'X Factor' Winner Melanie Amaro Will Be The Next Whitney Houston, Says Justin Bieber's Producer

Mon, March 19, 2012 2:36pm EDT by 22 Comments
Kuk Harrell Interview

Melanie is busy recording her new album with Justin’s Grammy Award-winning vocal producer, and HollywoodLife.com has all of the EXCLUSIVE details!

The X-Factor‘s Melanie Amaro has teamed up with Kuk Harrell in the studio and Kuk, who has worked with Justin Bieber, Rihanna and Jennifer Lopez, compares the young singer to Whitney Houston!

In addition to working with Justin on his new album Believe, Kuk has been recording new songs with Melanie, who he describes as “a massive talent and complete joy to be around.”

Kuk tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY,”We have cut two songs so far. Melanie’s team is really smart. They are just picking great records for her. She’s a great spirit and a great singer. She’s just a joy to be around. Melanie has what it takes to be the next Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston. She’s a massive talent.

Will Melanie ever do a duet with Justin?

“Who knows,” says Kuk. “They are both incredible talents and genuine people. They would be magical in the studio together.”

– Sandra Clark

More Melanie:

1. Melanie Amaro’s Full Super Bowl Commercial With Elton John Released — Watch
  2. ‘X Factor’ Winner Melanie Amaro’s Super Bowl Commercial Revealed
  3. It’s Official! Melanie Amaro Signs A $5 Million Recording Contract With Epic Records

dustin.flowers@gmail.com

Posted at 8:30 PM on March 18, 2013

Hate to say it but she is a mediocre performer with a generic voice. And it was put perfectly, she will be the next Whitney Houston, in the fact that she sounds like almost every other pop female performer. America messed up voting her to win. I will put money on it that Josh Krajcik’s debut album will blow her out of the water.

suzi

Posted at 11:34 AM on April 19, 2012

OK OK OK …..

I think what people mean when they say she is the next Whitney or Mariah is that she has an amazing powerful voice and the potential to be a really big star, but in her own right, in her own voice. They are not trying to say she sounds like Whitney or that she will take her place, but that she has what it takes to be a big star of that caliber, like Whitney. Melanie is her own voice, her own person and I’m certain that she will succeed in her singing career. She is without a doubt amazing…Whitney told her to carry the torch – why can’t you guys!?

catherine

Posted at 10:22 AM on April 16, 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE MELANIE AMARO!!!!I am so excited to hear that Harrell and other great producers are working with her!! If she sounds this amazing singing live on TV, I can only imagine what she will sound like in the recording studio. Her voice is so incredible, strong and beautiful. Just the fact that people even THINK of Whitney just shows how good she really is. Kuk Harrell is saying she has what it takes to be a mariah or whitney–and melanie is still only 19! She will only get better and better!! Thanks to xfactor for finding her for us. She is a STAR!!

Lisa

Posted at 10:31 AM on April 1, 2012

@bill ..Melanie is good but she is no Whitney Houston and will never do what Whitney has done to walk in Whitney shoes as an artist takes alot of hard work and yes people did provide good material for Whitney but her voice also made is magic and she did it with pure voice just listen to her live in action ..so your the one talking rubbish..so will there ever be a Whitney Houston probaly who knows but in this day in time I seriously doubt it.

Bill

Posted at 3:05 PM on March 22, 2012

It’s human nature to want to put someone up on a pedestal so we can worship and idolize them. Just like people are wanting Melanie to be the new idol there are others making like there never was nor will be another Whitney or anything close. That’s rubbish!!! There are so many beautiful voices out there but music these days isn’t as much about the voice as it is all the garbage image created around it. Whitney was fantastic but give credit to the people that provided her the material to work with.
Having said all of this……Melanie is my idol! :-)

irene

Posted at 9:33 AM on March 20, 2012

This is SOOOOOO exciting!!! Melanie is amazing. It doesn’t matter to me if she the next Whitney or Mariah, but it sure is nice to hear the comparison. Both singers inspired her growing up, and I know that her sweet spirit and beautiful voice will in turn be an inspiration to others. CANNOT wait until that album comes out!!!!
Thanks for posting this article, Sandra!

Daisy

Posted at 3:15 AM on March 20, 2012

She will NEVER be Whitney or Mariah. Whitney is the greatest singer to ever grace the earth. Melanie is good but give me a break!!!

Erica

Posted at 2:29 PM on March 20, 2012

Give Melanie a chance! Her record hasn’t even come out yet, PLUS we’ve really haven’t heard a studio version of her true vocals.

trinity

Posted at 2:37 AM on March 20, 2012

Please.

