'One Tree Hill' Scoop: Paul Johansson Previews Dan's Life-Or-Death Episode

Tue, March 20, 2012 5:43pm EDT by 11 Comments

Hide the sharp objects! Paul says tomorrow night’s ‘One Tree Hill’ is going to be a nail-biter!

In case you weren’t able to tell from the intense promos, the March 21 episode of One Tree Hill is going to be the most emotional one yet — and Paul Johansson urges you to plan accordingly. Fans should “take any glass objects they have in the house, stomp on them, then walk in a puddle of iodine,” Paul tells HollywoodLife.com. “Therefore, they will be numb.”

The episode, titled “Danny Boy,” finds Tree Hill’s most controversial character hospitalized after being shot saving Nathan (James Lafferty) — and his life hangs in the balance. But as you might expect, Dan Scott isn’t giving up that easily.

“The character can’t be weepy or weak,” Paul tells me. “That’s not who he is. He takes his licks in life. … I’m very excited for people to see the episode.”

Dan does, however, reflect on the mistakes he’s made in his life — and there are many. But are you ready to forgive and forget?

“I know the audience has felt sympathy for him, but the truth is, Dan was never really forgiven,” Paul notes. “He feels so horrible about the choices he made, and he wishes he could do anything to change them — but he can’t. Dan will never ever be a man that isn’t tortured.

And even though there are only a few episodes left until the show’s April 4 series finale, fans needn’t worry about what lies ahead for Paul. He promises to continue channeling Dan Scott in real life, including actually drowning people in the sea.

“My private life is very similar,” he jokes (I hope.) “I have a couple of people I try to catch in the ocean. I can never find Robert Buckley down there, but I’d sure love to find him.”

How do YOU feel about Dan Scott, One Tree Hill fans? Will you be devastated if he doesn’t survive tomorrow’s episode? Do you think that saving Nathan redeemed him for murdering Keith? Watch a preview of the episode below, then hit up the comments section with your thoughts!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more One Tree Hill scoop

Joanne!!

Posted at 6:33 PM on May 7, 2012

I would forgive this man in a heart beat!
he has made some really bad choices but like the best he has always remained loyal to his kid!!
I actually <3 Dan Scott, got to be the best character in OTH!!

shares

Posted at 11:04 AM on April 6, 2012

It’s actually a great and useful piece of info. I am happy that you shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

Attorney Legal needs

Posted at 8:59 PM on April 5, 2012

I was suggested this web site via my cousin. I am now not positive whether this post is written by way of him as nobody else realize such specific about my trouble. You’re incredible! Thank you!

denell

Posted at 12:20 AM on March 22, 2012

i love what they did with Dan. He’s the one you love to hate! I think Paul Johannson plays him perfect. And is it just me or did Dan look especially better looking this season?! :)

Kendra

Posted at 9:05 PM on March 21, 2012

This was the most tear jearking episode ever! I wish it would have turned out differently. Dan is a great character and I have loved watching the show. I was sorry to hear that his mother has passed away last year. I thought highly of the show when they dedicated this episode in her name with the in memory to her at the end of the credits.

Kara

Posted at 8:39 PM on March 21, 2012

When it comes to Dan Scott I love his character. I was very upset when he killed Keith but at this point in the game he has changed. Period! He loves his grandkids and family and they love him. I would be very upset if he dies at the end. All I can think about is my daughter and how I would go to the extreme for her just like Dan. What wouldn’t you do for your kids?

Jenn

Posted at 6:35 AM on March 21, 2012

omg paul is so funny, joking about drowning people like dan does to clay lol hilarious

brooke

Posted at 3:55 AM on March 21, 2012

This episode is going to b EPIC!!!!
Even mark shwann said in the producer preview that its the best episode of season 9 AND the whole series

i hated dan when he killed keith but i love the relationship between him and jaime. He saved jaime from the crazy nanny carrie and then nathan from the criminals but he affected so many people with his nastiness (deb, nathan, lucas, whitey, karen, keith, lily) to name a few, i doubt he can b forgiven.

diana

Posted at 9:10 PM on March 20, 2012

SO SAD THE SHOW IS ENDING AND I HOPE HE GETS WHAT HE DESERVES!!!

Megan Martin (@meg121186)

Posted at 8:56 PM on March 20, 2012

I’ve never liked Dan Scott and I hated him after he killed Keith. I have liked how nice he has been to Jamie and I am beyond happy that he saved Nathan and in season 6 he saved Haley and Jamie, but he still killed Keith. And I can never forgive him for that!!

Will I be sad if he dies. I don’t know. When he had the heart attack and the fire I wanted him to die, but now..I’m not sure. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow how I feel about him after we find out if he lives or dies.

One Tree Hill Fan