Whitney Houston's Mom Devastated By Cocaine Usage

Thu, March 22, 2012 7:17pm EST by 32 Comments
Whitney Houston Mom

A friend close to the Houston family tells HollywoodLife.com Cissy Houston is shocked and disappointed by the coroner’s results on how Whitney died.

Out of everyone in Whitney Houston‘s life who was praying she would sober up, her mom Cissy held out hope the longest and HollywoodLife.com has learned she’s incredibly upset to learn Whitney’s death was caused in part because of a heart attack brought on from cocaine usage.

A friend of Whitney’s family tells us, “Cissy is beside herself with grief. She’s devastated by the news that cocaine was found in Whitney’s system. She was under the impression that Whitney had stopped using the drug.”

Adds the source, “She always felt that if anything tragic were to happen to Whitney it would be because of cocaine.”

The L.A. County Coroner released Whitney’s autopsy results earlier today, citing “accidental drowning” as the reason she passed, and noting that heart disease and cocaine use were factors as well. That said, there were no traces of cocaine in the room where she died.

Our thoughts and well wishes are with Whitney’s family as they go through this tragic time.

More on Whitney Houston:

1. Whitney Houston Spent Her Last Night Alive Sleeping With Bobbi Kristina In Her Arms
  2. Whitney Houston Family — Oprah Interviews Patricia, Gary Houston & Bobbi Kristina
  3. Oprah Interview 2012 — Bobbi Kristina Can Still Hear Whitney Houston’s ‘Spirit’

Renee

Posted at 7:41 AM on March 27, 2012

One thing the media needs to get correct in their rush to publish anything Whitney right now is this…GARY IS NOT A HOUSTON, HE IS A GARLAND, from their mother’s first marriage to Freddie Garland. R.I.P. Whitney, your true fans still love you!

Disappointed

Posted at 12:36 AM on March 27, 2012

No one should accept Whitney using drugs again!!! This is complete crap! When Whitney is done SHE IS DONE. Just becoz she did it in the past doesn’t justify this. As she said she had 3+years under her belt with God by her side.
Whitney is better off with God that’s why He let it happen coz if she had survived this one they may even try harder for the rest of her life until she’s finally gone. Who knows maybe they even tried before and failed many times as God wanted her to re-redeem herself first. He knows there are some who don’t want her around and He didn’t want them to destroy her life anymore. So He let it happen this time. She loved and believed in Him but He loved her more. But the people who did it will surely rott in hell.

Madison

Posted at 10:03 PM on March 26, 2012

I’m sorry but sometimes hiring your family is just not ok. They are the main people who are enablers when you make it that big. I say hire people who have experience and have you best interest and maybe a couple of people you know or can be trusted but family or so called friends are always shady. The people around her did this to her and the media and negative people want to talk crap and make up stories about Whitney, yeah Whitney used drugs but look who kept her using it..who was purchasing it for her. He people were a big disappointment and they let her down big time. That entire crew needs to be investigated because they killed her

Ms Pinkey

Posted at 6:16 PM on March 26, 2012

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS CHECK THE BODY GUARD OUT. PAT BROTHER SHE SAID HE WOULD NOT STOP TRYING TO SAVE HER UNTIL SHE TOLD HIM TO LET IT GO. NOW HE HAVE TO LEAVE WITH THAT BECAUSE HE WAS THE ONE BUYING IT AND BRINGING IT TO HER.

Ashley Stevens

Posted at 4:56 PM on March 26, 2012

I say murder murder murder..whether she took that drug on her own, coerced or forced, someone from that crew still supplied it and covered it up so they are just as guilty as a person supplying a gun to someone so they can murder someone. If they don’t investigate this death then they are idiots.

Anderson Myers

Posted at 12:24 PM on March 26, 2012

This whole thing is sad and I am finding myself still in disbelief that Whitney Houston, the queen of pop, the greatest singer has left us. I don’t care if Whitney took the drug on her own or bought it herself, whoever supplied it should be locked up period. With that said, I don’t think we will get the real truth out of this, for one because she had a history with drugs so of course they believe that this one time her body couldn’t handle it, and for two, the media has done away with this poor woman for over 20 years. They wanted to see this happen. With all of the crap that keep coming out and the back and forth changing of stories, I don’t believe any of the crap and I believe something happened that day that wasn’t right and I believe someone who claims to be her friend or friends had something to do with it. I just hope the truth will come out though I highly doubt it. It’s a shame, Whitney wasn’t a fool. She said in an interview a long time ago that when she dies there will be lots of lies and stories about her.

