'90210' Recap: The Birth Of 'Siam' & 5 More Epic Moments

Tue, March 27, 2012 11:38pm EDT by 31 Comments

Naomi gets engaged, Liam gets naked & Vanessa gets exposed — Seriously, could you ask for a more perfect episode of ‘90210’?

If you think you heard someone scream “finally!” between the hours of 8 and 9 p.m. on March 27, chances are it was the desperate cry of a 90210 fan, as this week’s episode was bursting with key moments we’ve waited weeks to see. I can’t say enough good things about the episode, so I’ll just break down my six favorite moments.

1. Liam’s side boob & the official birth of “Siam”:

We’ve watched the sexual tension build up between Liam (Matt Lanter) and Silver (Jessica Stroup) over the past few weeks, and while I was hesitant to accept them at first, their final scene this week totally won me over. It was especially hot because of their similar heights and haircuts. If you blurred your vision, it sort of looked like one person hooking up with a clone — and that’s a couple just twisted enough to ship.

2. Annie’s surprising moment of self-awareness:

I’d take a bullet for Annie (Shenae Grimes), but that doesn’t mean I think she’s a good person. In fact, she’s pretty much the worst, which is why I loved that Annie finally acknowledged her moral shortcomings this week. “I’m pretty sure I’m already going to hell,” she admitted. “No need to add to it by de-frocking a priest.”

I also love the irony of Annie falling for a priest (Robert Hoffman). If you think about it, we’ve basically seen her break all Ten Commandments — killing Jasper’s uncle, cheating on Charlie with Liam, and stealing Jeremy’s phone are a few stand-out moments — so at least she and Caleb will have lots to talk about in Confession.

3. Navid’s stylish return & Adrianna’s Princess Leia hair:

Michael Steger told me Navid was going to look different when he returned to the show, but I had no idea he was going to look like he just escaped from the cover of GQ. I really liked the new Navid, almost as much as liked the Star Wars-inspired hair Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) deemed suitable for Raj’s (Manish Dayal) funeral. Maybe if she’d gone for a more traditional look, Dixon (Tristan Wilds) wouldn’t have ditched her to join Haley Reinhart on tour. (Feel better soon, Tristan!)

4. Vanessa FINALLY gets her comeuppance:

Let me make one thing clear: Liam is not stupid. It just takes a long time for information to reach his brain through all those layers of pretty. That said, I’m glad he finally put two and two (and two) together and realized what a heinous bitch Vanessa (Arielle Kebbel) really is. Too bad she ran off with all of his dollars!

5. Naomi’s engagement (and Annie’s subsequent stank-face):

Sure, it’s crazy for Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) and P.J. (Nick Zano) to be thinking about marriage after one week of actually dating, but at the very least it’ll make for an interesting season finale. Plus, I’ll take any chance I can get to see Annie give one of her classic judgmental faces. If she didn’t have such a hideous criminal record, I’d say Annie should think about becoming a judge for real someday.

6. The gang’s Secret Circle-style wake for Raj:

This had to have been my favorite scene of the night. 90210 is really at its best when the whole gang comes together for a common purpose, and that’s exactly what we got with Raj’s wake. Naomi was petty and selfish; Navid was honest and sincere; and Annie chimed in with something that made me wonder if she and Raj have ever actually met. I’m still not convinced.

And now for the questions this week’s episode left us with: Will Naomi go through with the wedding when she learns the truth about P.J.’s situation? Was Ivy’s late-night surfing excursion a suicide attempt? And does Silver really have the cancer gene? (Or, you know, is she just pregnant?) New episodes don’t return until April 24, so drop me a comment with your predictions for the future!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more 90210 updates

Jessica

Posted at 3:26 PM on June 3, 2012

Just been reading further down and someone mentioned about Annie stating friends don’t date friends ex-boyfriends, well that’s rather hypocritical of her since she has dated Ethan and Liam who are both of Naomi’s ex-boyfriends.
They have all pretty much slept with each other albeit Silver trumps her mates in the bed notches. Let’s have a re-cap of the friend pool only.
Naomi = Ethan, Liam & Teddy
Annie = Ethan & Liam
Adrianna = Naveed & Dixon
Silver = Dixon, Teddy, Naveed & Liam
Ivy = Dixon (fancied Liam but Liam declined)
It seems Naomi finds the guys and the rest of the girls are second best!

Mary

Posted at 5:30 PM on April 2, 2012

Omg Silver dated everyone of the gang now…Dixon, Navid and now even Liam :D
I still like her though !

Mary

Posted at 5:34 PM on April 2, 2012

I forgot, there even was something going on with Ethan :D

Mary

Posted at 5:37 PM on April 2, 2012

and Teddy !!

Amy

Posted at 12:26 AM on April 4, 2012

I miss teddy! Where has he been I forgot :/

ilona

Posted at 5:21 AM on March 30, 2012

Caleb and Annie are so cute. Not Lannie cute, but still very charming.
Liam and Silver …ugh,I don’t even want to comment it.I only hope their hook up doesn’t mean Silver gets pregnant , because that will ruin show for me. I can survive Liam being a slut,them having sex after 3 episode but giving them baby material while audience despise them so much is just wrong. I remember reading so much articles where Lannie fans where hoping Liam and Annie getting married or having a child, all the hopes of fanbase will be crushed by a couple which appeared 3 episodes ago and isn’t even welcomed by viewers.

I think episode was good, would be perfect if there was Lannie and was no Siam at all. They ruin this show, I don’t understand why writers ignore all the hate they get. If I would be one, I would take a note. After all it’s people who set your ratings.
To be honest I never saw any other show treating main fanbase like 90210 does with Lannie. It simply doesn’t make sense. Lannie is main reason why people even speak about this show :/

Amy

Posted at 12:29 AM on April 4, 2012

Word.

