Interested In Adopting A Baby Like Charlize Theron Just Did? Here's What You Need To Know!

Sun, March 18, 2012 9:57am EDT by 12 Comments
Charlize Theron Adopts

Actress Charlize Theron proves that you don’t need a man to adopt a child. Read on to find out how you can follow in her brave footsteps!

On March 15, the gorgeous and talented actress Charlize Theron, 36, revealed that she adopted a baby boy named Jackson! We here at HollywoodLife.com could not be happier for the first-time mom and think she’s a role model for single women everywhere.

Charlize, who has been single since her divorce from actor Stuart Townsend in 2010, said last year during an interview on Piers Morgan Tonight that marriage was “never something that was important,” but has often talked about her desire to have children.

“I’m sure Charlize is ecstatic,” said Sarah Gerstenzang, licensed social worker and Executive Director of New York State Citizens’ Coalition for Children. “It’s very healthy for single women to adopt. Many adoptive parents are single parents. I suppose the screening process may be more difficult, but it shouldn’t be.”

Like other adoptive parents, Charlize endured a lengthy application and screening process in order to adopt baby Jackson. “Just because you have a lot of money, it doesn’t make you a better parent,” Sarah explains. “When a person is considered to become an adoptive parent, social workers really look at if the person can provide a lifetime of love and attention for the child. It’s really all about the child’s needs.”

Though no details surrounding Charlize’s adoption have been released, one report said that the baby was adopted from South Africa where Theron was born and raised. “Charlize can definitely be a role model for other people. Maybe she can inspire other single parents to adopt and reduce the stigma,” Sarah notes.

There are many resources available for women — regardless of their relationship status — interested in adoption including websites, books and support groups. Even if the process seems daunting, “Thousands of single parents adopt children every year,” Sarah assures. “There is also information for adoptive parents, like Charlize, to help them explain to their kids that they are adopted and how to answer questions the children will have over time. Basically, it’s all about being open and honest.”

What do you think about Charlize’s decision to become a single parent HollywoodLifers? Would you ever consider adopting?

Jennifer Kamm

More Charlize Theron:

1. Charlize Theron Adopts Baby Boy Stateside — All The New Details!
  2. Charlize Theron: You’d Look Amazing In Naeem Khan’s Fall/Winter 2012 Collection
  3. Charlize Theron Calls Kristen Stewart ‘Quite The Fighter’ In ‘Snow White And The Huntsman’

The blood pressure solution Review - youtube

Posted at 12:51 PM on April 29, 2014

Yes! Finally someone writes about Blood Pressure Solution From Grocery Store.

gypsyqueen1

Posted at 10:48 AM on January 13, 2014

So let me get this straight. Rich, celebrity single mom ok. Young, vulnerable not so wealthy single mother, NOT ok. Such a disgusting double standard that makes me sick. Help young women keep their babies instead of trafficking them for self entitled, self absorbed celebutards who think they are owed the worlds infants as their newest accessory. So sick of these people.

Check This Out

Posted at 5:27 AM on May 21, 2012

I relish, lead to I found exactly what I used to be looking for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

Julius Naidoo

Posted at 3:35 PM on April 5, 2012

Hello I am a huge fan of Charlize theron.and I would like to meet her if she is currently in Namibia at the moment I was told that she will be coming to walvis bay,and swakopmund,which is in Namibia to make a movie called Mad Max.

Gregory

Posted at 12:46 PM on March 20, 2012

You know, I really don’t want to knock Charlize too much for adopting this kid. It is surely a good thing to get the boy out of the system and into a loving home.

However, girls out there, don’t even get the idea that you can do the same thing if you are not a millionaire actress. You will be stuck at home changing diapers and paying a fortune for daycare while all of your friends are out partying with their friends. Charlize can afford a full time nanny. You can’t.

Here’s a simple idea: Find a man to have YOUR OWN babies with and to help raise them. A father is more than just a sperm donor and a monthly support check. He is an equal partner in a 50/50 relationship, and should also be the best friend you and your child can ever have.

Ann

Posted at 11:33 AM on March 18, 2012

Age and wealth ain’t nothing but a number for
these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He is
almost 10 years older than I.We met via
~~–Agelessmeet.COM~~
a nice place for younger women and oldermen, or older
women and younger men, to interact with each other!
Maybe you want to check it out or tell your friends:)

Lauren

Posted at 10:25 AM on March 18, 2012

Im sure Charlize Theron will be a great mom, but to call her a role model for this is reckless. Every child deserves/needs a mother AND a father, and to act like its just no big deal for single women to adopt children marginalizes the needs of children. Yeah, a loving single mother is 100 times better than a life in foster care, but again… Children need 2 parents and celebrities need to stop being celebrated for putting their own choices above what is in the best interest of children.

Caren

Posted at 10:58 AM on March 18, 2012

Why does children have to have two parents?To listen to them fighting?To witness divorce?To see their dad cheating on their mother?Ooo wait a second you still believe in the tooth fairy….Charlize you have the money honey— to hell with waiting for your provider.95% of dads I know in my so called priviledge
community are useless.

Ali

Posted at 12:36 PM on March 18, 2012

My dad was raised by his mother. He’s the best father you could find. And when someone asks him if he wanted to have a father, he tells them no because his father was an arrogant bastard.

Debora

Posted at 7:52 PM on March 18, 2012

My parents fight every day, and it’s always my father’s fault. I think that if they were divorced it would be better for me and my mom.
It’s like saying that straight parents are better than gay parents!

Kaley

Posted at 10:02 AM on March 19, 2012

So… is it better for a child to have no parents than to have one wonderful, loving parent? I was raised by a single father and I had a great childhood. When I get a bit older and more financially stable, if I don’t get married, I fully intend to adopt as a single mother.

janice

Posted at 9:47 PM on March 20, 2012

children just need someone to love them. whether it’s one person or two……….it really doesn’t matter.