'The Secret Circle' Recap: Cassie & Adam End Their Relationship

Thu, March 22, 2012 10:29pm EST by 7 Comments

But is the big change permanent? Because I’m kind of terrified to find out how heartbreak will affect Cassie’s already dark powers.

I hope Cassie (Britt Robertson) and Adam (Thomas Dekker) enjoyed their first — and potentially final — night together, because it’s pretty much all downhill from here. John (Joe Lando) showed up on Cassie’s doorstep on the March 22 episode of The Secret Circle to clue them into the whole your-love-is-a-curse thing. Cassie tried to play dumb, but John was basically like, “Look, I know you guys had sex last night. Your lawn is covered in dead birds!”

With the cat officially out of the bag, Cassie and Adam paid a visit to sweet/crazy Jane (Ashley Crow) for more information. She confirmed the couple’s fears about the Blake-Conant curse, leading Adam and Cassie to down a special elixir that would make them forget how much they love each other. (Score one for Team Jake!)

And speaking of Jake (Chris Zylka), the golden-haired beauty went a wee bit off-the-rails this week. After waking up with a fever — and a ridiculously small pair of boxers (no complaints) — he started hallucinating, eventually trying to murder Adam and revealing that he killed Calvin.

Meanwhile, Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) was up to her expressive eyebrows in crazy ex-girlfriends. Eva (Alexia Fast) tried to enlist her help in bringing Lee (Grey Damon) back from the dead, but Faye managed to flip the situation around in her favor, allowing her to get back her powers and kick Eva’s ass. Double play! Still, something tells me we haven’t seen the last of that pesky redhead.

OK, now here’s where things got really crazy: A final confrontation between John and Dawn (Natasha Henstridge) revealed that, not only is there no such thing as a Blake-Conant curse, but John made the whole thing up to keep Cassie and the circle safe! Had Ethan and Emilia not fallen in love and tried to run away all those years ago, the circle would have been able to fight off the hunters together.

So now there are really four sides in this war of witches: The circle; the hunters; Dawn and Charles (Gale Harold); and John — because I’m not quite ready to label him a “good guy” yet.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Secret Circle updates

bitchstolemyremote

Posted at 11:44 AM on March 23, 2012

The twist was great because it totally turned a regular episode (the group uses magic to solve a problem) and reconfigured all the relationships (apparently someone is working with the witchhunters against their knowledge AND Blackwell is deceiving them). Whether or not Blackwell is actually doing this for their own good is questionable (hopefully he has his own agenda because that’ll make things more interesting).

Plus the return of Jane! Yay!

anon

Posted at 9:57 AM on March 23, 2012

This was a really emotional episode and it really opened the doors wide open for what’s to come in the remaining FIVE (omg WHY!? I want more, CW renew this show already!) episodes left. Next week looks action packed and I can’t wait to see them fight the hunters this time!

Did anyone pay attention to the scene between Melissa and Blackwell by the way? I have my bets on Melissa as his other child!

grace

Posted at 12:15 AM on March 27, 2012

I noticed that too! I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Melissa is the other Blackwell child

Brian valecia

Posted at 9:57 AM on March 23, 2012

I luv faye 2much and diana gosh.

Heather

Posted at 7:52 AM on March 23, 2012

I thought last night was incredibly sad…..I felt bad for both Adam and Cassie. Honestly I don’t see why people would want Adam back with Diana now, especially after knowing he’s totally in love with Cassie and his feeling for Diana may not be completely his own. OH well I don’t believe this is the end for Cadam…………Cadam and Delena for life bitches!!

RomanticMeme

Posted at 11:17 PM on March 22, 2012

Hello again, my Andy:) I have always and will always be Team Jake, so I was happy this week. John is getting very clever, but I honestly think that he loved Amelia, so I felt bad for him. Dawn and Charles, I don’t care much for them, but I don’t like them either. I really think the Cassie cares deeply for Jake, and he was right today, deep down, Cassie thinks they are right together. I am so glad Adam is not going to be chasing after Cassie like a love sick puppy anymore, and maybe he will hook up with Diana today. Eva is crazy, really, really crazy. I’m going to miss Lee, he and Faye were good together. I loved the friendship moments between Faye, Diana, and Melissa(who needs more moments on the show, I MEAN COME ON!). I actually feel bad for Cassie because she does love Adam still, but I want more Cake moments! Blackwell’s are very clever;)
P.S- Am I the only one who noticed John Blackwell and John Gilbert, sneaky, sneaky producers:)
~Love You Andy

shannon

Posted at 12:56 PM on March 24, 2012

i soooooooooo agree with u !! ad im a bigggggggggggg jassie fan! cadam r just soooooo dull! im kinda happy they broken up i thik now its jakes turn 2 wooo cassie .