Selena Gomez: My Career Is Too Important To Waste It On Getting Drunk

Thu, March 22, 2012 4:29pm EDT by 72 Comments
Selena Gomez Partying

A source close to the girls on the ‘Spring Breakers’ set tells HollywoodLife.com that Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Benson weren’t bullying Selena Gomez, but they do love to party more than the 19-year-old starlet!

Selena Gomez isn’t getting bullied by her friends, Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Benson on the set of Spring Breakers — but she may be going through some peer pressure, which she isn’t bending into, a source close to the group of girls tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively.

“I would be shocked if Vanessa or Ashley was ‘bullying‘ anyone, especially Selena,” the insider begins. “They are both really sweet girls. I do know Selena isn’t as fast moving as them, but you have to remember she’s also younger.”

That said, Selena, 19, might not always feel comfortable with the choices Ashley, 22, and Vanessa, 23, make in their off time.

“V and Ashley both love to have a good time, which includes some partying, and Selena isn’t really interested in all that,” our source says. “She has too much on the line. The way she looks at it, her career is more important than getting drunk.”

Adds the source, “But I wouldn’t say Ashley and Vanessa are partying their careers away either…they get their work done and do it well. If anything happened on set, it was probably that Selena felt pressure to be ‘cooler’ or whatever.”

We’re proud of Selena for sticking to her guns when it comes to partying. Most young celebrities don’t care about following rules, but she does — it’s admirable.

Kirstin Benson

More ‘Spring Breakers’ News:

1. Vanessa Hudgens Bullying Selena Gomez On ‘Spring Breakers’ Set — New Report
  2. Selena Gomez Raps The Word ‘P***y’ In ‘Spring Breakers’
  3. Selena Gomez Chooses To Be With Fans Over Work — She’s So Sweet

2011 camaro accessories

Posted at 10:45 AM on May 20, 2012

I like the valuable information you provide on your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and take a look at again right here frequently. I am slightly certain I’ll be told a lot of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the following!

shumyla

Posted at 9:59 AM on May 11, 2012

how could ppl say tat i waz and still am her biggist fan fur 6 years i have seen selena gomez and tat is so not her

Arcachnar

Posted at 8:51 AM on March 29, 2012

Why do those posts keep on disappearing and appearing? HL Could you do something about this?

Arcachnar

Posted at 10:00 AM on March 27, 2012

@Maggie Oops. Forgot something to point out to you.

Wait. You are saying to me that she cannot sing ‘dirty words’, kill someone or even get drunk in a movie? Wow. Grow up.

Have you seen what K-Stew is doing in her new movie? She is walking half-naked or even full naked. There are a lot of movies were a lot of worser things have happend.

Even though it is R-Rated, Selena is not the wildest girl in the movie and there is nothing in this movie that is actually worser than other movies that have been made.

Maggie

Posted at 12:10 PM on March 27, 2012

I am a twelve year old girl that loved watching Selena on the Disney channel, often with my mom sitting with me. I also bought her clothes and school items. I was excited to hear she was coming to my town to make a movie. But the Selena I saw in person was not what I expected. She was not that nice to the young girls who were waiting outside for hours each day. She barely gave them / us five seconds of her time. When we waved at her she just stared back. Was giving us a wave too hard for her while she was on a break? And we are the ones who made her career. She would NOT be where she is without us. Then i was shocked to see all the pictures and learn more about the movie she is making near me. Partying with naked people dancing all around her? Singing a song about licking a girl’s butt crack and pussy? That’s NOT the Selena I grew up loving. I can also promise you this, and my mom agrees with me, Selena should just go ahead and remove all her clothes, her “Dream Out Loud”, from all the stores. Because no one, including me, will ever buy them again. She started as a Disney star. Unlike the Vampire girl you mention. Now it looks like Selena is “pooping” all over Disney, and all the fans that loved her.

Arcachnar

Posted at 8:33 AM on March 28, 2012

I am older than 12 indeed. Why would I be a loser, if I am not agreeing with you about DC or any kid stars getting more mature roles?

I just want to tell you that there are a lot worse movies than this. Of what I have heard and seen is this really tame movie. And yes. I have seen a lot of worse or bloodier movies than this.