Yon

Posted at 6:08 AM on March 26, 2012

I had a feeling from Day 1 that it was murder. All the stupid rumours were not right. I pity not the ppl who set it up but mostly I pity those ppl and media who stinked their big mouth and still they keep on going on & on abt it.
The police report could be published as a Book for all I care. But not a word of truth will come out of it. It will be just like one of those TV series (like CSI or smth) fiction – all made up and fabricated. Whitney’s case would be a piece of cake for their “project”. They will try to make it all believable. Huh What a shame!

Mya

Posted at 4:52 PM on March 26, 2012

Yon you sound right on the money with this and so does alot of you on here. I’m sure many believe that us fans just can’t accept the fact that she died and she got back on drugs, but I don’t think that’s the case one bit. Yes it’s sad that she might have started back on the drug. Do I think she was using again, me personally I think she was clean for years and she got caught up in LA trying to have fun and also just like Pat said, chasing love in all of the wrong places, i.e. Ray J. When Whitney died, Chaka Khan said that she couldn’t understand why Whitney was even allowed by her people to be in LA that early because something is bound to happen in that atmosphere, and I agree completely. Now with that said, this case needs to be looked in to definitely because for one someone supplied Whitney with that drug, two, someone cleaned that scene up. It’s simple, her people around her the enablers did this to her period. I personally wouldn’t be surprised if one if them persuaded her to use or coerced her. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if whoever it was watched her die. Sounds cruel and out there but this happens all the time and enablers are worse than the drug dealer itself. Now, pat said Whitney was found face down, which means she had to have been standing when she went down, unless she was saying they found her with laying on her back and slipped under the water. But, other reports said face down also. That seems to be an awkward position for someone in the bathtub. Pay houstons sounds like she has more answers than what she’s giving. Those people around her let her down and also Bobbi krissy and cissy. The point of an entourage is to have your back to keep you safe. This would make a great movie only if someone who actually knew the truth came forward but it still wouldn’t be accurate because Whitney isn’t here to defend herself. Rest in peace angel

Micah Michelle

Posted at 5:06 PM on March 25, 2012

I think that Pat Houston knows the deal. Did anyone catch what she said in the oprah interview. She said Whitney had been calling for her that whole morning and she never went to see what she wanted until basically it was too late..she also said she didn’t know how whitney got in the tub. Now when you are on payroll, family or not, you go see what your boss wants period. I don’t know and I don’t want to accuse but I believe there was some sort of foul play that went on.

Nina Daniels

Posted at 5:02 PM on March 25, 2012

Foul foul foul. Something isn’t right people. I can accept if she started using again because addiction is a monster and so is depression. She went through alot and alot of people took her through alot, but I have this feeling that we will never find the truth in any of this. I have a feeling that someone did something they weren’t suppose to do, whether that provide her the drug, force her to take the drug, inject the drug, allow her to take the drug, and bottom line cleaning that scene up, which is a crime itself. Something just isn’t right about this whole story and I believe people who are supposedly close to her know the deal and probably will go to their grave with the truth.

Casey Malone

Posted at 1:24 PM on March 25, 2012

I think this whole thing ie foul and fishy..something strange is up..coroners first thought it was alcohol and prescription meds now it was no alcohol and heart disease and cocaine and they first said she didn’t drown..it’s hard to believe anything right about now because they can’t make up their minds..the accusations from the supposed sources who claim she was drunk etc doesn’t add up at all. Pat Houston claim she doesn’t know how Whitney got in that tub, saying it in a way that makes it seem like she was either thinking foul play or she was clearing her name. No one was in the room monitoring her and I’m thinking there usually is someone there. Cocaine was in her system but there was no evidence on the scene. Someone cleaned that scene and had something to hide or someone set this up. What I also want to know is can they tell when the cocaine was used or was it from the past because being a probation officer and having to monitor and order drug tests, I do know when you use certain drugs for years and years that stuff can still show up in your system. Either way when you look at everything, someone is hiding something, period.

LM

Posted at 1:09 AM on March 25, 2012

NO NO I DO NOT AT ALL TRUST THE CORONERS THEMSELVES!

