'Pretty Little Liars' Season 3 Scoop: Did Paige Kill Maya?

Tue, March 20, 2012 3:11pm EDT by 131 Comments

Who do YOU think killed Maya? And furthermore, do you think she’s really dead?

While Pretty Little Liars fans are still reeling from last night’s revelation that Mona (Janel Parrish) is “A”, or at least one member of the “A” Team, I’m here to talk about the other twist of the evening: Maya’s (Bianca Lawson) death! It was a heartbreaking moment for Emily (Shay Mitchell) and ‘Emaya’ fans alike, and I have a feeling the killer is right under Emily’s nose — or rather, attached to her face.

Yes, I’m officially pointing my speculative finger at Emily’s other woman, Paige McCullers (Lindsey Shaw.) Not only was it beyond suspicious that Paige should happen to resurface on the same night Maya’s body was discovered, but a source tells me Lindsey will very much be a part of the show’s upcoming third season “because her storyline is hot.”

Of course, there is a slight possibility that Maya isn’t dead after all. Emily’s mom (Nia Peeples) merely said the police think the body belongs to Maya. We won’t know for sure until Pretty Little Liars returns with all-new episodes June 5.

Who do YOU think killed Maya? Was it Paige, or another member of the ‘A’ Team? Or do you think Maya is actually still alive? We’ve got a long wait until we get our answer, so drop your best theories in the comments section below!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Pretty Little Liars scoop

c

Posted at 11:13 PM on June 19, 2012

I think it might be a possibility that Emily’s MOM killed maya. Everyone saw how she acted when she found out about emily and maya i though that maybe she never got over it and decided to end it between them

Trinity

Posted at 10:07 AM on June 19, 2012

I totally agree now that I have read this article. Paige had ever reason to kill her. Just like Mona got mad when the liars stole Hannah away from her. Well, the only reason they stole her away was to solve the case about who was A which was Mona! Anyway, since Emily chose Maya over Paige she decided to kill her. Emily would need some comforting, so she knew it was perfect.

LUKA

Posted at 3:52 PM on June 15, 2012

So pretty little liars is deff heating up , the suspence is just overwhelming. So we all know mona is the first of the A team to be revealed its just a matter of time for the others to come crumbling down . when garret mentions to spencer to look at for someone close to her i took that as not only is there someione you thought you could trust you shouldnt but i think its much closer than anyone could imagine , how closer can you get then one of the girls themselves i mean think about it what better way to throw off everything .

diamond fortier

Posted at 2:58 PM on June 15, 2012

I too. Think Mr Fitz is The head honcho. He has far to big of a role. Bigger than any of the other boys. I don’t think ally had anything to do with the a team. Because she was getting messages. And was scared. She dressed up as another person to spy on the A team. They also reside in Brookehaven. Each girl literally has their own A team. That’s what I’ve established. Ren is part of it. Maybe the mom now trying to get garret out but I think she wants information. More than him to be free!

Maddy

Posted at 9:28 AM on June 15, 2012

Well in the book killer its relived that alison pushed her twin Courtney in the hole because she pretend tpo be allison And Mona knew all theere secrets because in the free boxs maya put out of Allisons stuff her diary was in there and Mona took it .I miss Maya she and Emeily were my fave characters I hope she did not die i almost cried when i saw that part

parwatisingari

Posted at 10:12 AM on June 13, 2012

what about samara, the fling that Emily has?

Ashley

Posted at 11:15 PM on June 12, 2012

Omg u r so right

shea

Posted at 4:45 PM on June 9, 2012

IS MAYA REALLY GAY WITH EMILY

Em

Posted at 12:18 AM on June 6, 2012

Where did the idea of EZRA being part of a team come from ive read most of the books and havnt seen any indications on the show that his part of it?

CURLESHEA

Posted at 2:53 PM on July 7, 2012

there werent really any clues that it was mona either

zarina

Posted at 3:50 AM on June 3, 2012

i honestly believe, that was not maya’s body! that they had found.

vanessa

Posted at 7:52 PM on June 2, 2012

im determined tht the killer is allison or paaige because 1 alli did live in tht house and she through all ofnallis stuff out but paige was a little jelous of emaya so either those to and WOW EZRAS APART OF THE A TEAM MIND BLOWN

