'Pretty Little Liars' Stars Reveal Their Reactions To A's Identity

Thu, March 15, 2012 12:15pm EDT by 13 Comments

Lucy Hale, Shay Mitchell & Troian Bellisario stopped by ‘The View’ on March 15 to give some season finale scoop.

Rosewood’s texting terrorist is finally being revealed on the March 19 season finale of Pretty Little Liars, and during a trip to The View, the stars revealed how they reacted when they found out themselves. “We were on the floor,” Lucy Hale said, recalling the table read when the cast first got their hands on the script.

“By the time it came out, we all had different suspicions and hopes,” Troian Bellisario said, to which Lucy added, “And none of us were right!”

So who is “A”? The girls couldn’t say, of course, but Troian did reassure viewers that their minds will be blown — as if we didn’t already assume that.

“It’s going to be a very, very fast and exciting ride,” she teased of the finale. “The person who winds up being ‘A’ is not going to be a disappointment.

Troian and Lucy were joined by fellow liar Shay Mitchell, who said she was “honored” to play Emily and remind young LGBT viewers that they’re not alone in their struggles. Sadly, Ashley Benson couldn’t join her partners in crime solving, as she’s stuck shooting Spring Breakers in Florida.

Watch their interview below:

Loading video...

So who do YOU think “A” is? Cast your vote below, then hit up the comments section with your best theories!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Pretty Little Liars updates

Kat

Posted at 2:35 AM on March 20, 2012

Well I was pretty shocked that A is Mona, because a lot of people were saying that they were going to not do what was in the book. Also Mona seemed like she was Hanna’s friend, plus Mona was getting texts from A also, which threw a lot of people off probably. Well at least Mona isn’t the only A. The show will live on but I can believe Maya died, I just went and guessed either she was gonna die or she was gonna be A. It doesn’t even show anything about it!! Which keeps me hanging on. People said Ezra was going to be A. I completely agreed at first, but now I don’t think he had anything to do with Alison at all. Hopefully not anyways. Well that leaves us with Garrett in jail, Jenna being all not blind anymore, Jason with a burnt down house, Lucas is totally apart of this somehow, Melissa being a prego super bitch, Noel kinda in the picture still, and officer wilden being a douche. Super excited about what will happen the up coming season. I have no idea what to expect. My mind is blown. I mean go figure it’s Mona, but I just thought she was too much of a friend to Hanna to do that to her. Craziness! Wow this proves how much of a nerd I am.

Jess

Posted at 11:35 PM on March 19, 2012

Mona is A

A

Posted at 1:37 PM on March 19, 2012

I’m pretty sure A will not be a character who has not been introduced into the show or has not had much of a role in Pretty Little Liars. To make it a shock, which it will be judging by this interview and as we expected, we would need to know the character and understand their motives and most of all for the shock of the revelation of A to work we would need to know what the character is like and who it is. Therefore, it being Alison would not work since that would be the obvious choice. It needs to be surprising and Alison being alive and Alison’s twin that did die would NOT be an interesting storyline. It would be lazy.

Einstein

Posted at 8:34 PM on March 17, 2012

I think it’s Mona. The last episode, the plot they set up with her & Toby, Mona could’ve EASILY played it off when she asked them if they’d received a text yet. Or… if not Mona, it could be Jenna. I do believe Jenna maybe has been faking her blindness WAY before the last episode. That could explain why 2 ppl have referred to her as “pretty eyes” the writers & producers knew it’d eliminate her in our minds. Idk… ugh! LOL I just can’t wait til Monday and I hope it’s not Ezra! I hate these Ezra speculations, that would ruin my perfect image of him. LOL

M

Posted at 7:52 PM on March 17, 2012

I Love pretty little liars! BTW -A is Alison she not dead my my best friend told me its all over the internet Alison twin sister died!

pllLover

Posted at 10:19 PM on March 15, 2012

omg 3rt season yeiii thanks lucyy

Lauren

Posted at 8:46 PM on March 15, 2012

wow they snubbed shay!

druggie

Posted at 5:52 PM on March 15, 2012

I am honestly clueless about A is . every episode im always like “no it her! , no its him” gahhh i just cant wait till monday comes :D anyways follow me on twitter – https://twitter.com/#!/TheAdorableBum

beautiful girls

Posted at 5:20 PM on March 15, 2012

Lucy haler all the way! Goo PLL! Follow me on twitter- @amandaforever87 <3

hello gourgg

Posted at 5:19 PM on March 15, 2012

I heart the girls! I agree with pllluver- spencers father and her sister Melissa- they are both such trouble makers!

pllluver

Posted at 4:56 PM on March 15, 2012

OMG hilarious! Melissa and Spenser’s dad!

j

Posted at 3:19 PM on March 15, 2012

ok they said we wont be disapointed about A and im pretty sure A being ezra would be dissapointing..EZRAS NOT A.

Selena