Francisco are become so inbred; with no common sense coming in from the outside; they are getting completely nutty out there.

Laura

Posted at 4:42 AM on April 12, 2012

I grew up with my family chewing up food for kids so I dont understand the big deal really!! We are all alive, no one got sick and the kids got fed! Honestly, you guys blow everything out of proportion.

Laura

Posted at 4:45 AM on April 12, 2012

I should point out though that we didnt do it mouth to mouth….it was done with the parent taking the chewed food from their mouth and placing it in the childs.