'One Tree Hill' Recap: Dan Scott Says Goodbye

Thu, March 22, 2012 12:30am EST by 40 Comments

Dan finally earns his son’s love & gets a surprise visitor from ‘Tree Hill’ past! This was the most emotional episode of the season.

Jamie’s (Jackson Brundage) words “He’ll be alright, he’s Grandpa Dan,” echoed throughout the hospital on the March 21 episode of One Tree Hill, as everyone came together after Dan (Paul Johansson) took a a bullet for Nathan (James Lafferty).

The doctors informed the newly reunited Scott family that after being shot, and combined with his heart problems, it was likely that Dan wouldn’t survive. Throughout the episode, Dan had flashbacks of the many paths he’d chosen in life. Some were good moments, like the 0ne time he and Nathan actually played basketball without keeping score, but others were more tragic events Dan sincerely regrets, like shooting his brother. But just when you thought he’d pull through, Dan flatlined and was visited by none-other-than his brother, Keith (Craig Sheffer). At this point, I thought it was appropriate to cry along with Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti), since she was the only person in tears the entire time.

Meanwhile, Brooke’s (Sophia Bush) father appeared at her front door, claiming he was concerned about his daughter after she’d been attacked by Xavier (Devin McGee), but Brooke didn’t believe it. And her suspicions proved to be right when he revealed he was only there for business, eager to sell Baker Man even though it doesn’t even exist yet. Because Ted (Richard Burgi) totally shut his daughter out of his life, Brooke proved she can close things too, by closing the door — right in his face! And despite all of the problems in her own life, Brooke still remained elated that Julian (Austin Nichols) finally had an idea for his sound stage.

Elsewhere, Clay (Robert Buckley) tried his best to prove he can be a good father by showing up at Sarah’s parents house to see Logan (Pierce Gagnon). He pleaded for them to let him be a part of his son’s life, and finally they caved — because if they didn’t, Clay, Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) and Logan couldn’t be the perfect blond family. (Duh!) Now that he’d finally found Logan, what he’d been looking for all along, Clay told his son that he was willing to be a part of his life. Finally, the moment I’d been waiting for since it was revealed that Clay had a son: Logan met Quinn and all was right in Tree Hill.

Even Dan Scott had himself a happy ending. After a heartbreaking conversation-slash-hallucination with Nathan, in which his son finally said he loved him, Dan was also forgiven by Keith’s ghost. Keith told Dan he could be his “plus one” in heaven, and the Scott brothers vanished down the hallway of Tree Hill High School.

So, apparently it really is possible to kill Dan Scott — but I don’t think he can be denied forgiveness. If his own brother can forgive him, then so can I.

What did you think of tonight’s incredible episode? Do you think Dan received a proper send-off? And have you, like Keith and Nathan, finally forgiven Dan for what he did? Leave us a comment with your thoughts on the man, the myth, the legend — Dan Scott.

— Jaymie Bailey

mechanicsville Honda wholesale part

Posted at 7:46 PM on March 1, 2014

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different
website and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
Look forward to looking over your web page repeatedly.

Aiken Carrick

Posted at 9:46 AM on November 8, 2013

I mean I was with Dan the whole time, he really tried his best to amend the wrongs that he did and get back with his family. I really think he deserved that send off and forgiveness from Keith and Nathan but if they all would get back together at the end it would be an epic season finale.

Swapneel Ghosh

Posted at 6:18 AM on October 11, 2013

This episode was the best episode of all the 9 seasons, it showed how one tree hill wasn’t just about Nathan and Lucas, but it was about Dan Scott and how he found redemption. It showed us that it’s never too late to be good, and that it gets better if you do the right thing. Dan deserved forgiveness, he earned it. :)

erin

Posted at 2:05 PM on June 29, 2013

Mark Schwahn the best but made the show confusing for people watching the show

5654funny

Posted at 9:12 PM on June 23, 2013

The one thing that got me upset was The family and how they treated dan and said mean things to him in Season 4 Season 5 and Season 6

I Never liked Karen Deb and how they treated dan and said mean things to him in Season 4 Season 5 and Season 6

this was in Season 6 when Karen and Lucas gave dan a mean look and that got me upset

5654funny

Posted at 9:00 PM on June 23, 2013

This video reminds me of all the reasons I fell in love with the greatest show that has ever, and will ever, exist. Thank you for this amazing tribute!
Its been over 3 months since One Tree Hill ended and I still havent got over it. I still cry at every episode, video, tweet… There is only one tree hill and its my home, and it always will be. It will be in my hear forever, always and forever. I love you One Tree Hill 2003-2012.

Emy

Posted at 7:59 AM on March 7, 2013

To forgive,they says it divine….as lucus forgiven him?…if yes then it all good!

Lilian

Posted at 3:59 AM on December 21, 2012

Good for have forgiven Dan Scott, we all have a bad side either exposed or hidden

vickylove

Posted at 1:42 PM on July 6, 2012

wow! so dan finally gave up. makes it more interesting. i think he deserved

team lucas scott

Posted at 5:31 PM on June 26, 2012

what about lucas did they make peace

debbie

Posted at 6:29 AM on June 23, 2012

great show,seriously this is one of my best show so far. I just feel so bad dat lucas and peyton couldn’t make d finale, i mean they made this show great, they started it, they gave the show meaning and made it exciting. I felt bad that they were not included in it even after they left dey were not included as if they were not part of it before. So bad. Gud for nathan that he finally forgave his father, lucas shld av tried to since dan was gonna die anyway.

Cadette

Posted at 2:17 PM on June 14, 2012

Great!!!!!!!!
Finally,Peyton and Lucus made it. Happy for Brooke and Julia. Dan really deserved forgiveness.