Justice

Posted at 12:36 AM on March 25, 2012

The fake results just obviously proved/confirmed that Whitney’s death was a murder. Period. As simple as that. I 200% agree with some of u here and i’m glad to know that ppl are getting the whole bizzare picture. It’s definitely fishy. And what a shame for the police and investigators!
P.s. A msg for Houston family except Cissy – you all are big disappointment. Specially what’s her face Pat – you need to just shut up!

Shannon

Posted at 8:43 PM on March 24, 2012

Someone or people in her camp are covering something up but I believe they won’t investigate this any further since she had a history of drug use

linda alexander

Posted at 11:15 AM on March 27, 2012

that old saying is..what goes on in the dark will come to light,and my thing is why no one was with her,from my understanding she were not to be left along,and her siste-in-law or who ever she was that worked for her said in the interveiw,when she heard the scream she did not speed up walking or run,she just said call 911,so close to her,but so calm.when all of it comes out 2+2 will= 4.u all be blessed.

Amy Collins

Posted at 8:07 PM on March 24, 2012

I am a believer in when it’s your time to leave this earth it’s just your time and it doesn’t matter what you die from, when it’s time for you to die you will. I think god said he was tired of her hurting and there was nothing good for her here, but with that said it doesn’t mean something foul didn’t occur during this whole thing. It’s hard to believe that she used the cocaine and didn’t have anything left as far as evidence. That just doesn’t happen because weed as well as cocaine has to come in something. It’s hard to believe that Whitney was left in that room alone to take a bath when previous employers of hers stated that Whitney never tool baths and only took showers which were timed. Either the people around her just didn’t give a sh@t or they were idiots. I believe both, idiots and didn’t care as long as their bills were paid. Enablers are the worse and they might as well be the drug dealers. Her family believed that she was clean an so do I, except this one time her heart couldn’t take it. This usually occurs when people stop drinking or using drugs and all of a sudden start back. But still with that said, I thinknit was a set up in some kind of way..someone in her team gave her those drugs and made she they cleaned everything up. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone gave it to her and watched this go down and let her die. I also find it interesting that based on toxicology they believe she took the cocaine prior to her heart episode..well if that’s the case did they not smell the weed and cocaine smoke when they came on the scene..I don’t know what to believe or think because it’s just too much to even get into. All I no is it’s sad that she had to die

JC Ambrose

Posted at 7:54 PM on March 24, 2012

I smell a set up or someone from her crew gave her the drugs period, or else the drugs or the evidence from the drugs would have still been on the scene. I sat this because either way, we would still find out the truth what would be the point of hiding anything or taking evidence. What I find interesting is when she died of course there were going to be conspiracy theories as there are with all high profile celebrities who die, but there was a rumor that a drug dealer set her up or killed her. Fact of the matter is, yes she used cocaine, but who got it for her and who took the evidence and why did they take the evidence and clean the scene if there wasn’t anything to hide, remember this is Whitney Houston so that does mean that they were going to investigate and do toxicology. Interesting how Pat Houston stated without even being questioned that she didn’t know how whitney got in the tub. What did that have to do with the question oprah asked; nothing at all. Either way, I think the people who were close to Whitney had something to do with this whole mess, supplying and taking evidence. It’s a shame that these people have so many enablers around them who claim to be friends and loved ones, when in actuality they are just as worse as the drug dealers and the vulturous media. Whitney Houston rest sweetheart, you are not missing anything good here on earth.

Jessica Adams

Posted at 1:35 PM on March 24, 2012

Unknown, I find it interesting. What I would like to know is why did it take them this long to determine this stuff. It took them longer than expected and from what they were saying at first was she died from a cocktail of prescription drugs and intake of alcohol. Now it’s known that alcohol wasn’t in her system. Also, if you remember the photos that were taken of the room if it was real it showed champagne and a beer. Maybe whoever supplied it was there eating and drinking. I don’t no but something doesn’t seem right one bit. I think someone from her entourage is hiding something big time.

