'American Idol' Results: Elise Testone, Erika Van Pelt & Shannon Magrane In Bottom 3

Thu, March 15, 2012 9:17pm EST by 10 Comments
Shannon Magrane American Idol

Three girls landed in the bottom three March 15, following Jermaine Jones’s shocking disqualification!

Even though we’re predicting a female will win this season of American Idol, all three people in the bottom three from the top 12 were girls! What gives?

Elise Testone, Erika Van Pelt and Shannon Magrane were in danger of being eliminated, which was pretty surprising, considering both Elise and Shannon had strong performances this week. Sadly, Shannon, 16, was sent packing — giving Erika and Elise another week to proof themselves to America.

What did you think of tonight’s elimination? Did Shannon deserve to be sent home?

Click here to see an interview with Erika Van Pelt & Skylar Laine!

More ‘American Idol’ News

1. Ryan Seacrest Being Replaced By Neil Patrick Harris On ‘American Idol’?
  2. Will Ryan Seacrest Be Fired From ‘American Idol?’
  3. Scotty McCreery Is Youngest Guy To Ever Debut At The Top Of The All-Genre Charts With His First Album!

Cheryl MD

Posted at 3:03 PM on March 19, 2012

I agree with others that Shannan needs to “mature” a bit – she has GREAT potential. As for Erika and Elise – I love them both! IMHO they have a tough row to hoe ONLY BECAUSE I feel that it’s “teeny-bopping-giggling-young girls” that cast a lot of votes in this show — ie: Heejun being all over the board in his singing BUT ahead of Erika and Elise.

My personal FAV is Erika – LOVE her voice!!

PS: One thing I totally disagree with is the voting — I THINK – “ONE” vote called in per phone should be the limit NOT letting people auto-dial ad’nauseum. JMHO

Peter

Posted at 7:07 AM on March 18, 2012

Erika is the BEST!

Michael

Posted at 3:05 AM on March 17, 2012

I agree with John H, Elise belongs in the top 3 for sure!! Her rendition of ‘lets stay together’ was just awesome!!! I don’t understand why she was in the bottom 3? What’s the matter with the American Voters? Are they hearing impaired? People need to be reminded this is a singing competition.
Unfortunately, Shannon did deserve to go home though I acknowledge she does have future potential – she just needs to stay away from Witney & Mariah songs choices for one – she doesn’t have the vocal ability nor does she bring any originality to her peformances. Heejun’s performance was boring and would have been my next choice for elimination.

lacey

Posted at 3:03 AM on March 17, 2012

Shannon deserved to go, out of the bottom 3 girls. She was so patchy and all over the place. I think in a year or two she should try again, Erika shouldn’t have been in the bottom, peolpe need to keep voting!

lacey

Posted at 3:05 AM on March 17, 2012

pitchy*

Steve E.

Posted at 1:30 AM on March 17, 2012

I don’t think Shannon deserved to be eliminated from the competition at this time. She has a beautiful voice, she just needs to hear a playback of herself to realize what happens when she pushes it and work around that. I must be watching something entirely different then those that voted to keep Heejun Han in the competition. Here’s how I thought it should have gone; Shannon should have ended up in the bottom three, Elise should have been safe and Heejun Han should have been eliminated. “Oh well”, that’s show business.

Jimmy G

Posted at 12:52 AM on March 17, 2012

Shannon sad to say deserved the axe this week. She needs another year to mature the pipes and try again next year.
I agree that Elise should not be in the bottom three…she has that sexy voice and is different enough to make it in todays market.I like Erika also and if she can last another couple of weeks the Amereican public will start to catch on to her sound and ability.Joshua is slick and has range and should get to the final 4.Jessica is way above her head for a 16 year old and will be in the finals.Phillip Phillip is a talent and with the right song choice will continue to grow and could sneak into the top five.The little blonde can’t remember her name but is British is also solid.

GLORIA

Posted at 12:40 PM on March 16, 2012

Erika has all of the girls beat by a mile! I hope she doesn’t listen to the coaches and just sings the way she knows how to! She is tops!

John H

Posted at 12:02 PM on March 16, 2012

I am baffled why Elise Testone has been in the bottom 3 for the last 2 weeks. I have always thought she belongs in the TOP 3. Last week the judges savaged her after she sang a Whitney Houston song that the “coaches” forced on her….not to mention Whitney songs are certainly not Elises’ genre. Other than that she has been terrific every week.

When other contestants sang songs not fitted to their voice and style the judges were not as harsh. Sometimes I just wonder about this whole show??? Pia Toscano booted last year??? Results Fixed???

D

Posted at 11:42 AM on March 16, 2012

She can sing nice, but she’s not really star quality. Maybe her voice will mature as she keeps at it. She comes accross stiff, not like a natural.