Jennie Garth Barely Holds Back Tears In Emotional First Interview Post-Split: 'I Had No Idea'

Tue, March 20, 2012 1:46pm EDT by 19 Comments
Jennie Garth Divorce

When the ‘Beverly Hills, 90210′ star signed on for a reality show about her family, she never imagined her husband wouldn’t be a part of it!

When Jennie Garth dropped by Access Hollywood Live on March 20 to promote her new reality show — her first public appearance since she and husband Peter Facinelli announced their split March 13 — the conversation inevitably turned to her divorce. Though she’s trying to stay strong for the sake of her children, the actress and outspoken advocate for children’s literacy could barely hold it together while discussing the end of her 11-year union.

“I had no idea it was going to take this turn,” she said of her soon-to-be-dissolved marriage.

Fortunately for Jennie, working on Jennie Garth: Little Bit Country, which follows her and her three daughters — Luca, 14, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5 — as they trade the hustle and bustle of L.A. for a quiet farm in Santa Ynez Valley, Calif., has been therapeutic for her.

“My personal life is kind of crazy,” she admitted. “Some things in my life have been transitioning. This is what I need and what the girls need right now. I need that sort of shelter. It’s perfect.”

When host Billy Bush asked how she was coping with the split, Jennie got all choked up. There was no mistaking the pain in her eyes as she answered, “We’re doing great, thank you. Everything’s OK.”

During the interview, Jennie made it clear Twilight star Peter was not involved in filming the reality series. However, when asked whether her personal life plays into the show, she said, “I will say yes, but I hope that people will tune in and find out.”

No wonder Jennie is having such a hard time talking about her divorce — she’s obviously still coming to terms with the end her marriage! Could it be she didn’t even see it coming?

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers?

– Josh Rosenblatt

More Jennie Garth & Peter Facinelli News

1. Jennie Garth Seen First Time Since Split Without Wedding Ring!
  2. Peter Facinelli & Jennie Garth Deny Cheating Rumors
  3. Jennie Garth & Peter Facinelli Went Through Intensive Counseling To Save Marriage

Peta

Posted at 9:54 AM on May 16, 2012

Hi Jennie I read an article recently about your recent sprilt and can relate as I thought I was reading about my life. I was admitedly a fan of 902010 when it was here in Australia.
If you think your reality show is going to help you get through your greiving process good on you. I myself would not expose my personal life and my children, but I am not a celebrity, but I think it is too soon as it does take a long time to go through the greiving of a loss of a marriage that you have worked so hard for many years and for the children they are so fragile with emotions at a time like this. I know with my marrigage split my ex and I have also agreed for the children’s sake to keep it ambicable as for me the most important thing is not the now but when my kids look back on their life they can say job well done mum and dad for making it easy on us with raising us as you both did and realising that despite our divorced situation our kids knew especially that they are still loved by dad and mum. The other thing despite the reason for our marriage breakdown is that in front of the kids we made sure we were not bagging the other parent. I am sorry but I don’t warm up to reality programs too well as I feel it is an invasion of privacy of ones life. I sincerely hope it goes well for you. Make sure that you look after yourself as you children need you the most right now. That also goes for dad too. Kindest Regards

top paying careers

Posted at 9:52 AM on May 16, 2012

Thanks , I’ve just been searching for info approximately this topic for a long time and yours is the best I have discovered till now. However, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you sure in regards to the supply?|What i do not realize is if truth be told how you are not actually a lot more well-liked than you might be now. You’re very intelligent.

Nunya Business

Posted at 12:16 AM on May 12, 2012

First off… I get it, EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion regardless of what others think or say. I understand that so don’t get me wrong. Second. I love how ALL the people commenting are acting like they know both of these people and were close to them. None of us know what went on between Peter and Jennie so haters of Peter need to take a chill pill and get in the backseat with the rest of us. In all honesty, it’s non of our business and the media LOVES to glorify news like this and hog all the attention. Mind you; I’m no role model and I am a hypocrite but all I’m saying is stop hating on a guy you DON’T even know and let these two just live their lives now. Go bug Britney Spears who gets divorced every other year or Ross Gellar on friends who’s main goal is to get divorced :)

The Best GR Residential Painters

Posted at 12:11 PM on May 4, 2012

This is really attention-grabbing, You’re an overly skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and sit up for in the hunt for more of your magnificent post. Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks

Patient Transport Patient Transport Services

Posted at 11:47 PM on April 25, 2012

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue together with your web site in web explorer, could test this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader and a huge part of folks will miss your magnificent writing due to this problem.

lmond00

Posted at 12:26 PM on March 28, 2012

Oh gosh! Did you see in the interview how her feet were twitching under the table? Like she didnt feel comfortable talking about the end of her marriage. She
s clearly in pain. I know how it is when your relationship ends and it sends you reeling emotionally. I hope they decide to somehow get back together.

ann

Posted at 10:00 AM on March 21, 2012

Well…Age and wealth ain’t nothing but a number for
these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He
is almost 10 years older than I. We met via
~~–Agelessmeet .COM~~ a nice place for younger women
and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other! Maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends.