Besides, it is not even sure that she will sing this kind of song or peeing on the street. Because everyone can claim that they have seen this in the ‘’script’’.

You should know that she is playing a role that is a lot lesser wild than the roles of Vanessa, Ashley and Rachel. Vanessa and Rachel and Ashley are going to do the wilder things.

Yes. She is only drinking, (actual non-alcoholic, because most of the movies they use this to prevent drunken actresses), but there are not any pictures of her smoking.

Yes, she used to be by Barney and the DC. But do not think that they want to move on and getting more mature roles? Yes. They do.

Why? Because they want to reach ALL the ages and through mature roles they will get recognition by a broader public. Just what Miley is doing. Even Shiaf Leboaf started at DC.

Do you really think that they want to keep on doing movies for little kids? No. Is Shiaf Lebouf or Brenda Song or anyone else doing children movies? No.

I am sorry that she did not wave to you. Just let it go. She is human. Perhaps it is better to forgive her.

As being older than you, I already have seen a lot kid actors/actresses started doing kids movies. Then at the certain age (like 18) they wanted to reach a broader public by doing more mature movies or on stage. There too many examples to place this here.

I know it is just a shock that Disney stars are doing movies like this. But that is the way it is. No one stays young forever.

You also should be glad that she is only doing these kinds of things in a movie and not RL. There has not been any evidence that she has ever done any thing bad.

She has never drink alcoholics, smoked or did anything illegal in RL.

I do hope you know the difference between movies and RL.

Yes. She knows that she have younger fans. That is why she is doing the lesser wilder stuff.

And I cannot help it that you really believe stuff on YouTube and sites that have been already busted as bunch of lies and half-truths. Many of these ‘’news’’ are just fabricated to make people look bad.

You really should not be that gullible. Yes. At an older age you probably will get just as cynical as me. And I am a lot.

Maggie

Posted at 9:11 AM on March 28, 2012

Now I understand why you defend Selena doing this movie – because you are so cynical. Maybe you think a Barney / Disney star should do this. That it’s only right. But it’s not. Selena could have done any kind of movie she wanted. She could have done what other young stars have done and become a real international movie star, and not have made a movie that will probably soon be in the $5 bin at Walmart. Made by a director who’s past movie was old people having sex with garbage bags. I am not “cynical”. My friends at school, my family aren’t either. I think we have choices in life. To do something good, or to become someone bad. Selena choosing to do this movie with this director tells me that there is “something” in this movie that is also in her. That she wanted to do this type of movie, and not something much better.

To answer some of what you said, I did not see fake YouTubes. Much of what I wrote about I saw in person. Or I read it in more than one website, or saw photos of Selena doing it.

I think what I am learning is that Selena chose this movie because this is what she wanted to do, because she likes what this movie is about. I don’t think anyone forced Selena to do this. She’s too big of a star. But I think she could have chosen a better movie that would have made her a bigger better star.

I liked her a lot. But by doing this movie she has shown me who she really is. Who didn’t wave to us or even smile back when she had nothing to do. Someone I don’t like anymore. I know what I saw and parents and kids who were there saw it too and you can’t correct me because you were not there.

Smh

Posted at 6:59 AM on March 30, 2012

Selena herself said that she wanted to do this movie because she wanted to challenge herself. Also she does not have to worry about younger fans seeing it because it will only be shown at film festivals. So ultimately it was a a very good career move. She can finally be seen as a more mature actress but will not have to worry about her younger fans being disappointed. And as far as her not waving back, I don’t see what the point of holding a grudge is. I mean if you wanted to meet her you should have gone to a cd signing or something when time is specifically set for her to meet fans. I say this because the set is her place of work. Had she not been on set working she most likely would of waved back. During the first couple days of filming she did interact with fans but got yelled at several times. Therefore it is understandable as to why she didn’t interact the day you went . I’m not saying that it is your fault but I just think that you should understand where she’s coming from.

cece

Posted at 8:10 PM on June 14, 2012

i feel the same way i was a fan of hers and than she changed. i dont know what it is i dont know if she trying to act cool just becauae she dating justin or that she thinks that she can do anything she wants just because she getting older

cece

Posted at 8:12 PM on June 14, 2012

my falt wrong thing it is for the maggie one sorry

nina

Posted at 5:21 AM on March 24, 2012

please don’t make fun of selena god made her and she is also gods child.Rather pray to our awsome lord.Selena Marie Gomez is one lovely sweet kind loving teenagter.Selena Gomez is blessed.

wen

Posted at 4:45 AM on March 23, 2012

fake selenaaaaaaaa so fake

tin2x

Posted at 4:43 AM on March 23, 2012

weeeeeeeee!!!! as far as i know shes fake she got a tattoo!!! and then drinking hmmmm so fake selena !!!!!!!!!!