Lina

Posted at 2:03 PM on June 2, 2012

I believe the members of the A team are; Mona, Jenna, Melissa, ezra, Lucas, allison… I think Garrett was apart of the so called team until he was kicked out. But I think Jenna set Garrett up for some reason. I’m pretty sure about these groups of ppl… Their suspicious and looking at the fact that they’ve been spotted together, chances are. I’ve known that Mona was A for the longest time, she’s been my number one suspect and the night she bumped into Spencer after buying those sweaters cuz she was supposely trying to heal after getting dumped .. I intantly knew she was A. Plus Maya might be alive but if she’s dead, I think Melissa killed her. The night of the masked ball, Melissa dressed up as the black swan and aria, Emily and Hannah chased her out the builing but lost her.. I think Melissa was heading to Emily house to plant the body bag there because that was apart of the a team plan. And I Definaley think Mona, Jenna, Melissa, & a mysterious buy planned that evening. Oh plus emember the episode where Jenna met with someone and said she was finally glad to see him. I’m guessing that that mysterious person was a dude. My hunch is that it was Ezra. He showed up right on the dot. Aat the ball, the girls were suppose to search for A but instead got side track by ppl. Aria was caught between a txt from someone and thar someone was Ezra.. so I’m guessing Ezra was a distraction and paige was too, but something about Caleb feels wrong, he might be a part of the a team but then again, I don’t think he is…. It’s confusing but I think a wants to hurt the liars more than she wants to get rid of them. I think the person whose in charge of the a team is the real ally. I think Hannah was already hurt too many times, so Caleb might not be bad. I have this crazy feeling Ezra is just bad. Sorry but I take notes every time I watch an episode and I watch it over and over again .. Something about his charater is fishy.

uche

Posted at 1:27 PM on June 5, 2012

genius

CURLESHEA

Posted at 2:58 PM on July 7, 2012

Love the Way You think ;)

HDJ

Posted at 9:49 PM on June 1, 2012

I don’t think that Paige had anything to do with the death of Maya. I think it is a “stunt” just so people could jump to conclusions and say ” oh Paige killed Maya. End of story!” No! We will see what happens at the season finale because the producer of PLL says that there will be a loved one who does in the end. I don’t think it is going to be any of the Liars but if it had to be, it is probably Spencer because 1) she is related to the DeLaurientis’s and 2) her sister also dated someone(Ian) that was trying to kill spencer. And if it’s not any of the Liars who does in the finale, i don’t know what to say! It’s too hard to pick 1 out of all the sick and twisted evil minded people! Don’t forget to watch Season 3 premire of Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family on Monday June 5th 8/7c !!!!!

chloe

Posted at 11:19 PM on June 19, 2012

I think melissa will die. she is a loved one and i think she is in way too deep with the story

Macy

Posted at 4:37 PM on June 1, 2012

i think maya isnt dead it could be an old body or maybe
even alisons body but with dyed hair cause alison loved to dye her hair alot who knows lets hope to find out JUNE 5

Lucy Lue

Posted at 4:36 PM on May 31, 2012

Wow. Just wow. This is so stupid. What’s the point of telling ‘Spoilers’ if your not specific and accurate. D>U>M>B.

Robert

Posted at 7:39 PM on May 30, 2012

It was Mona who killed Maya! Remember when they said that Mona was alive and her watch was beeping? It was probably a bomb!

Bobby

Posted at 6:48 PM on May 31, 2012

Wow! You are probably right! You are so smart! Paige also could be involved some how though.

Rick

Posted at 6:49 PM on May 31, 2012

You sre a genius!

george

Posted at 4:49 AM on June 4, 2012

i thought that too but the watch was to tell her that it was past midnight becuse that was the time that she was meant to get the phone back by

viv

Posted at 10:16 AM on July 9, 2012

but did maya die because the house blew up?

anonymus

Posted at 7:13 PM on May 29, 2012

I THINK EMILY’S MOM KILLED MAYA BECAUSE REMEMBER WHEN HER MOM WAS ALL MAD BECAUSE SHE BRANG HER TO HER TO THE HOUSE,AND SHE THOUGHT THEY WERE DOING IT,AND SHES DIDN’T LIKE MAYA AT ALL THAT SHE SOLD HER OUT TO HER PARENTS THAT SHES HAD WEED , AND SHE WENT TO REHABILITATION. – ANONYMUS

c

Posted at 11:20 PM on June 19, 2012

omg i thought the same thing and its perfect cause no one will expect her

dani

Posted at 10:36 PM on May 15, 2012

Omg I really hope Maya isn’t dead Emaya!!!!
Also Paige is going to find a way tohelp Emily through all of this then Maya is goin to resurface.

