Christie Brinkley Breaks Down On 'Today' Over Her Ex-Husband

Tue, March 27, 2012 9:58am EDT by 7 Comments

Christie sat down with Matt Lauer to talk about her return to Broadway on March 27 but when the discussion turned to her ex Peter Cook and their intense post-divorce fighting, she started to cry!

Christie Brinkley just can’t hold the tears back anymore. The 58-year-old mother of three appeared on The Today Show and began to cry when talking to Matt Lauer about her battle with her ex-husband Peter Cook. Christie said Peter is an “extreme narcissist” and she’s asked the court to protect her and keep him from contacting her.

“Legislation that protects families from a spouse who has been diagnosed by the court-appointed forensic psychiatrist as a bona fide malignant or extreme narcissist,” she explained. “This is something the courts need to come to grips with.”

Christie went on to say that Peter refuses to just pay his minimal $1,800 a month in child support and that he continues to harass her.

“I just want peace for my family,” she cried. “I just want peace and every time and any time I have any joy or any kind of success [Peter] has to try and destroy it. And the courts need to learn how to deal with this kind of situation.”

— Chloe Melas

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Heather

Posted at 1:06 PM on June 22, 2012

Shame on you Matt Lauer..you are a tyrant!

Poetry

Posted at 5:57 AM on May 1, 2012

I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this website. Studying this information So i’m glad to express that I have a very good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot certainly will make sure to don?t forget this web site and provides it a look on a constant basis.

pennsy

Posted at 1:11 AM on March 28, 2012

Matt Lauer interviewed a model about personal problems as if she were a threat to national security. Such intense, humorless nastiness! This wasn’t an entertainment interview, as she had intended, but a lesson in journalistic bullying. He kept implying that she really doesn’t care about her children.
Makes me pity his wife….

appalled

Posted at 3:41 PM on March 27, 2012

Matt Lauer should go back to journalism school, but on the way, stop off at a psychologist’s office and get some understanding of his underlying anger issues and/or defensiveness about someone calling her husband a narcissist. I’ve never seen such an abusive, inconsiderate interview in my life!!! Ridiculous that Christie Brinkley has taken the high road for all these years about a divorce that was sparked by her husband’s affair with a teenager, and this has to be her first foray into trying to clarify what has obviously been an ongoing and very difficult situation. Shame on you Matt Lauer!

gutsygirl

Posted at 12:13 PM on March 27, 2012

A). Matt led off the conversation about her divorce and she wasn’t permitted to talk about her show.
B). Matt never went after Peter the way he did Christie.
C). Let’s ask Matt’s kids how it’s been at his house since they have well-known marriage troubles.
D). My sympathy to Matt’s wife.

Kim

Posted at 11:19 AM on March 27, 2012

Matt Lauer was an insensitive jerk during his interview with Christie Brinkley. He was borderline abusive. He needs to get off his high horse.

AgelessMeet.COM

Posted at 10:36 AM on March 27, 2012

____________”Ageléssméét.С0М______________

↑↑↑↑ It’s- the- most-effective-site in the world to connect with,date and marry— age -gap people.