Smh

Posted at 6:47 AM on March 23, 2012

Lmao she got a tattoo of a music note that’s barley even visible and she has never been caught drinking any alcoholic beverage beforee.

Spring Breaker Extra

Posted at 11:39 PM on March 22, 2012

I was there all day today at the hotel shooting for the hotel party scene and bust. I will tell you a lot of the extras and myself noticed Selena very uncomfortable. The party scene where she danced on guys she was very weirded out. You could tell when she would look at the 100 extras today acting drunk and girls NAKED she did not want to see that! You can just imagine it’s her first break out movie RATED R… so just imagine the poor girl! I don’t blame her!

Cleo

Posted at 2:00 AM on March 23, 2012

Your report if factual, brings a question to mind; if there are naked girls there, then why isn’t Justin Bieber there on set. I’m sure he’d be sporting a woodie and there’d be some ring tossing going on. One, maybe, two rings would be sufficient. Just sayin.

Arcachnar

Posted at 7:35 AM on March 26, 2012

Why should Justin be there? He has his own things to do.

HL

Posted at 9:48 AM on March 23, 2012

Good point! Her first time doing some uncomfortable scenes…we’re sure she’s doing her best and having a great time anyways!

Kelly

Posted at 4:16 PM on March 26, 2012

She knew what she was getting into. The guy does movies with old people having sex with the trash can. He is not the only person in the world making a movie. I’m not from hollywood and even I know his work. Come on! She could of done another movie just like her ex co star Emma did. Nobody force her to do the movie just herself. Why should we feel sorry for her. If she was force to do it than that’s another story.

Abominator

Posted at 11:17 PM on March 22, 2012

Yeah, she has standards! She pees in public!

Arcachnar

Posted at 7:39 AM on March 26, 2012

Selena only did that, because that was aquired to do as a part of her role in this movie. Not in RL.

Selena has never done all the things that was in this movie in RL.

Yes. Selena has standards. You should be glad that she is a role model for young and old.

Kelly

Posted at 10:17 PM on March 26, 2012

We all know that this is not RL, and if u think she is a role model for young and adults you should check the word role model. I use to like her but I was reading bad reviews about her in YouTube and sites like this I have no respect for her. She better marry Justin because without she is nobody. Miley was the true disney star. Vanessa was once upon a time, Ashely is really nothing. I saw Ashely and all the girls in person can you say midgets? Day all look like they are 12 years old with boob jobs.

Arcachnar

Posted at 4:24 AM on March 27, 2012

Are you that gulliable, that really believe all those ‘news’ things on YouTube and/or sites whom ‘sources’ are not credibable or are just a bunch of BS? Most of those lies has been already busted.

‘Without Justin, blablabla..’ Do not make me laugh. Selena is someone who could do without Justin, instead. Selena won those awards or got those roles without any help.

Justin needed the help of Scooter, Usher, his mom and Selena to be famous.

Selena did not got any boob job, but I know. You just wanted to know this.

It seems that you are not even a real fan. A real fan supports his favorite star in good and bad times. So you are actually a disgrace.

You should have known that all the truly respected news blogs have only good things to say about her AND Justin.

Yes. Selena IS a role model for young and old. But you are just to blind to see. She has already done a lot of charites and all good causes. Also, She has not done any against the law or smokes or drinks alcohol.

Kelly

Posted at 11:45 AM on March 27, 2012

Jajajajaja your funny but it is true. Arcachnar thinks Selena is a role model maybe we should all per in publice because that’s what are role model teaches us.

caoxiao

Posted at 10:14 PM on March 22, 2012

ok, first you say Vanessa and ashley were bullying selena, now you claim a new source says selena is not being bullied, what would we believe then? nothing of course
stop being lame

Kelly

Posted at 10:14 PM on March 22, 2012

I wish the haters would just leave her alone. A lot of women prefer not to drink. Selena has proven that she has a good head on her shoulders and is very relatable.

