Charlize Theron Adopts Baby Boy Stateside — All The New Details!

Thu, March 15, 2012 11:50am EST by 24 Comments
Charlize Theron Adopts Baby Boy

The Oscar-winning actress is now a proud mommy to a baby boy. Check out the deets below!

Charlize Theron is the newest mom in Hollywood! The 36-year-old actress has adopted an African-American baby boy named Jackson, a source confirms to Us!

“This just came up again a few months ago [when] the baby became available,” an insider tells the mag.

Earlier this week, Charlize’s rep also confirmed the adoption to HollywoodLife.com. “Charlize Theron has adopted a child,” the rep stated. “She is the proud mom of a healthy baby boy named Jackson.”

“She is glad to be able to do it on her own — and is so happy to be a mom,” the insider said.

This is the first child for the Young Adult actress! Congratulations to her!

More Charlize Theron:

1. Charlize Theron: You’d Look Amazing In Naeem Khan’s Fall/Winter 2012 Collection
  2. Charlize Theron Calls Kristen Stewart ‘Quite The Fighter’ In ‘Snow White And The Huntsman’
  3. Charlize Theron, Oscar De La Renta Runway Models & More: See Who Is Wearing Headbands

presell page

Posted at 9:11 PM on May 27, 2014

Woah this blog is wonderful i really like studying your articles. Stay up the great paintings! You know, many people are searching round for this info, you could help them greatly.

MsBliss

Posted at 10:53 AM on June 13, 2012

In reference to the post way up above….there is a WET Channel. To find it….just turn on your TV. Seeing as how “Caucasians” regulate all television & media at the end of the day.
But to touch relevance….as long as the child is being loved, educated, sheltered, and fed, who cares who adopts who, and if there are any hidden agendas? Particularly if said child would not have had ideal opportunities coming from their original background. Prove that the adoptive parents are any more neglegent than yousre towards your own children, and have negative agendas, and then you may have a case on your hands.

Whiterules

Posted at 12:30 AM on January 3, 2013

rofl, you mean Jews who run the entertainment industry and run nothing but anti-white garbage day and night.

Choctaw Indian & Black

Posted at 10:12 PM on May 13, 2012

I don’t agree with Laurie at all. Laurie you are a complete racist. I feel sorry for your step-grandkids because you are racist. You use the term “These People” and go back to Africa. Why don’t you go back to whatever land your Ancestors are from. America belonged to the Indians first. Black people did not ask to come here, blacks were perfectly fine living in Africa with their exotic animals and Diamond mines. Charlize is from South Africa she has adopted this child out of love. I see nothing wrong with a White woman adopting a black child. Whoever can care for the child, love the child, that’s the person who should adopt a child. You said a lot of degrading things about blacks. I will not stoop to your level Karen of writing racially motivated words against whites. I love all people.

Whiterules

Posted at 12:31 AM on January 3, 2013

wrong, look up Solutreans sometime on youtube. White were on North America FIRST.

jace

Posted at 6:02 AM on March 24, 2012

Well Laurie I don’t fully agree with you but unfortunatly your right black people tend to have more children then they can take care of hence they are the biggest drain on our economy when it comes to welfare and our prison system and since it costs about 33,000 a year to house an inmate that’s a lot when you think about it… So I ask this of everyone commenting black people make up for over 60% of all violent crime and rape also they are the biggest users of welfare and section 8 housing. But over the years they have actually turned this country into reverse racism where white kids aren’t able to attend certain colleges because they must meet regulations. Also why is it that there allowed to have private all black schools and that’s ok but if whites tried to maintain such they would be racists. Also BET if I started a tv station called WET I would be racist and I love this Obama is our first black president hello his mom white raised by white grandparents. And I think its funny how for years they wanted to be looked at as equal not by color we are supposed to all just be humans but now because being a minority had certain benefits by golly black it is. So sorry all you politically correct people your living in a fantasy world oh by the way I’m mixed my mom is of African descent and my father Irish/Italian so I also wonder though why do yoi never see celebrity adopting white kids from right here in America or even black kids why must they go to Africa to so this is it for publicity I don’t know but plenty of kids need help right here in our country!!!

janice koenig

Posted at 9:42 AM on March 23, 2012

WHY DO THEY LET ENTERTAINERS ADOPT BABIES SO EASILY . MOST AVERAGE COUPLES HAVE TO WAIT YEARS AND STILL MAY NOT GET A BABY. I CANNOT STAND IT WHEN ACTORS HAVE SOMEONE ELSE CARRY A CHILD FOR THEM………..THIS IS A JOKE.

Laurie

Posted at 1:58 PM on March 17, 2012

No my comment wasn’t meant for you, Karen. You’re right, I should be nicer, I will do that. I just like getting these people all upset over something said by someone they don’t even know. I actually have 2 black step-grandchildren.

Karen E.

Posted at 9:31 PM on March 17, 2012

Thank you Laurie,that was very sweet of you to reply to me not many people would have, or their comments probably would have been mean.You are right, how dare people talk about other people that they will probably will never meet,it is great that you have children of color in your life ,it really does show what kind of person you are.I pray all the time that these children of all colors find love and peace.Laurie we live in A ugly hateful world and all we can do is stand united and pray it gets better.Thanks again for getting back to me,that shows respect…peace..Karen E.If you want to ever post I,m A Twi fan and I go on Rob and Kristen so if you ever go on it look for me,now I will probably will be going on the hunger games….Peace Karen E.

