'Jane By Design' Creator Reveals Time Jump & Scoop On Jane's Big Decision

Thu, March 15, 2012 3:26pm EST by 92 Comments

‘Jane By Design’ creator April Blair gives HollywoodLife.com a sneak peek at what’s to come this summer.

Dying to know whether Jane (Erica Dasher) chooses Billy (Nick Roux) or Jeremy (Rowly Dennis) when Jane By Design returns for the second half of its freshman season? You’ve still got a few months to wait, but creator April Blair tells HollywoodLife.com your patience will reward you — because there are some major changes ahead.

But first thing’s first: The next new episodes, which will premiere sometime in June, don’t begin right where the spring finale left off. In fact, April tells me the premiere will take place a month or two in the future.

“We’ll get to see how things have changed for everyone,” April teases. “The first episode back is about change, and changes in relationships.”

Fans of Billy’s gravity defying hair can breathe a sigh of relief, though; his ‘do is not one of many things that change, even after his trip to the youth detention facility.

“We always keep the hair,” April assures me. “The hair stays. I told Nick Roux, ‘Don’t go all method and shave your head before we come back.’ It’s all about the hair.”

And what of India (India de Beaufort), who was fired after being wrongfully fingered as the Donovan Decker mole? April says we shouldn’t worry about her either. She’s not going anywhere.

“You’ll see just as much India as before,” she assures me. “We have a lot of fun stuff for her. We love her. She’s been a major part of the show and she’ll continue to be.”

As for Jeremy being the actual mole, April says that was always the plan — but Rowly was the only actor who knew about it ahead of time!

“The situation between Jeremy, Jane and India becomes more complicated,” she adds. “India harbored all these secret feelings for him in the first 10 episodes, so her being blamed for what he did affects them. We’ll definitely explore Jeremy and India.”

Lastly, and arguably most important, is the eternal romantic struggle between Jane and Billy. April says that, even though she feels the couple is “ultimately meant to be,” it’s not like they’ll be getting married anytime soon. So fans of Nick (Matthew Atkinson) will still have plenty of opportunities to see their favorite jock try to win Jane back after his epic betrayal.

Great, as if I wasn’t already impatient waiting for summer to get here!

What do you think of these revelations, Jane By Design fans? Drop a comment with your thoughts on Jane’s decision, Billy’s confession, and anything else you can’t wait to see when new episodes come back this summer.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Jane By Design scoop

Emily

Posted at 10:36 PM on March 20, 2012

I like Jeramy and Jane! Or Nick and Jane! but Billy and Jane would be awkward since they r bffs and if they date and it goes wrong, then it would affect there friendship. I think India will start working for Bo (Grays rival guy). And Ben and The counseler will date and there will be drama with Todd.

Keyvon

Posted at 8:09 PM on March 17, 2012

I really look forward to the other episodes that soon will come and I have to say I allegedly cried when JBD was “paused” if you say. I cant believe I’m saying this but I have a confession to make . This show means the world to me . I can’t live without it . I have a real connection with the show . And I can’t wait until I get the suspense of watching the show .im still crying so sad but I have to put it together. XO screaming ………………!!!!

heyitsme

Posted at 10:39 PM on March 15, 2012

JANE AND BILLY. JANE AND BILLY!!

jamie

Posted at 8:23 PM on March 15, 2012

BILLY AND JANE!

sienna2076

Posted at 8:16 PM on March 15, 2012

wow, I am even more excited to see the new episodes! I had a feeling billy would be going to the detention facility. I think it will only increase the rommantic tension between Jane and Billy, because from what I can tell they haven’t been apart for more than a few days since they were little! Now that Billy knows his true feelings for Jane He won’t be able to deny them. I don’t think he will be hanging out with nick anymore, or any other guy interested in dating Jane! I miss the show so much that I’ve been watching a JBD and Nick Roux marathon since the finale! LOL Thanks for the update! I can’t wait till this summer!

sienna2076

Posted at 8:52 PM on March 15, 2012

hey I forgot to add something..is it just me, or has nick Roux who plays “Billy” more muscular? I wasn’t suprised about the fact that the show goes ahead a few months, and that Judge pope decided to send him to the detention facility after all. I am guessing billy will be hitting the gym while he’s gone! No matter who Jane chooses, Jane and Billy’s relationship, will probably never be quite the same! I can’t wait to see what happens next!