Dan

Posted at 9:03 PM on March 22, 2012

I want to marry her

Katelin Marie Gomez

Posted at 8:29 PM on March 22, 2012

STOP LEAVE HER ALONE JUST TO SAY SHE IS MY SISTER

me

Posted at 6:45 AM on March 23, 2012

except for the fact that she doesnt have one…? i mean i agree with the leave her alone, but the fake id not cool

K

Posted at 8:25 PM on March 22, 2012

DIDNT SHE AND JUSTIN BIEBER DRINK Y EVRY1 PROTECTS THIS GIRL

Smh

Posted at 8:52 PM on March 22, 2012

Because her and Justin did not drink. The whole story about them getting drunk was a complete lie and the owner of the place said that they were at said that no one ordered any alcohol. Also Selena was seen taking pictures with fans and was completely sober when they said she was drunk.

Maggie

Posted at 9:10 PM on March 22, 2012

Yes, and she gets away with it

crystal

Posted at 8:10 PM on March 22, 2012

look, people need to stop tlking bad about selena she’s just a teenage girl trying to do good things to always keep her fans proud of her, if you have nothing good to say don’t say nothing at all and it’s a movie not anything real so take a CHILL PILL. <3 u selena

Gig

Posted at 9:21 PM on March 22, 2012

I’m half Latina and her dressing like a slut and making movies like a cheap teen does not make me proud. There’s not a lot of latino in Hollywood and I was hoping that she would be an example. Also I saw her here in fl and she was not nice to her 7 fans waiting for her for hours outside. It was hot and my mom and I gave some kids water bottles because we felt bad. I heard that Taylor swift would give her fans pizza and drinks and say hi. We r talking about 100’s fans with Taylor . When I saw all these girls not nice to her fans it made me sad. I live right across where they were filming and saw little kids crying =(
I used to buy V ecko shoes and S dream out loud not any more.

Abominator

Posted at 11:22 PM on March 22, 2012

Typical (probably illegal) Latina always looking for a handout. Go out and buy your own water and pizza. This is Florida for petes sake, it’s a conservative state.

Maggie

Posted at 10:46 AM on March 23, 2012

If your not a native American you are illegal too because the true Americans are the Indians. People like u makes American people looks stupid. What I like about American my country is that we not only help each other but we help other countries too. I was just trying to make a point if you see kids, teens, even grown ups waiting for these celebrities why not give them a water bottle or even a hi. They spent lots of money buy their clothes, movies, anything they sell. The least they can do is give water for the 7 people outside. That’s at least what they can do. Your comment is just stupid to talk about a person races and I can say something bad about ur races but I will not go to your level and I will not allow that. No races is perfect and is a sad day when a 12 year old teaches u this. You probably r going to say bad worlds to the 12 year old because thats the only way you can express ur self. Stay in school and don’t take drugs. God bless

Maggie

Posted at 10:50 AM on March 23, 2012

I just notices I have some misspell words and I can’t fix it jeje.

Smh

Posted at 6:54 AM on March 23, 2012

Selena can’t just walk out in the middle of filming, ultimately delaying production to take pictures with fans. She did that when they first started filming and got in a lot of trouble. Also when she did get to interact with her fans on another occasion she immediately apologized for all the cursing, fighting, etc. imagine being in her position. This is her first movie where she can’t fall back on her show for support so obviously she just wants to make it the best it can be.

Maggie

Posted at 10:15 AM on March 23, 2012

Do you really think stars film every second? What I saw and was S texting, V dancing,A just sitting there. Fans just looking at them. Say what you want about Miley but when I saw her she was super nice to her fans ( 100’s) and Selena and the other girls only had 7. This is when they should start worrying when u only have 7 fans.

Smh

Posted at 3:20 PM on March 23, 2012

I never said anything about Miley. Also Selena has millions of fans so she does not need to worry. And on other occasions Selena did take time to interact with fans it just so happens that one of those times was not when you were there. Also just because they are not filming does not mean that they can walk around. The set is their place of work and just like an office would be a place of work for someone else. Just because they are not necessarily filming at the time does not mean that they can walk around and do whatever.

