'Pretty Little Liars' Season Finale Scoop: Which Couple Will Suffer Most?

Sat, March 17, 2012 1:51pm EST by 117 Comments

Creator Marlene King tells HollywoodLife.com to expect ‘defining moments’ for three of the show’s major couples!

We know the March 19 season finale of Pretty Little Liars will bring an end to the “A” mystery — but will it also bring an end to a fan-favorite couple? “We have a lot of big boyfriend moments,” creator Marlene King tells HollywoodLife.com. “At least three of the couples have defining moments that either solidify, or change, their relationships.”

OK, I’m down with the “solidify”ing part, but I’m not comfortable with “change” — especially when it comes to relationships in Rosewood. So which couple should we be lighting a candle for? All of them, apparently!

“We have taken ‘Emaya’ through the ringer this season,” Marlene admits of Emily (Shay Mitchell) and Maya’s (Bianca Lawson) on-again off-again status. And she confirms Maya “does have a presence in the episode,” so at least that tragic e-mail she sent Emily isn’t the last we’ll hear of her this season.

And even though they enjoyed an evening of sweet, statutory sex last week, Aria (Lucy Hale) and Ezra (Ian Harding) certainly aren’t off the hook. Marlene promises the show’s main couple will also have a huge moment. (A bun in the oven for Aria, perhaps? Come on, everybody knows you always get pregnant the first time you have sex. Always.)

Marlene also doesn’t put Spencer (Troian Bellisario) and Toby (Keegan Allen) in the clear, noting that “A” has been “a real bitch to them all season.” And, honestly, how often does “A” decide to stop being a bitch?

But instead of looking at the couples who are always in crisis, maybe we should be worried about the one that’s been trouble-free this season. I’m talking, of course, about Hanna (Ashley Benson) and Caleb (Tyler Blackburn), who Marlene openly admits “have gotten off a little easier this season.” Personally, I’ll be keeping a close eye on Mona (Janel Parrish) during the finale. I saw the way she kissed Caleb last week; she loved it.

Regardless of which couple suffers the most devastating blow, Marlene promises “a very chilling moment” that breaks her heart every time she watches it. “It’s so emotional and heart-wrenching. The actors in that scene did such an amazing job, and as soon as you see it, you’ll know what I’m talking about.”

As for whether or not that particular scene will lead us to mourn one of our favorite Rosewood couples, Marlene says “…maybe.”

OK, Im officially scared.

Besides the big ‘A’ reveal, what do YOU think will go down on the season finale? Head to the comments section and tell me which couple you’d be most devastated to see break up!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Pretty Little Liars scoop

melissa

Posted at 7:02 PM on August 8, 2012

pretty little liars!!! i know that ezra might break up with aria but ill still watch it

elpena

Posted at 5:42 PM on August 16, 2012

screw ezra he is so ugly! how could you ever kiss your teacher without throwing up!

Crystal123

Posted at 12:40 PM on August 15, 2013

he is so not ugly!!!!! and she didn’t know he was her teacher at first. and if you love someone you shouldn’t just give up cause of a stupid reason!

maddie

Posted at 9:15 PM on July 10, 2012

aria and ezra arent going to break up because a lot of people would stop watching that show….most people only watch it because of them!!i know i would probably not watch it if they broke up

cheyenne

Posted at 5:17 AM on June 29, 2012

Aria and Ezra. I LOVE THEM

i hate caleb

Posted at 2:27 PM on June 14, 2012

hey guys i hate caleb because i think he is useing hannah just to know her secrets so then he can txt more and more stupid things about her secrets! i think he is on the A team

Mona

Posted at 11:25 AM on June 14, 2012

Hey guys this is Mona my real name is Janel Parrish if you dont know and BTW you should so follow me on twitter!! Oh and Aria is not ” A “. i am haha LOL!!!! there is also an” A ” team reply if you can thx.

carissa

Posted at 1:36 PM on June 14, 2012

OMG! hey mona i cant believe its u

Natalie

Posted at 8:16 PM on January 30, 2013

Obviously your not Mona…

I know who A is

Posted at 9:27 PM on May 13, 2012

Its Aria because she wears a red coat in another show and at the end it shows a red coat! And she is the only one in the opening saying Shhhh !!!

Scentsy Deutschland,Scentsy Candles Deutschland,Scentsy Wickless Candles Deutschland,Buy Scentsy Deutschland,Buy Scentsy Candles Deutschland,Buy Scentsy Wickless Candles Deutschland,Buy Scentsy Online Deutschland,Buy Scentsy Candles Online Deutschland,Buy

Posted at 10:33 AM on May 10, 2012

I came upon this site by mistake, but had to see this post. I recommended it to my brother to check out. Thanks!

latte coffemaker

Posted at 4:17 PM on April 19, 2012

This is really fascinating, You’re a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to searching for more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks

ali

Posted at 5:00 PM on April 11, 2012

i think aria is involved in a, look at her dress it contains red marlene king herself said its a clue,
2. she had toffee flavoured frozen yoghurt and at the end mona had toffee flavoured lipstick
3.she has been in no physical harm by A
4. she switched personality fast when she threatened her own mom about reporting to the school board that her dad had an affair with a student.
5. in the past 2 seasons it doesnt look like the friendship between alison and aria was that strong.
5. in the title sequence she is the only one who says shhh maybe shes head A?

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:42 PM on April 9, 2012

Great Chance that it could be Mona

Crystal123

Posted at 12:42 PM on August 15, 2013

it is!

AmErIcA

Posted at 11:41 PM on April 9, 2012

it is not Mona because at the finale Mona said “I’ve Done What You Told Me Too Do” so i do not think that it is Mona Any Clues??? Maybe, It is Melissa Because she had a video saying that She was going to kill Alice I wonder who killed her reply if you think you know who killed her!

Alee

Posted at 7:47 PM on April 2, 2012

Maya’s body being found :( the actors did SUCH a great job!! I cried like a baby!

n

Posted at 1:37 AM on March 20, 2012

EMaya all the way

Ashlee Jackson

Posted at 10:54 PM on March 19, 2012

The finale was good in that reinforced the point that A is a team of people. Mona is a mere pond being moved off the board. I still don’t trust Jenna, Melissa, or the doctor. I am so excited to see Spence and Toby back together. I am in SHOCK that Maya is dead. Seriously, Emaya is my FAVORITE couple! I feel like crying.

Maddie

Posted at 4:36 AM on November 25, 2012

The main antagonist of the series. A is an anonymous extortionist who is privy to the Liars’ deepest and darkest secrets and uses these secrets to exact revenge on the Liars for (often) perceived wrongdoings. There are four different “A” characters throughout the series. The first “A”, Mona Vanderwaal, was able to discover the Liars’ secrets by reading Alison’s old journal. During a physical confrontation with Spencer Hastings, Mona was pushed over the edge of a quarry and died. The second “A” is the true Alison DiLaurentis, who had her identity stolen by her insane twin sister Courtney who is also the one who really died.

Emily

Posted at 10:37 PM on March 19, 2012

Mona is a but who is the other person a is a team

Callie

Posted at 6:33 PM on March 19, 2012

I think the bigger question here is why in the world did Aria get into a plane with some man she just met!!

Sam

Posted at 2:04 PM on March 21, 2012

She(they) wanted to know who A is for a really long time and I think in the meanwhile she started taking chances…

Paige

Posted at 6:03 PM on March 19, 2012

I thought that Aria and Ezra had had sex before? And if she is pregnant, wowww. I mean they are my favorite couple but I don’t want to see any of them break up. I am freaking out!!