'Desperate Housewives' Recap: Does Tom Still Love Lynette?

Sun, March 25, 2012 10:26pm EDT by 12 Comments

Plus, the evidence continues to mount against Bree! At least she’ll have the cleanest jail cell on the block.

After two weeks of shocks, tears and changes, the March 25 episode of Desperate Housewives found the women of Wisteria Lane doing exactly what they do best: meddling in other people’s lives! Susan (Teri Hatcher) helped her son handle his anger, Bree (Marcia Cross) broke up her son’s engagement, Gaby (Eva Longoria) got paid to tell strangers what to wear, and Lynette (Felicity Huffman) tried to reel Tom (Doug Savant) back into her life. But did it work?

Sort of! Lynette tricked Tom into coming over for a candlelit dinner, and a stroll down memory lane, but it all blew up in her face when she accidentally lit Tom’s arm on fire. When she turned on the light, he realized her power had been working the whole time, and stormed out. But back at the apartment, he turned down sex with Jane because he “had to get some work done.” Could this be a sign he’s seen the error of his ways?

Meanwhile, Bree was shocked when Andrew (Shawn Pyfrom) returned home with his new fiancée — yes, that’s right. With two e’s. Andrew announced he was engaged to a woman, and when Bree realized they were only together for convenience, she rounded up a gaggle of Andrew’s best gays to remind him of the huge mistake he was making. I’d love to see season-one Bree have a conversation with season-eight Bree sometime; they’re completely different people!

And even though Gaby gave Carlos (Ricardo Chavira) her blessing to pursue a more rewarding career, she wasn’t quite ready to return to life on a budget. Thankfully, she found a way to channel her obsession with shopping into a full-time job as — what else — a personal shopper at her favorite department store! I know we’re supposed to be proud of how far Gaby has come, but that job was totally handed to her. And it’s barely a job. I remain unimpressed.

I was, however, impressed by Susan this week. MJ has been acting up since Mike (James Denton) died, and while she didn’t want to deal with the problem at first, she eventually figured out a way to channel his anger into something more productive: art!

Oh, and remember that whole murder investigation going on? Well, Bree’s latest conversation with Ben (Charles Mesure) was overheard by a few friendly neighborhood wire-tappers. Something tells me she’ll be watching the series finale from a jail cell.

What did you think of this week’s episode? Do you think there’s still hope for Tom and Lynette? Do you think Bree will end up behind bars by series’ end? And who knew Fairview had such a hoppin’ gay scene? Hit up the comments section with all your thoughts!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Desperate Housewives updates

promovare site,promovare,seo,optimizare SEO,motoare de cautare,anunturi online,trafic site,promovare web,promovare firme

Posted at 4:30 PM on May 15, 2012

Awesome issues here. I am very glad to see your post. Thanks so much and I am having a look forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

seanna

Posted at 9:21 AM on May 10, 2012

i hope they do hopefully

elliot

Posted at 2:15 PM on May 9, 2012

does anybody know the tune that was been played in this episode at andrews party

LeeLeo

Posted at 5:35 AM on April 5, 2013

I’ve been trying to find out the name of that song too for a long time now. It’s not listed in the episode’s music credits, as far as I can tell. No luck. :(

Abby

Posted at 11:53 PM on April 5, 2012

Okay well first I think tom and lynette need to get back together! If they dont I’ll be upset in the way it ended.. Yes I see where lynette was.controlling but thats all wives in some way or.another! Then tom being a butt hole about it all. Ahhh. Makes me wanna scream!
Second mike :( it was very upsetting to see him shot and die. He had a son mj… And a loving wife susan . I wish it would have been ben or someone else. Not mike!! He and susan had a thing from the start and they were so inlove.
Third bree she is a slut…. All her morals are now trash although I do love her character.
Gabby is amazing. She loves but shes still self centered. Her and carlos are great! The murder couple. But he did it to protect his wife and he is proud.of it. I wish the episodes werent far apart.as.they are it sucks
Overall this is one of my favorite shows and I hate to see that its ending. I love the drama and the real life connections. Great show. Tom better rip up them divorce papers though!! Lol

ann gibson

Posted at 4:30 PM on April 16, 2012

does anyone know when the show will be back on its been two weeks and i checked and its not on next sunday whats up waiting

Lee

Posted at 5:29 AM on April 5, 2013

jessica

Posted at 11:43 AM on April 4, 2012

team lynette

GC

Posted at 10:17 PM on March 26, 2012

Grr. I totally hate Jane’s character. She is so wrong for Tom! I am totally team Lynette. At first, the writers made Jane seem like a nice person. The more the episodes went on though, it seemed like Jane was inserting herself in places where she truly shouldn’t be.

I like the last episode where Jane tried to turn Penny, but Penny was a double agent! She was already working for her Mom to try to bring her Mom and Dad back together. It was fantastic. Outgaming the doctor!

I do like how the storyline between Tom and Lynette is getting more nuanced. Having them fight all the time wasn’t interesting. I really hope they get back together. They seem perfect for one another.

Jasmine

Posted at 2:44 PM on March 26, 2012

Susan and MJ always make me cry :(

David Viger

Posted at 12:23 PM on March 26, 2012

Ben was wearing a wire for cops

Kris

Posted at 3:28 PM on April 12, 2012

Lynette has been controlling all along. Why didn’t it make Tom want to leave before? Perfectly fine to have his back and run the show so he can go through umpteen flights of fancy and be the good cop and now he’s where he wants to be and the same personality trait that helped him get as far is all sorts of wrong?