Unknown

Posted at 1:14 PM on March 24, 2012

I am a investigator, and I can tell you now that something is fishy about this whole thing. I can’t quite put my finger on it because I am not investigating this case and I don’t have the evidence, but I can say that something just isn’t right about this whole thing. I am afraid that it won’t get looked into because the media has done away with making sure the public is aware of her drug addictions in the past. When you look at the whole thing, something just isn’t right. Case point 1, Whitney had a heart disease which means she was very aware of this. I don’t want to jump to conclusions and say that knowing this information she wouldn’t put her life in jeopardy because we see it all the time, but I’m thinking Whitney was clean for years and she got a hold of the drug during this Grammy party and this shocked her heart because if she was using before she would have been dead. Media attempted to say she was an alcoholic and addicted to the pills. It’s known that Whitney never had the drinking problem and she didn’t have enough prescription meds or anything out of the ordinary to say she had a prescription drug addiction. With the party she attended and the so called sources who claim Whitney was out of control and drunk, I find that very hard to believe also because everyone knows alcohol and cocaine mixed is a recipe for dying.. With that said, remember she had a heart disease. All that dancing and partying and alcohol and cocaine would have killed her. Case point 2 and this is the biggie that people need to focus on: how in the world did she get the drug, how and why was she taking a bath ALONE, how did she end up face down in the tub, where is the left overs from the marijuana and the ashes, where is the leftovers or container from the cocaine, and there isn’t a question of how it all disappeared. The question is who made it disappear and why because we already have established that there was some use of the drug and nothing was found on the scene. Now with just that little bit of information that I gave, people in that camp should be interrogated asap. I think it’s safe to say Pat Houston knows something is strange also. I’ll leave it at this, but I won’t be surprised if we find new things pop up, and I won’t be surprised if we never find out anything because they have her pegged to be a long time addict.

Lana

Posted at 1:42 PM on March 24, 2012

I’m sure it’s so much info that we don’t know about surrounding this case. I’m trying not to be one of those people who don’t want to believe Whitney was back on drugs, it wouldn’t bother me one bit because she was my favorite and nothing can be said about her that would make me turn on her, but as the reports have been coming out, I always thought that something was strange about this whole thing..sources kept saying she was drunk and out of control, sources were saying she was abusing her prescription meds..police said there wasn’t anything out of the ordinary that made them think she was doctor shopping or even addicted to the meds. Police and investigators said that they believed she died from a cocktail of meds and alcohol, bow the story has changed tremendously. This crap is strange

Alice McMillan

Posted at 12:51 PM on March 24, 2012

Sorry but I’m finding this whole thing kind of strange. We knew Whitney was clean for years, and now she’s dead and had cocaine in her system and it’s reported that the cocaine use was right before the heart episode that caused her to drown. What I find strange about this whole thing is how could all of this go down and the crime scene be cleaned up that good..think about it, IF someone from her entourage discovered her and discovered the drugs how were they able to pull her out the tub, tend to her, scream and cry and the normal frantic reaction and obtain the drugs. Ok yeah she could have smoked all of it, but with that said, there still have to be a container or bag with it in at least in the garbage. Another thing that I find strange is one of her older bodyguards said that everyone knew not to let Whitney take baths only showers because they were afraid something like this would happen; drowning. Pat Houston stated that she didn’t know how Whitney got in the tub. Oprah didn’t even ask her how, pat willingly gave this info without being asked. It makes me wonder if she believes something was set up or someone did something. I personally think the investigators need to really look into this situation. She could have easily died from drowning due to the cocaine she had taken, and someone could have easily given it to her on purpose and watched this whole thing go down and cleaned the scene up. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone from her circle did it. Whatever it was, god has taken Whitney out of her misery and she’s now safe from the cruel and evil world and business that they call show business.

Kimberly Allen

Posted at 12:37 PM on March 24, 2012

Hey Ridiculous, what you are saying could be true. I won’t say that that’s what I believe also but I’ll say that it’s possible. Look, the fact of the matter is we all know Whitney once had an addiction, but what I hate is how the media is trying to tear her down as if that’s what she was known for. She was known for her voice and music. No matter what they say when someone says Whitney Houston name, people won’t think about her addiction they will think about her talent. For all we know, maybe she was clean for years and just like her mother said, that Grammy party was going on plus her comeback. That’s stressful when you are that big of a star. But what I find kind of strange is how one of Bobby brown sisters came out saying someone killed her and pat Houston specifically said she didn’t know how Whitney got in that tub as if she knew something was strange. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone set that up and cleaned the evidence up. Either way, I’ll always love her and never judge her