Maggie

Posted at 9:11 PM on March 23, 2012

The trailer is not a set? Are u the mom with ur teens waiting to see Selena for 2 days and begging to the guards to take a pic with her? If it is I’m not going to fight with you because my friends and I made a bet to see if you would take a pic with Selena and I said that u would jejejejejejejejjejej it was very late and 2 days for a person that u had 1 second with but I got 20 dollars for winning the bet?

Arcachnar

Posted at 7:30 AM on March 26, 2012

Wait. You call Selena a slut, because she is wearing a bikini? Silly little girl. If you had any brains you would have known that The movie is set on or near the beach.

And what do you wear at the beach? Swimsuits or bikinis. So your statement is wrong.

And here we go claiming that she was not very nice. Please. Everyone can claim that.

Selena even gave food and water to those who were waiting for her at one of her concerts.

Do you really think that Selena or any other stars has the time when they are filming a movie?

Maggie

Posted at 3:11 PM on March 26, 2012

That’s right the movie is rate R because she is wearing a bikini. Not because being drunk, singing a song about people licking her private part, or trying to kill someone. Im so sorry she is an angel. Your telling me that Selena who was a Disney child
Singing a song about licking her butt and her private is an angle? Not that long ago she believed that a person should not have sex before you get marry and now she singing a song to lick her butt and private part. Justin bibber never worked in Disney and I have never saw him go so low. These 4 girls have no respect for them self . Maybe your life is this way and you like to have ur butt lick ewwwww! Nice to know that she gave food and water to people in her concert. Maybe next time she can do it when there is no people from the news. Being humble is not showing off. Humble is when you do something because it feels good not when the cameras are on you.

Arcachnar

Posted at 4:40 AM on March 27, 2012

Have not forgot that she wanted to more MATURE movies, instead of Disney Movies?

She is 19 years old. She is not a little kid anymore.

Have you seen the t-shirts of what Justin had wearing? Or the language that he spoke against others? Yes. all curse words and stuff. So get your fact straight.

All the actors and/or interviewers have all said that Selena IS humble, down to earth, non-diva.

Do you really think that she knew that the paps were going to make news of it, about her baking for her fans?

Besides, the cameras was not on her when she baked those things. Have you seen the photos or videos of it? No.

Is it that of a big deal that you are wearing a bikini on a beach? Are you living in the 3o’s or something?

It is still not sure if this song is going to be in the movie. Someone said that he saw in a ‘script’. It has not been confirmed that it is actually true.

Singing a song is a lot different than having sex before marriage.

Maggie

Posted at 3:56 PM on March 27, 2012

There is nothing wrong about doing a more grown up movie, but if you worked in Barney, then Disney, then a movie about wishing someone can lick your butt well naked girls are dancing all around you that’s what I meant about Selena hurting her fans. Maybe Selena will have new fans that like to have their butt licked, just like you. How are you? If your older then a 12 year old you are a loser to fight with me. I know the truth hurts but get over it!

helllokitty2142

Posted at 8:05 PM on March 22, 2012

I don’t know why but Selena sounds so boring… I would rather hang out with another celeb than her. (That’s my opinion)

Bubble buddy

Posted at 7:35 PM on March 22, 2012

Dude just stfu no shes not she is just trying a new thing b!tch got haters these days!!!!! I LUV AND SUPPORT THE JELENA

Bubble buddy

Posted at 7:34 PM on March 22, 2012

Dude just stfu no shes not she is just trying a new thing b!tch got heters these days!!!!! I LUV AND SUPPORT THE JELENA

Nicole

Posted at 7:21 PM on March 22, 2012

Cant stand people who do things for attention.if you arnt going to drink why go to a bar.shes just creating gossip to get people to notice her more.just attention seeking drama queen.

michael

Posted at 7:02 PM on March 22, 2012

good for u Selena for not wanting to party.for being 19 you know better and have a good head on your shoulders.allways keeping your eyes on the prize:)LOVE U MUCH SELENATOR 4 EVER!

