Baby Boy Found Abandoned In The Lobby Of NYC Apartment Building

Mon, March 26, 2012 5:48pm EDT by 7 Comments
Baby Abandoned

Police are still on the hunt for a mother who left her baby boy in the lobby of a Brooklyn apartment!

A boy thought to be between two and three months old was discovered in a car seat with his diaper bag next to him by a Sunset Park resident who was taking out her trash around 2 p.m. on March 24, according to the New York Post.

“It’s very cruel,” says Reggie Chan, 17, who lives in the building. “It was crying with a vivid voice and sneezing a little bit — probably because it was a little cold and chilly today.”

Chen Ling, 60, discovered the tot. “I felt broken-hearted and very concerned for the child,” she says. “I hope the parents will realize their mistake for abandoning their child like that.”

The baby is in good health, but police are still searching for the parents.

More HollyBaby news:

1. Mother Who Killed Self & 3 Daughters In Missouri Murder-Suicide Battled Depression
  2. Two-Year-Old Declared Brain Dead After Aunt’s Abuse Makes Astonishing Recovery
  3. Mom Kills Her Three Young Daughters & Self In Roadside Shooting

nancy

Posted at 12:42 PM on June 27, 2012

Why would they search for the parents? They did the better thing here. At least they didn’t kill or starve this poor thing. Feds need to leave it at that and find the boy a new, loving home.

anon

Posted at 2:36 AM on May 12, 2012

Wait, why are they only searching for the mother? What about the father? I mean, why do people automatically jump to the conclusion that the mother holds ALL responsibilities for the child? What if some single dad dumped his kid? I really don’t like how in cases of negligence, mothers are often more harshly viewed than fathers, it reflects poorly on what society expects of fathers.

anita

Posted at 7:05 AM on May 8, 2012

how the hell can people call themselves fit parents when they do sick things like this.Gets me mad.The poor thing deserves a loving family that will give him what he deserves to get

Kris

Posted at 4:25 PM on April 1, 2012

at least she left him where people could find him vs throwing him in a trash can like other mothers do.

Marilyn colon

Posted at 8:44 PM on March 31, 2012

I am truly broken hearted I have 2 kids my daughter that is 2years old an my baby boy who just turn 2 months it’s a blessing from god 2 have kids I just hope he gets a loving family All I can do is think of him my heart is in a million piece I just hope when they find her she pays 4 what she did I will pray 4 him every morning an night

grsghgh

Posted at 3:32 PM on March 30, 2012

i would take the baby. i am really good with them. :D

Lisa

Posted at 9:20 AM on March 27, 2012

Could anyone ever think maybe something happened to the mother? A baby in a carrier, with a diaper bag? Clearly it was taken care of, and loved.

If there was a note (which no one told us) then yes, she/he could of left the child, and it’s a horrible thing. But without that information, people need to consider other alternatives. Js.