Ridiculous

Posted at 7:53 PM on March 23, 2012

Uffffffffff i am really sick and tired of media bashing whitney and portraiting her as this “chronic drug abuser”. This drug was a past phase in her life unless they (the murderers) injected it to her. They made use of her past demon to get rid of her. Just wow. I mean first they said the water found in her lungs was not enough to kill her. They haven’t disclosed any detail info abt the drowning – did she drown while bathing or with clothes on etc. And doctors usually prescribe allergy medicines and sedatives to be taken night time. She couldn’t possibly take them hours before a big party. Just becoz those meds happen to b in the cabinet and just becoz she had past drug use history, she was a too-easy-target to get along with whatever story they cooked up to cover their a**. (sorry but according to me it’s the fact) This is too good to be a coincidence with Michael Jackson.
The way the media is still reporting abt it is just pityfull. Drugs drugs drugs. I feel bad for ppl who were battling drug addiction but overcomed it. It’s as if no one will trust them. Addiction is a disease/demon. In Whitney’s case, Whitney was a woman of strong faith. She realised her demons and through prayer she was able to conquer the demon after a tough battle. And there’s no way the Almighty God let’s you down if you believe.

Whitney

Posted at 2:05 PM on March 23, 2012

I don’t care what those reports say, you still can’t take her talents and what she contributed to music. I almost believe the media love the negative crap and they almost hope of a terrible outcome so they can report the so called breaking news. What they should focus on is real news going on around the world rather than prying in celebrities lives as if they aren’t human or have feelings. Their lives shouldn’t be blasted all over every news station nor should they be the joke on these tabloid magazines because just like us they are human and when you think about it it’s bullying at it’s worse. Now let this woman rest and focus on the positive things because there were far more positive then negative, respect her just like you would want people to respect to you or your family.

Julie Curtis

Posted at 1:59 PM on March 23, 2012

I’m happy that the results are out now so everybody can go on their tangent with the I told you so. I mean did we really need the results. I no I didn’t because I was a true fan and she will still go down as the queen of pop and the best singer so those results don’t make a difference. She should be remembered for what she was and that was a talented artist. This lady had problems just like the rest of us and the people we know. The only difference is her problems were in the spotlight for over 20 years. I mean that would put a strain on anyone with a pulse. I believe Whitney had been clean for a couple of years and Grammy time came and she wanted to have fun one last time and she was also making her comeback. It’s sad but probably the truth. Everyone has vices hers happen to be cocaine. I find it horrible that the so called friends and team she had weren’t more loyal or loving because if they were they would have done more. Yes she was grown but at the same time once you become addicted you no longer have the same mind frame. Musicians in particular are very emotional and sensitive people and they need love because many of them don’t have confidence or believe in their talents like we believe. As odd as that sounds, I’ve heard far too many stories about Whitney not sure of her talent and ability and always questioning was it good enough, and this wa in her prime when she was at her best. We’ve seen this in many other artist also. Bottomline, they should have good people around them all the time, and not a bunch of yes men who only wants to collect a check.

Daria J

Posted at 10:09 AM on March 23, 2012

Really!!! Is anyone here surprised? Now maybe we can put this to rest and let her rest in peace!

Lia M.

Posted at 5:26 AM on March 23, 2012

The results didn’t surprise me at all. CONSPIRACY! CONSPIRACY! CONSPIRACY! it’s all a BIG deja vu of Michael Jackson. SHE WAS MURDERED! PERIOD. And they deliberately didn’t want to come up with “Dr. Murray” and “cardiac arrest”. Well, they can get away with this one very easily as ppl would buy their story. But they all CAN’T escape the ‘Judgement Day’!

RIP MJ AND WH! Someone obviously against your comebacks. Well You both are now free to enjoy your freedom, while ppl here are rotting in their deeds and despicable judgements!
“NO MATTER WHAT THEY TAKE FROM YOU THEY CAN’T TAKE AWAY YOUR DIGNITY” forever!

Cleo

Posted at 11:14 PM on March 22, 2012

Really feel for her, but can’t escape the nagging feeling that someone in her entourage kept her high all the time. Wonder if these “wonderful” friends and relatives are being investigated. Whomever gave her the cocaine in my mind should be arrested and go to jail for manslaughter.