Whitney Houston Coroner: Drowned After Possible Heart Attack From Cocaine

Thu, March 22, 2012 5:34pm EDT by 14 Comments
Whitney Houston Cocaine

The coroner has released Whitney Houston’s cause of death. Are you surprised by the results?

Whitney Houston wasn’t clean and sober when she died tragically Feb. 11. However, drugs and alcohol aren’t the only things that killed the 48-year-old singer.

The L.A. County Coroner has released the cause of her death, citing “accidental drowning” as the reason she passed, and noting that heart disease and cocaine use were factors as well. That said, there were no traces of cocaine in the room where she died.

Whitney was found in the bathtub of her Beverly Hilton hotel room before she was expected to make an appearance at Clive Davis’ annual Grammy party. Her daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was visiting Los Angeles with her at the time of her death.

Are you surprised by the results or is that what you expected?

More From The Interview:

1. Whitney Houston Spent Her Last Night Alive Sleeping With Bobbi Kristina In Her Arms
  2. Whitney Houston Family — Oprah Interviews Patricia, Gary Houston & Bobbi Kristina
  3. Oprah Interview 2012 — Bobbi Kristina Can Still Hear Whitney Houston’s ‘Spirit’

Dan

Posted at 4:24 PM on April 16, 2012

There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun. Accept Jesus as lord and personal saviour for the forgiveness of your sins. Give your heart to Jesus if you want to go to heaven when you die. Reject sin, hell and satan. Surrender to Jesus. Seek deliverance from drugs. Jesus will deliver you from drugs and alcohol. Repent from your sins. It is unfortunate that Whitney is in hell.

Robert

Posted at 4:16 PM on April 16, 2012

Whitney houston was an alcohol and drug addict. Whitney was a loose, debased, immoral whore. I appeal to folks to leave drugs alone. Drugs killed Whitney and landed her in hell with Michael Jackson. Come to Jesus. Jesus saves from sin and hell.

fix wii

Posted at 2:18 AM on April 11, 2012

I just like the valuable info you supply for your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more here regularly. I am rather sure I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the following!

dharmawijaya

Posted at 8:17 AM on March 25, 2012

whitney , I miss you so much !!

David

Posted at 11:24 PM on March 22, 2012

Whitney, RIP. Its a pity it all ended the way it did, but I know God is an eternally forgiving, loving, and compasionate God.

I just want others out there, hollywood celebrities, civilians (that is, non-hollywood celebrities), or whoever you are out there; SUBSTANCE (DRUG) ABUSE never does anyone any good. Substance/Drug Abusers are CONSTANTLY DECEIVED and LIED TO that drugs make users forget their sorrows, worries, and their ancieties. Its all bulls*it. Its a lie from hell. Substance/Drug abuse only makes its victims WORSE OFF at the end of the day.

I hope people will all learn from the mistakes made by its (Drugs) victims.

Substance or call it Drug abuse ONLY DESTROYS. Nothing more, and definitely nothing less.

I hope Bobbi Kristina Brown will read this.

Abominator

Posted at 11:02 PM on March 22, 2012

“I hate to hear this but I will remember her for her music and the beautiful person she was and keeping her daughter in my prayers. RIP Whitney”

– TRUE THAT! —

WELL THERE GOES THE LIFE INSURANCE CLAIM!

lizzy

Posted at 7:21 PM on March 22, 2012

I’m not really surprised by the cause of death but it’s so sad. She was an amazingly talented woman and it’s just sad that she went down the road of drugs and alcohol abuse. R.I.P Whitney, a legend who’ll be sorely missed xx

ajaxsent

Posted at 7:13 PM on March 22, 2012

What ever couse her death i dont know. All i know is this she is a trul Legend. R.N.P

Lynda

Posted at 6:12 PM on March 22, 2012

It was obvious Whitney was screwed up and a long term addict when she died. Unfortunately her daughter is on the same fast track and I am sure the money she gets from her mother will only make her life and drug use worse. Good luck?

Sam

Posted at 6:04 PM on March 22, 2012

Julie, go straight to hell!!! How many skeletons do you have in your closet???

Carol

Posted at 5:56 PM on March 22, 2012

Its really sad to hear. But I’m definitely not surprised. Why do all the good people have to over dose and die?

Julie

Posted at 5:53 PM on March 22, 2012

No. I am not surprised and I will always say this was no accident she intended on killing herself and the night of the party and the whole Ray-J thing not to mention the talking about how she couldnt wait to meet God. This women was a train wreck and I would not doubt if her daughter used cocaine with her own Mom on more than one occasion. This death was so senseless. People leave the drugs alone.

sara

Posted at 5:52 PM on March 22, 2012

No not really. Her last night she sounded out of control, and now cocaine seems to be the reason why. Shame.

Stephanie