Katy Perry's Full 'Part Of Me' Video: Is She Getting Revenge On Russell Brand?

Thu, March 22, 2012 9:59pm EDT by 49 Comments

Katy toughens up & fights back against a cheating boyfriend in the just-released music video. Watch it here!

After watching Katy Perry‘s music video for “Part Of Me,” our first thought was, “Wow, the Marines have gotten really clever with their marketing.” Our second thought was, “Wow, this is totally about Russell Brand.” Both are true. In the just-released video, Katy’s character dumps her lying, cheating boyfriend and joins the Marines to toughen up.

We know Katy has denied that “Part Of Me” is about her break up with Russell, but the music video couldn’t be any more telling. Katy’s character is listening to the radio, and a caller complains about her boyfriend always being away — and wasn’t “distance”a major catalyst for their split?)

Watch Katy’s video for “Part Of Me” below, then tell us: Do you think this is about Russell?

Loading video...

I luv ya KT

Posted at 8:04 PM on July 7, 2012

Your movie is moving and amazing and I love you sooo much you are a true inspiration, and to Russel, forget about him! You’re soo much betta girl!

Miah

Posted at 5:32 PM on May 25, 2012

I Wov u Katy perry and nice job on your song PART OF Me that I love <3

will

Posted at 11:51 AM on April 28, 2012

Katy Perry is my idol. I always dance to her songs or change the pitch in it. What I’m trying to say is Katy won’t lie to her fans. Katy I >3 you :)

Rachel

Posted at 1:41 PM on May 3, 2012

im not like other people who like u soo much and im not rich either so i think i am a good fan of urs i lov u so much ur songs r great xx

synster gates

Posted at 1:59 PM on April 27, 2012

Katy perry-i love all yr songs its very damn nice :)

Jim4

Posted at 5:37 PM on April 25, 2012

I love Katy perry so much best video ever

IVANNA

Posted at 11:26 AM on April 21, 2012

AWESOME
YOUR SO DU7M YOU DIDNT LIKE IT IS

C

Posted at 2:13 AM on April 17, 2012

This song sucks. I expected a lot more from Katy Perry!!! but yes, totally obvious it’s about him. Thought that as soon as I heard the 2nd sentence of the song.

nobu

Posted at 8:26 AM on April 16, 2012

katy perry rox this is now my fav song .i dnt rely care bout russell he lost the best wife he cud eva hav he is a looooooooooooooser.

ashley

Posted at 12:30 PM on April 14, 2012

Katy know mader how much trouble u get in to punsh him in is face

H.K.N

Posted at 9:33 PM on April 12, 2012

She totally made this song about him, no doubt. Go Katy!
Russel, you are a f***** JERK!

CLARISSA

Posted at 8:25 AM on April 7, 2012

Katy perry RockSS..

sh0rdii

Posted at 4:35 AM on April 6, 2012

wasn’t this song written like ages ago even before she was wit russell brand?

Avril

Posted at 12:35 PM on April 4, 2012

That was a weird but cool marine music video!!!!

me

Posted at 12:33 PM on April 4, 2012

That was a good music video!!!

Alexis

Posted at 9:34 PM on April 1, 2012

This music video rocks!! You know, the one of Katy perry “part of me” well it totally rocks and I so think that is is about Russell brand because it is so obvious. I mean she was totally so sad after that so she probably made the song when she was thinking of how mean he was to her I mean it is hard to have a break up especially a divorce. I would of never gotten through that so she is a really strong person and she is also supporting the marines when she made this music video so she is strong in a lot of ways so I am really proud of her. LOVE YOU KATY PERRY YOU ROCK!!!!!

Kelly

Posted at 1:40 AM on April 1, 2012

Cool video, except for the parts of her singing while in her camis. That was sort of strange looking. Otherwise, good job Katy. Love our troops!

Katie jones

Posted at 5:38 AM on April 9, 2012

H iya it is Katy perry how are you today
Katie jones

Zoe

Posted at 1:48 PM on June 7, 2012

This video wont even load! Its stupid!