President Obama: 'If I Had A Son He'd Look Like Trayvon' Martin

Fri, March 23, 2012 9:00pm EDT by 7 Comments

He ‘made me think about my own kids’ said President Obama speaking out about the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin for the first time.

While nominating Jim Yong Kim to be the next World Bank President at the Rose Garden of the White House, President Obama spoke out about the shooting of 17 year-old Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Orlando on February 26.

The president stated that carrying out a thorough investigation was “imperative” and made some very personal remarks.

“I can only imagine what these parents are going through,” said Obama. “When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids.”

The president spoke out just a day after the leading investigators in the Orlando case stepped down after receiving criticism on how they handled the case.

“If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon,” said the president. “And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and that we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.

What do you think of President Obama’s comments?

-Milly Contreras

racist

Posted at 11:36 PM on March 28, 2012

If a white person said that trayvon looked like obamas son it would be racist lol

Jersey

Posted at 7:58 PM on March 28, 2012

Why doesn”t Obama ask the Black Panthers to stand Down.I think his Military is a little bigger then their Army’.Looks like Obama is picking sides.So much for the whites and Latinos in this Country.

Jersey

Posted at 7:54 PM on March 28, 2012

When he was 12.Why no pictures of him when he is older.With tattoos and gold teeth.6 feet tall 160 lbs.Public sympathy.If they saw him as he was people wouldn”t think twice about it.Which would not be right either.Sure would be nice to see other people as people not what they look like.But since I only see pictures of a 12 year old. I wonder why.Be proud of what he looked like at his 17 Birthday.Thats who was killed not a 12 year old.

Nina Smith

Posted at 12:54 PM on March 25, 2012

Yeah EXACTLY Obama.. every black boy looks like your son lol

Lark

Posted at 2:34 PM on March 23, 2012

I agree with the President. He’s is correct.

carrie baggett

Posted at 11:33 AM on March 25, 2012

I to agree with the president.he is aloving father who can ralate to another father’s pain and anger

TaylorMara

Posted at 2:01 PM on March 23, 2012

my roomate’s ex-wife makes $87 hourly on the internet. She has been unemployed for 8 months but last month her payment was $16293 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site CashLazy.com