In no way, shape, or form, will this chick ever come close to the heights scaled by Whitney Houston. Her record company can spin it all the want, but I predict very dismal sales.

InYoFuceSucka

Posted at 2:30 PM on March 20, 2012

PS: Chris Rene sucks, and young flopy is flopping lol

benny mizrahi

Posted at 1:17 AM on June 5, 2012

I am not looking for melanie amaro to become anything but herself, she is plenty smart to know not to emulate anyone, her talent is huge and imagine her in the near future when she gets more experience and confidant, she doesn’t have to be a Whitney or Maria but she will be at their level, she has her own uniqueness and this is more then enough for her to be a mega star and on top of everything her personality is to die for, she is complete, I will be the first to but her music,
just be yourself Melanie so we can continue to see gods best job,

Benny.

KC Ambrose

Posted at 10:03 PM on March 19, 2012

Sorry but the artist that we are blessed with and te music now a days are garbage to the highest degree. There is no one and I mean no one that can ever be compared to her. Just like Michael Jackson was in his own lane, well Whitney was also. To even compare her to the artist that’s out now is foolish. Whitney was and is the best period. I do like Melanie but come on people, stop comparing her or anyone to Whitney

Maci

Posted at 10:00 PM on March 19, 2012

All I have to say about this is have anyone one ever seen Whitney Houston live in concert, and I’m not talking about on YouTube. If you gave seen her live like I have, then you will no that this comparison and any other comparison is pure nonsense. That lady could bring you to tears from singing any song, she mad you feel like she was talking about each and every one of those thousands of fans in the crowd, and her music was even better live than on the album. She sang with ease. I can go on and on about how great she was. And if you haven’t seen her live then you will have to settle for YouTube..and let me add that she could also sing opera music. If you don’t believe it YouTube it.

Stacy Chandler

Posted at 9:54 PM on March 19, 2012

Can we please stop the comparisons because no one is close and probably won’t ever be close. When god creates something like that, it’s usually not many..at least not the whole entire package like she had.

Roberta

Posted at 6:45 AM on March 20, 2012

Shelia, I’m with you. The diva is gone one month and already everyone is trying to compare her and it cannot ever be done. Thank you!

Shelia

Posted at 9:51 PM on March 19, 2012

Says Justin bieber music producer..so if he’s the one measuring talent then of course he would say something as insane as that because bieber can’t sing at all. Now, with all of that said, Melanie is good but Whitney was great and the best. That lady sang with ease. She had a light in her eyes that can’t be described and I’ve never seen that light in anyones eyes before. The list for on with Whitney that it’s ridiculous. If Michael Jordan is considered the greatest of all time in basketball and no one can be measured to him, then Whitney is and was the Michael Jordan of music except if there was a measurement greater than Michael Jordan then women would be that. You can’t compare anyone to Whitney and that’s not because shes dead, it’s because it’s the truth. I think it’s idiotic to even compare anyone out to her because no one is close at all.

Katlyn McGee

Posted at 9:45 PM on March 19, 2012

Ok Melanie is my girl and I voted for her a million times on x-factor, but with that said she nor anyone else is even remotely close to Whitney Houston. Even though Whitney was and is my fav singer of all time and I think Whitney was the best, I am also able to separate from my bias opinion and that goes with any artist..if you have it you have it and I’m able yo say that with ease..Melanie has it to be a good singer and possibly big star, but again she nor anyone out isn’t remotely close to Whitney..sorry but Whitney at her best could sing every singer in the past a well as now off the stage easily..Whitney at her worse could sing better than 90% of what we have now..nope..I don’t think we will ever see another Whitney..that lady was blessed with the whole package and she set the bar and I think god gave her those talents for a reason and I think he put her on earth for a reason and I think he took her early for a reason.

galey

Posted at 6:31 PM on March 19, 2012

Melanie is okay but in my book she will never ever be as good as CHARICE – Listen to Charice sing “I will Always Love You” and you will understand what I am saying.

InYoFaceSucka

Posted at 8:41 PM on March 19, 2012

Charice sounds like an Asian trying to sing an English Song. She Sucks.. Sorry but it’s true.

Naomi

Posted at 3:51 PM on March 19, 2012

Sure Melanie has a great voice, but I don’t think anyone can be the next Whitney. Those are pretty big shoes to fill.

suzi

Posted at 3:39 PM on March 19, 2012

I CANNOT WAIT FOR MELANIE’S CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE JUST ABOUT WORN OUT THE SONGS FROM X FACTOR AND JUST SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT….SHE IS SO SO SO SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irene

Posted at 9:35 AM on March 20, 2012

I totally agree with you! Have had no choice but to watch her videos until that CD comes out! :)