HL

Posted at 9:46 AM on March 23, 2012

Selena definitely has a good head on her shoulders. It seems to be a rare thing these days for some starlets!

eily

Posted at 6:21 PM on March 22, 2012

she’ll do anything to get more famous i mean if she thinks this movie means going into bars and all that she could just not do it! emma was casted and she didnt want to!!!! she thinks this movie will make her out of her disney princess character…but….!

michael

Posted at 6:58 PM on March 22, 2012

stop hating on her,u r just like all the others wo don’t like her.here’s a thought,stop reading articles on her.you know you can’t because u admire her deep inside.SELENATOR 4 EVER!

Katelin Marie Gomez

Posted at 8:27 PM on March 22, 2012

Dount be mean come on if you say that your just as worse and just to say she’s my sister.so chill

smurf

Posted at 5:57 PM on March 22, 2012

Sel is still a teen the other girls are older of course she’s not gonna go wild at bars. I believe you don’t have to get drunk or get high to have a good time. I know it’s hard with peer pressure but good for Selena for not following the ‘cool’ crowd just to fit in, my respect for her just skyrocketed.

trevor talbert

Posted at 5:35 PM on March 22, 2012

i always admire her no matter what she does, she is only acting.

HL

Posted at 9:45 AM on March 23, 2012

True! She’s a great role model off the screen, only playing characters on screen.

Kat

Posted at 5:17 PM on March 22, 2012

Goid for you Selena! :)

Gig

Posted at 4:58 PM on March 22, 2012

If she doesn’t drink why go to a bar where people are going to talk about you.I’m 12 and if I was rich and famouse just like her and i don’t want people to talk bad about me don’t go were their is trouble. Also, making movies as a cheap person doesnt help. You can make any movie you want. Look At Emma she didn’t do this movie. That why I like Emma

Sarah

Posted at 5:05 PM on March 22, 2012

Couldn’t agree with you more. I’m 12 too.

david b conway

Posted at 1:45 AM on March 24, 2012

DEAR HOLLYWOOD LIFE , WEB SITE HI MY NAME IS DAVID CONWAY AND MY COMMENTS TO THE ACTRESS OF SELENA GOMEZ , I CAN UNDER STEAND THAT SELENA GOMEZ JUST READ MY COMMENT HERE AT ALL BUT I HAVE TO TELL HER JUST IN 2 WEEKS FROM NOW IS THE KIDS CHOICES AWARDS ON SATURDAY NIGHT THE 31 OF MARCH , LOVE DAVID B CONWAY

Sabrina

Posted at 5:17 PM on March 22, 2012

Not everybody goes to bars to drink some bars have really great food.

Gig

Posted at 9:01 PM on March 22, 2012

Selena is not everybody and Selena can offer food better than a bar.

Cady

Posted at 5:54 PM on March 22, 2012

I’m 16 and I couldn’t agree with you more. lol :)

Eve

Posted at 7:23 PM on March 22, 2012

It’s only a dang movie! You choose to do it or not, either way it’s for experince and money! Who cares about Emma. She’s not as big as Selena, Vanessa, or Ashley beacause she’s afraid to take chances. After all it is only acting. And where did it say Selena went into a bar? People under 21 are restricted from there. The source only stated Selena doesn’t drink take it and leave it. Everyone else can decide for themselves when they get into the peer pressure stage.

Gig: Maggie

Posted at 9:07 PM on March 22, 2012

Would u sell your soul for a couple a bucks? Emma didn’t . And if Emma is a nobody why did ask her to be in the movie before Ashely ? She has better things to do.

Arcachnar

Posted at 7:43 AM on March 26, 2012

Emma could not combine this movie with other things. That is why she dropped out. Not because this kind of movie.

Maggie

Posted at 3:59 PM on March 26, 2012

For your information she didn’t know his work and when she found out what kind of work he does she said forget. http://www.movieweb.com/news/emma-roberts-pulls-out-of-harmony-korines-spring-breakers

Here is the website. She had the time but she knows she is better than that.

Cleo

Posted at 11:27 PM on March 22, 2012

Ladies, DON’T EVER GIVE YOUR AGE OUT ON THE INTERNET! EVER! EVER! EVER!

Arcachnar

Posted at 9:46 AM on March 30, 2012

Yeah. The other thing that you should not do, is placing personal stuff on the internet like: Adressess, Phone numbers or emails. Not all on the internet have good intentions.