Chloe

Posted at 5:15 AM on March 30, 2012

I think you just typed in every thing I was thinking about. I love your recaps, but this one is by far the best!

amy

Posted at 5:09 AM on March 30, 2012

It’s official , the worst couple in history of televison happened – Silver and Liam. I can’t with them…I adore Lannie,but even despite that I tried to like Siam, but I just can’t …. there is nothing there to like. No chemistry at all, they are absolutely random,forced and just stupid. I feel like we are forced to believe this one night stand means much, but it just doesn’t. When did they even felt the connection? after first words they shared ? it’s so ridiculous,considering they’ve been in same group for 4 years. Another reason I don’t like them is the way they look together – absolutely ugly. Silver looks more like his older sister, not girlfiend. I know we are meant to believe they are hot, but I simply don’t see it. And the whole way how Silver jumped on Liam after finding out she might have cancer, like if people are capable of such things when find out something as terrible. She has no respect for Annie,Navid, duh even Vanessa. No matter how bad Liam’s gf was, it still didn’t bother Silver to hug Liam at each conner. She’s just such a HOE.

Amy

Posted at 12:34 AM on April 4, 2012

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING! Honestly I love Silver I always have… But thinking about it now. Shes honestly such a bad friend. Has she EVER heard of the term hoes before bros? She steals all of her friends boyfriends, shes just so sneaky. She uses pity and her personal problems to get them or something. But, after Liam I just can’t stand her anymore. I can’t feel bad for her for the cancer because of the hookup with Liam RIGHT AFTER. UGH IM SO MADDD.

cassie23

Posted at 4:49 AM on March 30, 2012

I don’t find anything hot in Siam. None of them look either sexy or even cute. The feeling they’ve burned in me was disgust. And I’m saying it not because I’m blind Lannie shipper. But because I really don’t find them or their hook up scene hot, I’m not even saying about being likable couple.

mia

Posted at 4:42 AM on March 30, 2012

How could word “epic” be used in same context with “Siam” that is a DISRESPECT. The worst thing ever happened to this show is 2 whores reuniting.

rana

Posted at 8:24 PM on March 29, 2012

i don’t give a shit about lannie :s they were a baaaaaad match , i <3 siam they are soooooo freakin' hot together ! :D

naomi

Posted at 7:57 PM on March 29, 2012

So true, they so have to bring back Annie and Liam, not a Siver fan!!

toni

Posted at 6:52 PM on March 29, 2012

There was nothing hot about Silver and Liam. All I did was roll my eyes. First where was the buildup. 3 episodes? Second she’s the group slut whose been through the entire group of guys its disgusting. Liam is a pathetic character as well. He’s soooooo stupid.

I’m finished with 90210. Ill only return when they reunite Liam and Annie. The ONLY pair with proper buildup.

Down with Siam!

sanaa

Posted at 5:10 PM on March 29, 2012

I’ll never chip siam ,i need Lannie back “i hate silver, she’s a snark”

nnr

Posted at 9:39 AM on March 29, 2012

i know this is a show and all- but why the need to make silver such a floozy? I think she has been with every male lead on the show at one time or another.

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:22 PM on March 29, 2012

I feel like Silver has been with as many guys as Liam has been with girls. Plus, as someone pointed out to me on Twitter, she IS Kelly Taylor’s sister. ;)

h8er

Posted at 8:28 AM on March 29, 2012

can we have Lannie back ? we don’t want gross Siam

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:24 PM on March 29, 2012

I’ve considered myself a die-hard Lannie fan (“Fannie” if you will), but I can’t deny that Silver & Liam are hot together.

mimi

Posted at 12:49 PM on November 2, 2012

yeah thats true i don’t want siam i want lannie

kiss

Posted at 8:27 AM on March 29, 2012

Silver needs to die

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:24 PM on March 29, 2012

Way harsh, Ty.

mimi

Posted at 12:50 PM on November 2, 2012

yes let her die!

Sarah

Posted at 1:16 AM on March 29, 2012

I don’t want Dixon and Ade to end! oh and disappear Vanessa!!!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:25 PM on March 29, 2012

OK, “disappear Vanessa” is a cause I can get behind.

MP

Posted at 1:08 AM on March 29, 2012

Definitely not a Siam fan. I can’t take Silver seriously anymore, i’m surprised she didn’t pounce on Raj before he passed (the only guy in the group she hasn’t been with…oh and Austin). If Silver truly cherished her friendship with Annie she would never have gotten with Liam…friends don’t date friends ex boyfriends as Annie once said. Last night’s episode was fantastic aside from their hook up though! Could not be happier that Vanessa has legged it. And poor Ade. Hopefully they bring back LANNIE before the finale..although it’s seeming impossible at this stage. Annie has had the worst like in the male department…she needs to get with Liam or the hot Step Up 2 Priest asap

A

Posted at 12:51 AM on March 29, 2012

AUSTIN NEEDS TO COME BACK AND TAKE NAOMI FROM PJ!!!! I miss Austin so much and him and Naomi as a couple.
I think they are trying to hook up as many pairs as they can think of within the group ha ha now with this Silver and Liam thing. I was a bit hesitant at first but now I kind of get it. Siam is growing on me.

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:25 PM on March 29, 2012

Don’t worry, he’ll be back soon! :)

mimi

Posted at 12:47 PM on November 2, 2012

i love lannie i hate siam!!

mimi