Robert Pattinson Must Play An 'Ugly' Character To Be Successful

Fri, March 23, 2012 3:38pm EST by 44 Comments
Robert Pattinson

Robert Pattinson hasn’t ever been anything but supremely handsome in his films, which is why a leading Los Angeles casting director tells HollywoodLife.com he should choose a role like Charlize Theron in ‘Monster’ to gain respect in the acting world

We know Robert Pattinson best as the overwhelmingly gorgeous vampire, Edward Cullen, in Twilight. Even though his next two films — Bel Ami and Cosmopolis — do push boundaries in the sense they are more risque, one casting director believes the 25-year-old actor must choose his next role wisely — and that it should be a complete departure from what he’s done in the past.

“Rob made an excellent choice when he decided to work with David Cronenberg in Cosmopolis,” Executive Casting Director and President of Doron Ofir Casting Doron Ofir tells us. “Although he gets down and dirty in the film by going crazy and having lots of sex, he is still playing the part of a heart throb. It’s a role that females would love to see him in.”

Instead of being the handsome hunk, Doron suggests Rob dirty himself…literally.

“If I were managing Rob, I would find a really gritty role for him — a role that makes it difficult for us to watch him,” he says. “He needs that ‘Oh my God’role! There is something really compelling about seeing someone you love become someone you are afraid of or disgusted by. It’s the Charlize Theron example of when she starred in Monster. She was able to prove to the world that she was much more than a pretty face. This is what I mean when I say Rob has to dirty himself up.”

That said, Andrea Rueda of Andrea Rueda Casting suggests Rob take on an incredible likable character, one who is more relatable than Edward or his Cosmopolis character.

“What people really want is to feel that they could be the character that is portrayed on screen,” she says. “But we have to root for him. A film like Jerry Maguire would be perfect. A man that is so great at his job but bad at love but by the end he realizes what is good in life without taking the normal romantic comedy route.”

There’s also an important group of people who Rob needs to charm — and it’s not teenage girls.

“He really needs to do a film where guys like him, I don’t think he has done that yet,” Andrea explains. “Guys like Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio. I don’t think Robert has that fan base yet and should really attempt to grab that as his career continues.”

We’re still in suspense waiting to hear what Rob’s next project is, but agree with both of these points: we’d love to see him really test his acting in a “gritty” role, and definitely  in a fun comedy too.

Reporting by Sandra Clark & Russ Weakland

More Robert Pattinson News

1. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Are Intensely Connected In New Pics, Says Expert
  2. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Will Be Together Forever, Close Source Reveals
  3. New ‘Breaking Dawn, Part 2′ Teaser Trailer: See Vampire Bella In Action

รับดูแลผู้สูงอายุ

Posted at 11:56 AM on November 4, 2014

Hello to every body, it’s my first go to see of this
web site; this web site contains amazing and truly excellent material designed for readers.

Monika

Posted at 1:12 AM on August 1, 2012

It’s said to b wrong that he is next leo, oh! C’mon wake up leo is not that much old he is not even 40, and who says that all the teeager girl is only fan of rob, i love both, infact these two r my only favourite but Leo is 1% more than Rob..

Pattz Fan

Posted at 12:42 AM on March 26, 2012

To begin with I was not a twilight fan,I was walking into my kitchen when i heard this beautiful voice on tv,my dad was watching twilight on showtime,the end scene where he’s signing let me sign,i sat an watched the end of the movie an the credits just to know the artist of that song,needless to say i wound buying the movies an loved them. But I also saw Remember Me and thought his performance was awesome as well as his performance in Water for Elephants. I think Robs real fans will support him no matter what he does. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this garbage ppl keep printing. Yes Rob is definitely got sex appeal and i will tell yu why…if yu have ever paid attn. To his interviews he’s so down to earth,he’s true to himself an doesn’t give two hoots what ppl think,but he’s not an arsehole about it which i love. His personality is what makes him. I can only wish Rob,Kristen and their families all the best. I think he’s an amazing talent an I will support him. And although i enjoy the twilight series,i am pumped to see him in Cosmopolis,&Bel-Ami. Really some ppl have nothing better to do than to print such crap. And furthermore i tend

michi

Posted at 2:02 PM on March 25, 2012

Personally I feel if he was to stop acting from today on I would still love him the same. I don’t need to see him do any more than he wants to. Remember he also can do his singing if he likes. He already stated that he can’t do comedy so I don’t expect to see him doing that any time soon. Like I said what ever he decides is fine with me….

ginny

Posted at 12:04 PM on March 25, 2012

I would love for Rob to break out of the Edward mold. I think Bel Ami will help this along. and I already know the critics are going to trash him.
I saw Remember Me and altho it wasnt ground breaking cinema it still had a good story behind it.
and I dont know why there was so much flak about it being built around the tragedy of 9/11. It was a part of our lives and altho Rob was in the movie the critics were all acting like it was his fault that the movie ended the way it did.
I would love to see him in a comedy-but then again I’d go see him in just about anything. But that being said I dont see him staying in acting- I see him more as a producer. Hopefully he stays in the business in one form or the other because I do think hes talented, I just dont think hes tapped into it yet.

AgelessMeet.COM

Posted at 10:29 AM on March 25, 2012

____________”Ageléssméét.С0М______________

The- most-effective-site in the world to connect

with,date and marry— age–gap people.

Vene

Posted at 9:36 AM on March 25, 2012

Wow. Harsh words girl. But I know where your coming from. I too love Rob, but if he wants to last and captivate the male audience, then he needs to sharpen up. Truth hurts. Though, he shouldn’t change too much. After all, its his free spirit and wacky charm that we lured us in. Its what distinguishes him from the rest, because he is real and not “perfect”.

I think it all comes down to him portraying more confidence in himself. Lately its been better. He needs a little more swag. Just a bit. And, of course, he definately does need that “ugly” role.