'Pretty Little Liars' Season 3 Scoop: Did Paige Kill Maya?

Tue, March 20, 2012 3:11pm EST by 131 Comments

Who do YOU think killed Maya? And furthermore, do you think she’s really dead?

While Pretty Little Liars fans are still reeling from last night’s revelation that Mona (Janel Parrish) is “A”, or at least one member of the “A” Team, I’m here to talk about the other twist of the evening: Maya’s (Bianca Lawson) death! It was a heartbreaking moment for Emily (Shay Mitchell) and ‘Emaya’ fans alike, and I have a feeling the killer is right under Emily’s nose — or rather, attached to her face.

Yes, I’m officially pointing my speculative finger at Emily’s other woman, Paige McCullers (Lindsey Shaw.) Not only was it beyond suspicious that Paige should happen to resurface on the same night Maya’s body was discovered, but a source tells me Lindsey will very much be a part of the show’s upcoming third season “because her storyline is hot.”

Of course, there is a slight possibility that Maya isn’t dead after all. Emily’s mom (Nia Peeples) merely said the police think the body belongs to Maya. We won’t know for sure until Pretty Little Liars returns with all-new episodes June 5.

Who do YOU think killed Maya? Was it Paige, or another member of the ‘A’ Team? Or do you think Maya is actually still alive? We’ve got a long wait until we get our answer, so drop your best theories in the comments section below!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Pretty Little Liars scoop

Mackenzie

Posted at 12:12 PM on April 1, 2012

I think Paige sent Emily those messages because the email said in the middle of a swim meet I look at u and ur still Paige was a swimmer on the swim team.

Team Emaya

Posted at 12:08 PM on April 1, 2012

I think tht Paige killed Maya because the night tht Paige tried to kiss Emily, Paige said a lot of things about Maya and after Emily rejected her Paige could have been angry tht Emily loved Maya and then killed her! R.i.p Maya!

Alice

Posted at 8:22 AM on April 1, 2012

Maya is really did die because she’s not returning to the show
And I don’t maya was the one text Emily towards the end because it seemed a little off
I reckon paige did it she creepy and it makes sense , why won’t Mona kill maya?

Mackenzie

Posted at 12:10 PM on April 1, 2012

I think tht Paige sent Emily those messages. Especially the email because it said when I look at u during a swim meet you are still and Paige is a swimmer on the swim team.

Ilovegreenleafs

Posted at 7:29 PM on March 31, 2012

If Maya got killed I will be REALLY upset, there was really no Emily-Maya time!!! Maya was gone not too long after she came back from true north or whatever that place is called.

I don’t think Paige killed Maya (if she’s really dead) doesn’t make sense… And I don’t like the Emily-Paige storyline.

Janet

Posted at 1:34 PM on March 31, 2012

In a interview with A shim said that they always liked Paige better so A could have killed Maya

NO ONE

Posted at 12:42 PM on March 29, 2012

I really love pretty little liers!! i THINK MAYA IS ALIVE CAUSE THEY SAID THEY “THINK”
LOVE IT

Heinz

Posted at 2:39 PM on March 28, 2012

I am feeling so damn bad seeing Emily broken this way i loved/love EMAYA like crazy! IF MAYA IS DEAD I WILL STOP FOLLOWING PRETTY LITTLE LIARS!!!

i loved/love EMAYA and always will :)
missing them already :(

Mike

Posted at 9:42 PM on March 27, 2012

I think she is still alive and that was a member Of the A team whi tried to kill her

Selina

Posted at 8:08 PM on March 27, 2012

Of course, they just HAD to kill off a lesbian. I knew it was going to happen, so i dried out my eyes before hand. The Reaction from Emily made me so sad and weak, she didnt diserve that. As for the killer, i have 3 who look pretty suspicious. Paige, Mona, and Melissa. Paige just so happen to be wearing a Romeo costume like Emily, Melissa just so happen to be at the crime scene looking fully aware of whats happening and clearly showing no emotion whatsoever, and Mona could have just done it because her “boss” told her to. My money is on Paige.

Ana

Posted at 9:47 PM on March 26, 2012

I think melissa killed her, because she had no saddness to her when they showed her while Emily was bawling, And melissa is part of the “Ateam”

stacey

Posted at 10:56 AM on August 16, 2012

i think melissa did kill maya and is part of the A team i don’t think maya is really dead i think it’s a cruel prank

Raegan

Posted at 9:26 PM on March 26, 2012

I pray Maya isn’t dead because she had such a beautiful relationship with Emily and after seeing Emily cry like that I could only imagine her at Maya’s funeral. Also,I can see Paige killing Maya because of the obvious reason. I have always hated Paige but if she killed Maya my hatred will grow stronger.

Morgan Granger

Posted at 6:22 PM on March 26, 2012

I think it was someone from the A team. They seem to be more involved.

Thomas

Posted at 8:05 PM on March 24, 2012

It’s so crazy I don’t think it was Paige because, she would not hurt Emily like that. Even if Emily did not want to be with her. Now some part of me thinks it was Lucus why idk. But then we can’t just rule out Malissa now she somehow intertwined in this too. Looks like were just gonna have to wait till season 3.

P.M

Posted at 12:48 PM on March 24, 2012

I think that either Paige killed Maya to get back with Emily

sasha

Posted at 1:10 AM on March 23, 2012

I remember, Maya was receiving messages from an alleged affair he had in the camp, but his reaction was strange. and the last time you heard of it, was in a dark car at the station.

TX Mom

Posted at 9:34 PM on March 22, 2012

I get the feeling Dr. Sullivan has something to do with the A-Team! They obviously needed a mastermind behind the whole thing! I’ve never read the books…..I just get a feeling that Dr. Sullivan is playing some part in it. Can’t explain it…..