Steph

Posted at 11:24 AM on April 20, 2012

From what I’ve been seeing, since Alison said “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer,” It’s really something. In the last episode when Mona saw “Vivian” it was the real Vivian (twin?) and she was looking through the window to see what Alison was doing because if you’d think about it, Maybe Vivian pretended to be Alison to get Alison’s life and since Ali found out, she pretended to be Vivian to see or to know what her twin was up to and to know the transactions of her sister. And when Vivian asked Mona what she wanted, Mona said she wants to be popular and Vivian gave her a number to call and said “On one condition” since Vivian knows Mona is mad at the PLLs, she recruited Mona to be part of the A-Team. And maybe what if Mona witnessed Ali’s death (if it was real). Also, I’ve read in an article, “Was the person in the red coat at the end Mona’s accomplice? It’s unclear, but King teases: “Red is the new black. I think that’s the best way to say it: Red is the new black.” Maybe the Vivian Darkbloom we know wearing the RED coat is the BLACK swan from the masquerade ball though I’m not saying Ali’s Vivian.

Lucas can be part of the team too because he’s good at pictures as we’ve seen the pictures in A’s lair.

Caleb can be Mona’s real boyfriend too since they’re both good at hacking and technology so they’re the ones taking care of the texts and videos.

Wren can also be part as we’ve seen his “fire place” and kind of the same where A was burning the pictures. And what if he’s the one deciding where to hit the girls (Hannah’s accident) or what chemicals to use, maybe smoke (Emily)

Ezra, not so sure but he might have had a plan to ruin Aria’s family’s life because he’s related to Aria’s dad’s mistress but instead of hating Aria, he really fell in love and she couldn’t back of the Team which made him want to “leave and stay away from Aria” but he didn’t.

This death of Maya may be real and she died because Paige’s jealous and accidentally or purposely killed Maya considering Paige appeared in the night Maya died and the texts and calls could’ve been recorded or sent by Paige.

Lastly, Have you wondered why Spencer didn’t want the PLLs to get her sistet, Melissa, be in jail? Well maybe because she knows her sister isn’t A cause she is A or she’s part of the team, if you would analyze her expression when Mona told her to join the team, as if she knew already or she heard about it. After all, Spencer’s related to the Di Laurentis.

I’ll leave you with this, there are times where Alison’s nice and friendly (Giving named bracelets) but sometimes she’s also mean and crazy (Halloween), maybe, there are really 2 of her. “2 can keep a secret if 1 of them is dead”

Nicole

Posted at 7:27 AM on April 27, 2012

You have a wild imagination girl

Alexa

Posted at 11:56 PM on May 8, 2012

oh my gosh, you’re so awesome!

Wracquel

Posted at 2:06 PM on May 30, 2012

I think you are a genius… Or did you just read the script lol…

Alex

Posted at 7:34 PM on June 2, 2012

Alison had a twin. Courtney. She died. And, Alison is the REAL ‘A’. That’s what I think. And, Ali killed Maya & Courtney. (:

CURLESHEA

Posted at 3:09 PM on July 7, 2012

why would ali kill maya?!

louis

Posted at 3:26 AM on June 7, 2012

yes! it’s alisons twin sister courtney, she and alison got swapped for going into the mental home cuz courtney pretended to be alison and so alison killed courtney, ali’s still alive!

happyily0256

Posted at 1:23 AM on April 15, 2012

Idk really no wat to think something is saying she iz then again not but i just hope not

Jackie

Posted at 8:20 PM on April 10, 2012

I think Maya isn’t dead but I think Paige would kill her to get to Emily but I also think she wouldn’t cuz then that would make Emily like her less

Jess

Posted at 8:18 PM on April 10, 2012

I think that Maya isn’t dead cuz she sent Emily a text not so long before this whole Mona being A is revealed and I think she is still alive and that she’s part of the A team cuz she disappeared and only told Emily she’s ok and not to tell her parents anything so it’s a lol suspicious that she’s gone while they found a’s hideout but then again Maya hasn’t spent much time with the girls but anyways o think she’s alive

Alexa

Posted at 11:57 PM on May 8, 2012

dude. I think the one who texted was a. duh.

Ray Ray

Posted at 4:56 PM on June 1, 2012

Mona sent that text though, not Maya!

Nina

Posted at 5:23 PM on April 9, 2012

Maya is dead. Marlene King (the producer) said a a loved character would die in the finale. I doubt Paige would kill Maya, although it would bea nice twist. Either she was killed by someone from the A-Team or from drugs.

Anna

Posted at 3:55 PM on April 9, 2012

I don’t think she is really dead, I think that she’s now part of the A-Team to get revenge on Emily.

Lucia

Posted at 10:58 AM on May 29, 2012

Why would Maya wanted to get revenge on Emily???
What did Em done wrong? Or did she done something to Maya, so she wanted to get revenge on Em.??

Emily

Posted at 12:31 PM on April 1, 2012

I think that Paige is a member of the A TEAM. And tht she is the one that killed Maya because she was jealous because Emily loves Maya and didn’t love her.