Khloe Kardashian: Your Husband Lamar Odom Is Too Good To Lose – Let Him Quit Reality TV!

Mon, March 19, 2012 4:05pm EDT by 19 Comments
Khloe Kardashian Lamar Odom

If Khloe Kardashian ever had ANY doubt that fame was more important than her marriage, last night’s (March 18th) episode of Khloe & Lamar should have put a rest to that crazy thought.

Lamar Odom proved that he’s a man of substance and caring on last night’s , March 18th episode of Khloe & Lamar, which focused on his relationship with his once estranged father, Joe.

Lamar reveals on the episode that his dad was “in and out of my life when I was growing up, but in the last couple of years, we reconnected.”

Many people, and many stars, would and could  NEVER forgive a parent who abandoned them as a child. They would never be able to get over that; no matter what reason their parent had for their hurtful behavior.

But Lamar is more mature than that. “I don’t know why Joe is the way he is,” he said on the episode,  but Lamar nevertheless makes a point of spending time with his aging dad, before basketball practice starts up again after the NBA lockout begins.

Lamar suspects that his father became so dysfunctional after he served in Vietnam where many men in his platoon were horrifyingly killed right next to him, and he was forced to hide under their dead bodies for days in order to survive, Lamar tells us.

Perhaps because of that experience his father has suffered from a heroin addiction, that he is trying to cope with.

Wisely and warmly, Khloe encourages Lamar to spend time with his dad and to work on their relationship. “I do know that there’s a lot to move past, but (Lamar’s dad) Joe is here now and Lamar should take advantage of his relationship with his dad because you never know when someone’s going to be gone.”

No doubt , she is speaking from experience, having lost her own father, Robert Kardashian, from cancer when he was still a young man. That perspective has taught her to be forgiving, despite Joe’s failure as a father when he was younger.

She even goes so far as to set up a visit to the army base, Camp Pendleton,  for Lamar and herself on Khloe & Lamar , so that it might provide Lamar with more insight into the trauma that his father experienced … and it works.

Lamar reveals an even greater understanding and compassion for his dad after their army base visit.

The trip has “helped me understand what my dad went through; it’s a humbling experience,” he says. “I have to give my father a break. What he saw (in Vietnam) threw him off course. My father had problems, he couldn’t take care of himself, and that’s why he couldn’t take care of me and be a dad to me.”

This is the kind of thoughtful and compassionate man that Khloe Kardashian NEEDS to hold on to as a husband. He’s a mensch.

Despite his super sports star status, he has taken time to forgive and make time for his father. If Lamar wants out of his reality show career to concentrate on his far more important basketball career, then Khloe needs to put her title of wife ahead of her title as executive producer of Khloe & Lamar. If she doesn’t,  she may lose a man who’s heart is as good as gold.

Lamar softly confesses to his father by the end of the episode, that he wants to take him away on vacation. “I know I’ve run away from you, but this time I’m running to you.”

Well said Lamar, and Khloe, do not lose this man!

— Bonnie Fuller

More Khloe and Lamar News

1. Khloe Kardashian: You Can Only Save Your Marriage By Letting Lamar Focus On Basketball, Not Reality TV!
  2. Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom, Prince William & Kate Middleton And More — Which Celeb Couples Will Split Soon?
  3. ‘Khloe & Lamar’ Recap: Khloe Kardashian BFF Malika Calls Her Fat & She Snaps Back – You’re The Devil

Johnny

Posted at 11:27 AM on April 13, 2012

Camp Pendleton is a Marine Corps base with marines. Not army soldiers

Misael

Posted at 12:03 AM on March 29, 2012

I had worries about the eruidpal too. But I gotta say, you know a woman has never been in labor before if the pain she is referring to is that of an eruidpal needle. lol When I was in labor they could have administered the darn thing in my eyeballs to relieve the pain! When you are in active labor you don’t care about the little prick of a needle.Shedding pregnancy pounds .oh please, these women have millions of dollars! They could hire fitness trainers, nutritionists and they could have tummy tucks and liposuction with no financial worry whatsoever. Just look how Kourtney bounced back from all the weight she gained. Khloe wouldn’t have a problem losing the weight with a little self discipline and the help of an intervention if it was totally necessary.And a child’s temperament??? Hard to say. But I think that’s a really goofy reason to be afraid of having a baby.Khloe, you’re gonna be just fine girl!!!!!If people wouldn’t make childbirth seem like such a death sentence, expectant ( and soon to be expectant ) moms wouldn’t be freaking out so much about it. Women need to know that there are lots of choices for them out there-choices about pain relief, birthing accommodations, etc etc.

arte

Posted at 6:10 AM on March 28, 2012

Lamar, get over the dumb stuff, and focus on your job!

vanessa

Posted at 1:34 PM on March 27, 2012

lamar odom he is so cute with a sexy body looking he mint just be my man for life

Daleny Rosnoewva

Posted at 7:45 PM on March 26, 2012

That is very mean. If that is their choice, then let them do the show. You are certainly in no position to judge anyone but yourself.

Corey

Posted at 3:23 PM on March 26, 2012

Mercy, the correct word is you’re not your.

ann

Posted at 10:03 AM on March 21, 2012

Well…Age and wealth ain’t nothing but a number for
these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He
is almost 10 years older than I. We met via
~~–Agelessmeet .COM~~ a nice place for younger women
and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other! Maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends.

SPR

Posted at 7:44 AM on March 21, 2012

Do you people really believe all this scripted fake-ality ?? Lamar go back to what you used to do well, basketball – and Khloe go back to the dress shop where you belong. This show is harmful for diabetics.

Daleny Rosnoewva

Posted at 7:46 PM on March 26, 2012

stop being so mean. you are in no position to judge.

SPR

Posted at 7:37 AM on March 21, 2012

Lol lol – too funny.

TRUTH

Posted at 12:28 AM on March 21, 2012

OMG, what a nauseating description, I want to wretch. Fake drama, who cares?
lamar should leave reality tv and please, please, please, please, please take her with you.

b siopson

Posted at 9:49 AM on March 28, 2012

learn how to spell9 retch

jams

Posted at 9:11 PM on March 20, 2012

He needs to just leave this whole family, go spend time with his kids and his own family. Lamar, life is short, get moving on the right things and leave Mama Pimp in the dust.

sadie

Posted at 12:25 PM on March 20, 2012

Lamar is so awesome. He’s probably my favorite out of ALL the Kardashians. (Bruce is prob a close second.)

bren

Posted at 10:10 AM on March 20, 2012

lamar and his dad reconnecting is super awesome. but his dad always asking for money and being dependent on his son is Not

The Real Cie

Posted at 7:47 PM on March 19, 2012

Khloe is the only one of the Kardashian Klones who seems human. It’s too bad she can’t tear herself away from Kris’ fame machine. Lamar seems like an okay guy too. I think they’d be better off if they both stepped back from the reality TV and just lived their lives.

fedup

Posted at 5:39 AM on March 20, 2012

As a nurse I think life is too short, the challenge isn’t fame the family has already succeeded n that khloe symbolizes a plaful witty martyr who chalenges can be concurred by keeping it together for her family in one hand balancing fame in another until the two can meet again. He isn’t getting any younger he just said right now he2 needs to focus. You married a basketball player n both of you’ll appear to be a good match

Mercy

Posted at 11:55 PM on March 20, 2012

Fed Up! Glad your not my nurse. You can’t spell and it scares me. Hope we never meet in an emergency!

SPR

Posted at 9:23 AM on March 21, 2012

Lol lol … I agree, scary thought.