Esther

Posted at 6:59 AM on March 21, 2012

News flash people do get divorced. Y is it that certain people it is OK.
But others it is not! So what Peter was famous before they met don’t
You get it she is famous for the ORIGINAL. 90210 . Every time they
Talk about her divorce that is how they remember Her not him!

They had a great marriage and like Tom Cruise who divorced Nicole
kid man and married to someone else! No cheating is involved in this divorce she wanted to move out of the house for her own REALITY
SHOW and he did not want to be a part of it Me and the girls!

crizo

Posted at 6:18 AM on March 21, 2012

what twiligth has to do with it?

priscilla

Posted at 7:21 PM on March 28, 2012

the fame got to his head(s) if you know what i mean.

sara

Posted at 4:15 AM on March 21, 2012

It’s hilarious this guy thinks Twilight is all that..it’s a terrible series and he’ll be forgotten once that terrible last movie comes out. Old and forgotten-the whores will leave him (he’s ugly, by the way) once the fame is gone AND I didn’t even know who this dork was.

Trepessa

Posted at 9:59 PM on November 17, 2012

Sara Twilight is loved by thousands of people. There is nothing terrible about it. People expected a hardcore horror movie series and books but it is not. It’s a paranormal romance and if you are not into that genre then fine but to blatantly comment on how bad it is, is only your opinion and in mine a very wrong one. This wasn’t just for teens but for all ages and some parts of it are very violent even so. If you don’t like it then don’t watch it but don’t try to tell others it is terrible. I had never heard of Peter at all until these movies and I am an older person. I never watched Nurse Betty because it’s not my type of show. He may have been around but he wasn’t a household name. Most everyone knows who Jennie Garth is and she has done other things besides 90210 but that show was highly popular. He is a decent actor and so is she. Let their divorce lie and I’m sure these kids will be fine. We don’t know their worth and especially not hers since she was mostly just being a Mom in the last few years. She is supporting them with his help but still it falls on her now and this is what she knows…show business.

lizzy

Posted at 8:34 PM on March 20, 2012

OMG!! what’s with the peter hate, why does everyone always jump on the guys and blame them, it’s going to be hard on BOTH of them, not just jennie

priscilla

Posted at 7:20 PM on March 28, 2012

because hes the one that filed and didnt want to try and make it work!

Veronica

Posted at 5:27 PM on March 20, 2012

This is upsetting. It makes me see Peter in a different light. Although it takes 2 people to make a marriage work, it really only seems like she was the one putting the effort into it. I really wish her the best. She is a beautiful woman and will have no problem rebounding with someone who is more worthy of her affection–should she choose to do so.

Fi

Posted at 5:02 PM on March 20, 2012

Why does everyone want to split up before promting something?

amy

Posted at 4:43 PM on March 20, 2012

So sad. It’s like she was the one who was famous, made the money and supported him and there family. He does the Twilight movies now nurse betty. People start to recognize him he thinks he’ll get better. Newsflash, Jennie loved you when you were a NOBODY and paid ALL the bills and gave you money. When a young chick comes onto you. She’s see $$$$$$$. Typical old guy who starts to make the bucks and thinks he’s all that. Makes me think I won’t be watching Twilight.

gbtw

Posted at 3:52 PM on March 20, 2012

she was openly talking about him having different priorities than her and them being in different places vis a vis the family YEARS ago- so, when she gets out of the emotional part of it, i’m sure she’ll say it wasn’t a surprise. i’m sure that doesn’t make it hurt any less— but she has three beautiful daughters who love her, and she’s working, and he’s working, so money is not an issue… so, she’ll be okay eventually. (btw, i was never a big fan of hers, but he looks like a real db.)

JANES VINCENT

Posted at 3:51 PM on March 20, 2012

a divorice is always sad. wat is wrst, mostbof the tie the kids suffer. not uderstading why mommy and daddy are doing this.. james v.