Fallon

Posted at 7:55 PM on March 15, 2012

BILLY AND JANE NEED TO BE TOGETHER!!!! <3

Emilie.

Posted at 7:35 PM on March 15, 2012

Nick and Jane need to be together! She can still have Billy as her best friend but she needs to be with Nick!

alexa

Posted at 6:53 PM on March 15, 2012

I love Billy and Jayne as beat friends and I like nick and Jayne as a couple I think nick is cute.and Billy but Jayne and Billy have been bff`s to ling to get toget and as for Lulu she can just forget about it ciz she ruined it with kiss with nick

melissa

Posted at 6:51 PM on March 15, 2012

I think its not fair i mean i know its a new season and all but i wait and wait everyday for that 1 new episode of Jane by Design! and Billy and Jane are ment 2 be! i mean face it Nick and LouLou luv the popularity crowd so their pretty much ment 2 be! and jeremy being the mole and all shows u cant trust him also like u cant really trust India either so they are like the same so they are ment 2 be! all this wait 4 Jane by Design well i really do love the show its the best , but all this waiting could draw people away….. So hopefully bring it back sooner please!!!!! thanks -Melissa :)

Emily

Posted at 6:36 PM on March 15, 2012

I think jane’s options should be between billy and nick because jeremy is way older than jane but i want nick and jane to be together in the end but she should make him work for it.

molly

Posted at 6:04 PM on March 15, 2012

Keep Jane and Billy together! Make Nick try to get her back, but make sure he doesnt… and sure they can end up being friends, but how are Jane and Billy going to remain friends if she turns him down? “I love you” is too much of a big deal to let go. So, it’s definitely not realistic that they could remain as close as they were before because now Jane knows that when she hugs him, or changes in front of him, it will mean something different to each character and she won’t do that anymore.. and she has to because it was so cute!

cathy

Posted at 6:00 PM on March 15, 2012

I cannot wait till summer but Jane better not choose Jeremy he totally betrayed all of them its either sweet Billy or cute Nick!!! Come on Jane make a decision!!!!!!!!!!!

Acey

Posted at 6:00 PM on March 15, 2012

I love this. I cannot wait! ! :D I’m pysched! Love this show!

Kaylynn

Posted at 5:41 PM on March 15, 2012

On Jane by design I hope Jane and jemery get together on the second season.

willow

Posted at 5:40 PM on March 15, 2012

i think jane and jeremy are the perfect couple. idc if he was/is the mole. they are cute together!

Cookie

Posted at 5:24 PM on March 15, 2012

OH, THANK GOD. I thought Nick was gonna be out of the picture.

Gabriella

Posted at 5:24 PM on March 15, 2012

Billy and Jane need to get together. They were made for each other, they are one in the same…. They are meant to be. I feel bad for India for taking the blame for Jeremy and he use her feelings for him to his advantage. I am SO EXCITED for Jane By Design to come back in June <3

Kirstin

Posted at 5:23 PM on March 15, 2012

No they can’t start dating if they break up it’ll ruine every thing. And it will be weird them kissing all the time.

Pickles

Posted at 5:21 PM on March 15, 2012

OMG!!!!!!..the summer needs to hurry up!!!..i wanna see what happens!!!!..I hope she picks either Billy or Nick!!!!..i like them both!!!!….HURRY!!!!..and what about Jane’s brother..what happens with him and that teacher?!?!….I am soo BIG CHEESIN for this show!!!!!:))

tiffany

Posted at 5:14 PM on March 15, 2012

jane and nick MUST get back together!!!

Ella

Posted at 5:11 PM on March 15, 2012

I knew it… I knew it was too soon for the writers to make Billy confess his love for Jane… If she doesn’t feel the same way then their friendship will be so awkward. :(

Nicole

Posted at 5:07 PM on March 15, 2012

I hope that Jane and Billy get together in the new season. Jane and Billy have been best friends for many years. Jane and Jeremy have known each other for weeks or months. Jeremy is too old for Jane. Jane and Billy are the same age.

Chloe Adams

Posted at 5:06 PM on March 15, 2012

BILLY+JANE= FOREVER<3

Summer

Posted at 5:05 PM on March 15, 2012

I CAN’T wait! OMG! WHY does it have to be all the way in JUNE?!?!?!

Vera

Posted at 4:12 PM on March 15, 2012

Thanks for another great article Andy!! so excited for summer.

TOD BOB