'Desperate Housewives' Recap: The Police Collect More Proof Against Bree

Sun, March 18, 2012 10:53pm EDT by 18 Comments

Plus, Mike is laid to rest in one of the saddest TV funeral I’ve ever seen.

Mike’s (James Denton) funeral on the March 18 episode of Desperate Housewives turned out to be more than just a tearjerker, as the women of Wisteria Lane used their memories of him to reflect on some of their past hardships — and realized what needs to be done to conquer their current demons.

I’ll start with Susan (Teri Hatcher), who was obviously the housewife most devastated by Mike’s death. Her speech about having to say goodbye to her husband was heart wrenching, and I’d be surprised if any longtime fan of the show didn’t shed a few tears while she envisioned Mike in heaven. But through this, she’s going to find the courage to stand on her own two feet — with the help of her friends, of course.

For Gaby (Eva Longoria), Mike’s selflessness — he even died protecting a friend — forced her to see the good in Carlos’ (Ricardo Chavira) decision to quit his job and focus on helping people. To be fair, though, Gaby has had similar revelations in the past; I’ll be curious to see if she feels the same way next week.

Lynette (Felicity Huffman) was inspired by Mike dedication to his marriage, giving her the motivation she so desperately needed to fight for Tom (Doug Savant). Maybe she won’t end the series single, after all.

But no one is in a worse situation that Bree (Marcia Cross), who was called down to the police station for more questioning. Her mother may have taught her well — we learned that Bree’s creepy poker face is in an inherited trait — but there’s one thing even the best liar can’t cover up: fingerprints! The police matched Bree’s to ones found on Ramón’s body.

As one of the detectives put it, they want to “put this bitch away.” I’m scurred!

How are you feeling after tonight’s episode, fellow Wisterians? Do you want to see Tom and Lynette back together before the series is over? Do you think Bree will be able to avoid prison? And, honestly, how hard did you cry during Susan’s speech? Leave a comment and let me know. It’s OK, you can use a fake name.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Desperate Housewives updates

sammy

Posted at 5:20 AM on September 6, 2012

Amazing Grace by Vanessa Williams I hope icould help you

swopayIrralay

Posted at 7:21 PM on May 25, 2012

Apple will find a way to deny it or have it pulled from the app store……..just watch.

newest movies

Posted at 9:33 AM on May 15, 2012

I’ve been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours lately, yet I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It is lovely worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content as you probably did, the net will probably be much more helpful than ever before.

promovare site,promovare,seo,optimizare SEO,motoare de cautare,anunturi online,trafic site,promovare web,promovare firme

Posted at 3:14 AM on May 15, 2012

We’re a group of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with useful information to paintings on. You have done a formidable process and our entire community will probably be thankful to you.

cerrajeria

Posted at 8:16 PM on May 14, 2012

Great site. Lots of useful information here. I am sending it to a few pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your sweat!

windows 7 kaufen

Posted at 11:52 AM on May 14, 2012

Amazing things here. I am very glad to peer your article. Thanks a lot and I am taking a look forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

Clara

Posted at 7:18 AM on April 3, 2012

I’m so glad I’m not the only one having a sobfest. I watched the murder episode and the funeral episode, back to back, and I’m a complete mess. You get so attached to these characters! And after eight years, I couldn’t help but be upset. So sad to see my favorite man on Desperate Housewives go..

Richard

Posted at 7:26 PM on March 28, 2012

Who sang Amazing Grace for Mike’s funeral? It was the most beautiful version I have ever heard.

sammy

Posted at 5:19 AM on September 6, 2012

Amazing Grace by Vanessa Williams !!!!!Great Song

Desperate HOuswivesss

Posted at 8:14 AM on March 26, 2012

I cried the whole episode. I loved mike and susan and thought it was devastating to see him die.

Cesar

Posted at 12:23 PM on March 20, 2012

It was so touching how they all said goodbye to such a beloved character, and it was also nice to hear Vanessa Williams sing again even if it was a funeral song, she should go back to singing and record something new already.

Can someone tell me why is everyone trying to destroy Bree? wasn’t Carlos the one who killed Ramon? wasn’t Susan the one running her mouth about the murder, even painting a confession and going away to look for Ramon’s family and spilling the beans? again? Oh, but when they found out Bree was dating the cop who interrogated them they all turned their backs on her, does anybody else think thet Bree is being unfairly singled out?

Desperately Irritated

Posted at 2:12 PM on March 25, 2012

No, you are not alone in wondering about all of this silliness. I think this is one of the flimsiest and most poorly done story lines in the show’s history. Carlos killed the guy – to protect Gaby, yes, but he stilled killed him – and Susan painted the idiotic pictures that got the creepy cop suspicious. And they get mad at Bree? Huh? Yes, this is beyond stupid. I did think that Mike’s funeral was heartwrenching, and I cried throughout it, but the Bree story is so dumb right now.

Mari

Posted at 10:16 AM on March 20, 2012

I have never seen such a sad episode of Desperate Housewives and I felt ridiculous for crying the entire episode pertaining to Mike. But I’m so glad I dont stand alone. I was very impressed with how great the show was written to captivate the audience. I’m getting sad just THINKING about it!

Luis

Posted at 1:39 AM on March 19, 2012

I cried a lot of times through the episode. It was amazing and sad at the same time.

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:06 AM on March 19, 2012

Real men cry during Desperate Housewives. I’m glad I’m not alone.

Shirley

Posted at 10:15 AM on March 23, 2012

It was one of the best and more realistic that any I have ever seen on tv…plus Mike was the best!!!

Brittany

Posted at 11:01 PM on March 18, 2012

Probably 5 times. I cried again reading this! Mike was my favorite house hubby. And yes, I would love to see Lynette & Tom reunite at the end. Their relationship is so real and easy to relate too.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:13 PM on March 18, 2012

Aw :( Well, at least we could cry together!

I think Tom and Lynette needed some time apart, but you’re right, I hope they get back together in the end.