Lulu

Posted at 7:04 PM on March 22, 2012

You can’t overdose on pot. No way that’s how she “died”.

Fabuluus

Posted at 6:53 PM on March 22, 2012

To me, I think it was Emily’s sister cause if you look at her in the last scene she looks really suspicious like ‘oh this is sad, but it really doesn’t mean anything’ plus i think she killed Alison because, well Allison was obviously having an affair with that girls husband or boyfriend.

Sarah

Posted at 3:52 AM on March 26, 2012

Emily doesn’t have a sister. i think you mean Spencer’s sister. sorry I’m just like my dad in the way that i have to correct people

Corine

Posted at 4:58 PM on March 22, 2012

Paige came to the ball dressed as Romeo. Emily said that she wanted a Romeo t basically go with her costume.Mona basically pretended she was getting text messages from A. I think Garret is getting text think about it Jenna doesnt really love Garret it seems as though Jenna is all about loving her brother Toby. I think that Ian didnt get Melissa pregnant, I think it is Garrets baby, you never know it could just be Jason’s baby lol.

Corine

Posted at 4:46 PM on March 22, 2012

I agree with Jasmine. Another thing I found was that there was a red dress or coat at the end of the ep that approached Mona at the end. In that ep at the party you see someone watching them in a red dress especially Hannah. I think Kate has come back for revenge. I dont think she would have killed Mona but I def think it could have been Paige. I cried when Spencer broke down at the end.

Jasmine

Posted at 10:20 AM on March 22, 2012

I thought the same thing about Paige especially since she showed up dressed like “Romeo” @ the masquerading party like Em and Hannah were talkin about in the hotel when someone was listening to them

Emaya4ever

Posted at 8:05 AM on March 22, 2012

I dont think maya’s really dead because emily’s mom did say the cops found another body and they THINK it’s maya’s so we wont see until June 5th cant wait.

ST GERMAIN

Posted at 3:28 AM on March 22, 2012

Let me start off by saying..it’s not possible for someone to OD on WEED. I think Pam said ‘THINK’ because Maya has been missing for weeks, so in this case the word ‘think’ makes me believe the body is probably badly decomposed,or the face area is damaged beyond recognition. I am confused, how did she end up at Emily’s house? the house was not abandoned and Emily went by recently to talk with the tenants. If anyone noticed at the beginning of the police barrier there’s an ‘A’ on the barricade. Kinda makes me think it was a member of the A team, i know for sure it was an A-member who told the cops about the body. There was a threat,bring what you have for me or someone leaves in a body bag. Midnight came an A still didn’t get her belongings and someone did indeed leave in a body bag. I really think Maya was dead all along. It brings me to Paige’s speech to Emily,she kinda seem confident that Emily would need a shoulder,like she knew something had happened. All of Emily’s relationships seem to be targeted,however when she was with Paige no threats came, yes Paige was in the closet but don’t forget A knows everything. I guess what i am saying is, i believe Paige is a part of the A-TEAM. We know Mona is A,but she didn’t give Emily that massage. Another member did, someone who’s obsessed with Emily. The same A who forced Emily to give out her number to Samara’s friend and if it was indeed Paige who did that it makes sense, after all Emily left her and dated Samara. When Emily became single that was good for (obsessed A) but Maya came back. Therefore (obsessed A) was put to the challenged again (get rid of Maya) and so they did,now Emily is single again,who’s next in line?? PAIGE McCULLERS!

If Maya is alive then it has to be another one of the black girls in Rosewood who died, maybe the one Emily thought was Maya at the APPLE ROSE GRILL. Which doesn’t make sense,cause they’ll have to find out who killed her and where does she fit in? i say that’s too much work for someone who is not a part of the SL. One thing we know for sure, it’s someone black that’s why they think it’s MAYA. I know the Emaya fans went nuts Monday night,if MK tries to fix this and a white person jumps out the body bag, i will say WTH just happened. Are the Rosewood Police officers color blind?

Lucia

Posted at 11:22 AM on May 29, 2012

WOOOOW. I really like your opinion. And I totally agree with you! :D
Although, Melissa is kind a suspicious to me. She was standing there like she’s in theater. Everybody was disgusted and shocked what are they seeing.Melissa was just standing there, let me say, hmmm…cold-blooded ! like nothing happened. Melissa just so happen to be at the crime scene looking fully aware of what’s happening and clearly showing no emotion…
Think we’ll need to wait 7 more days to find it out! :D
Peace out! :P

Katherine

Posted at 9:35 PM on March 21, 2012

I think Maya killed herself. She lied to Emily about the pot. She could have over drugged. Thats my theory

Justine

Posted at 4:04 PM on March 21, 2012

What about that one episode where spencer went to confront jason about her dad and maya was walking away from him????? That was never explained but I do think maya never ran away and she got into a car at yhe bus station with somone from the A team?

ST GERMAIN

Posted at 3:36 AM on March 22, 2012

It was explained. Jason told the girls in 2×23 that Maya said her family found another bag with Alison’s belongings and that she dropped it off. She also explained the same thing to Emily later in episode 2×20. I think she ran into him by luck,he was standing at a fruit stand and i think that’s where she bought the fruits that she carried to Emily’s party in the same episode 2×20. The last episode we saw her in.

Lucia

Posted at 11:27 AM on May 29, 2012

As I see, you’ve got an answer for everything.. so I wondered..WHO THE HELL WAS UNDER THE SHEET IN MORTUARY??? you know that episode when at the and someone was moving under the sheet and then jumped of the (idk what it was) desk (bed)..and throw the sheet on the camera??