Laurie

Posted at 1:17 AM on March 17, 2012

My goodness you “BLACK” people certainly are hostile! Maybe you need to practice what you preach about “hate” and quit swearing, etc. at me. Yes, it is fact – the county I live in is 2% black, but they make up at least 40% of the jail population…they are good for nothing and need to all go back to Africa to make this a much better country! (you included!)

Karen E.

Posted at 11:30 AM on March 17, 2012

Hey Laurie,I hope your comment was not to me, I am A 55 year young White Women and I have 3 great kids,Now don’t get me wrong I have had my share of hatefulness to people who just don’t get it,both black and white.Who the hell are you to say say go back to Africa,THAT IS ONE OF THE UGLIEST,EVIL COMMENT ANY PERSON CAN MAKE,it just makes me sick to my stomach,and you Laurie also make me sick to my stomach for saying such terrible things about another human being.Let me ask you do you belong to the KKK because it sure does read like it does.You can come back with any reply you want,I have learned in my 55 years young,that it is in the heart and soul of a person,that makes them who they are.Do you Laurie have a heart or soul?……I’ll pray for you too because you really do need it..Bye for now ,post me back if your comment was mean t for me.Peace…Karen E.

Laurie

Posted at 5:34 AM on March 16, 2012

Anna,
I have plenty of love in my heart and not hate…how dare you presume to know me. What I said has nothing to do with your so-called HATE. It has to do with facts. These people have many more children up for adoption and yes, most of them are on welfare or incarcerated.

BalckGal

Posted at 5:54 AM on March 16, 2012

“these people”???? WTF!!! What facts?? You must stop letting your behind do the thinking for you! I dont even want to know a stupid ignorant pig like you! Go crawl back under the stone you come from

Anna

Posted at 3:41 AM on March 16, 2012

I am sorry but the first two comment makers should not hate. The article never stated the RACE of the child and why does it BOTHER YOU so much? As long as the child is healthy and has been adopted by A LOVING MOTHER who cares? I say congrats to Charlize. So many woman CAN’T have children. She did what was best for her. SO A BIG CONGRATS! I know she’ll be a wonderful mother to Jackson. G-d bless.

Anna

Posted at 3:42 AM on March 16, 2012

Let me clarify the comment makers I was referring to were Laurie and Christy. I hope someday you find love in your hearts and rid yourself of hate.

Anna

Posted at 3:47 AM on March 16, 2012

Here I go again. I apologize. I missed the African American part. But my belief stands firm. It does not matter the race of the child. Also there SHOULD NOT be an emphasis on the race of the child at all either.

Laurie

Posted at 12:08 AM on March 16, 2012

The reason so many whites are adopting black babies is probably because there are so many available for adoption. Most of the black parents are unfit to parent…drugs, not working, on welfare etc. or they are in prison/jail – living on our tax money, I might add!!

BlackGal

Posted at 5:46 AM on March 16, 2012

You are definitely an oxygen thief, Useless!!! I aslo pay Tax u moron!

Black Gal

Posted at 5:50 AM on March 16, 2012

Did we ask the damn whites to adopt our kids? It’s people like u that always see things as ‘black & white'; that contribute to so much hatred in the world. Many whites also come from broken homes, with drugs and alcohol abuse. Go to hell, u stupid idiot

Christy

Posted at 11:25 PM on March 15, 2012

So tired of white people adopting black babies. Have you ever heard of a black family adopting a white baby? This practice must really irk black people. It seems racist. Superior white people swoop in to rescue black children but never the other way around. I’m not against inter racial adoption per se but it’s getting kind of faddish. The list of single white woman in Hollywood adopting black babies is getting kind of long..

Marie

Posted at 7:19 AM on March 16, 2012

It has nothing to do with “fads” rather availability. Some people wait for years for a healthy white child when there are black children available. It is a personal choice. I like that Sandra Bullock and Charlize Theron both decided to adopt stateside.

Most people that want to be parents don’t particularly care what skin tone their child has.

hrminy

Posted at 1:04 PM on March 16, 2012

Dear Christy: A child is a child, and as Marie points out, there are waiting lists years long for white babies while children of color end up in foster care or worse for lack of enough adoptive homes to give them loving homes. That is a SHAME, if you ask me. Every child deserves a home. Who cares about skin color. Tell me Christy, have you adopted any child of any skin color?

Karen E.

Posted at 8:19 AM on March 15, 2012

Congrats Mommy,there is nothing like it in the world.I have 3 all grown now,and i was blessed with 4 grand babies.So God bless you and your child.You are going to be A wonderful mother.. Prayers,peace and love to you and your baby….Karen E.

Yakisot

Posted at 4:59 AM on March 30, 2012

You all are so blind. These celebs could care LESS about African babies. They are only USED to promote their careers. Angelina and Brad Pitt have nannies that care for the kids most of the time. Don’t be fooled by the cameo shots from ignorant money hungry photographers. These people are a lie. A scam. Why not adopt an American black child in foster care? Oh, well, let’s see…mmmm because it’s not part of the council of foreign relations (CFR) agenda. SOOOOO phony. Wake up people. wake the F up.